Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Croydon said:
    mendonca said:
    Feels like perhaps Sess in, Egbo out?
    We do love a player who's had no pre season 
    With a dodgy knee that has to be "managed". Ticks all the boxes sign him up.
  • Nombe missed a pen today.. 

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Wouldn't want him now if he refused to play for them or "wasn't in the right place" to play.  

Or is it OK when we sign them? 
    My immediate thought as well. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Wouldn't want him now if he refused to play for them or "wasn't in the right place" to play.  

Preferably not. Taylor and Parker come to mind.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Preferably not. Taylor and Parker come to mind.
    Well quite but does it work they same if we are the "big" club? 

Or does it show a real desire to come and play for us?   Hunger to better himself a point to prove?

If it was us bidding, which is a big if.  I did see here and else where that us bidding for Nombe could unsettle him and force Exeter's hand.  I think it's hypocrisy, totally understandable, but hypocrisy all the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tbh think Harrogate have just been honest as apposed to saying he was sick or had a knock like clubs usually do. Would still take him, though think he's off to Exeter...
  • Dazzler21 said:
    To me, refusing to play whilst under contract is trashy behaviour.
    Totally agree but we must have been the beneficiary of it before? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

It's par for the course. 
    His present club say they have received firm bids. Evidently the player is unsettled and discussed the issue with agent and club.

You can't blame a player ambitious enough to want to try and prove himself in a higher division - and dare I say it, hope to be offered a contract that provides a better income.
    The player is already 27 and may feel that a move this summer will provide that opportunity. Now or ever.

• Cafc43v3r said:

I wonder if KAG missed that pen at Peterborough because his head was in a similar place to Armstrong now?
  • Couldn't give a fuck. If he's gonna be the missing piece that gets us out of this bloody league, we can just worry about replacing him when he refuses to play for us for whatever reason
    And send them Aneke as a replacement. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Happens a lot a players head gets turned as the terminology goes, especially if a big club comes along , remember Scott Parker I remember Curbs saying it about him before he went to Chelsea 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Happens a lot a players head gets turned as the terminology goes, especially if a big club comes along , remember Scott Parker I remember Curbs saying it about him before he went to Chelsea 
    Exactly, and 20 years later we are still crying about it.
  • Just out of interest @Swisdom, how does it work with you sending the Club Management a few players? I'd have thought a professional setup would ignore it as 'fan mail', or do they hold you in good regards for spotting decent players?
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    He's going to Exeter to allow Nombe to come to us
    Hopefully. But Exeter have had a decent bit of money come in so could just be buying him to partner Nombe considering they don’t have Jevani Brown or Stansfield from last season 
  • Egbo off?
    If we bring in a replacement then I think so, even if it's just out on loan. At the end of the PSF against Aberdeen he sat on the chairs next to the dugout for a good 2-3 mins and didn't speak to anyone from the team, the coaches or anyone. Just kinda sat there, boots in hand, staring off at the Curbs Stand.
  • NabySarr said:
    sam3110 said:
    He's going to Exeter to allow Nombe to come to us
    Hopefully. But Exeter have had a decent bit of money come in so could just be buying him to partner Nombe considering they don’t have Jevani Brown or Stansfield from last season 
    A club like Exeter can’t afford to let Nombe go for nothing despite whatever other money has come in over the summer. He’ll go at the right price but he’ll go this window I’m sure.
  • Even with the money Exeter have got this summer from the Ampadu sell on clause and Key , they can't be turning down 500k+ bids for Nombe for the whole window. If they get Armstrong in early next week I could see another bid for Nombe going in straight away. I think ultimately it will happen but it might be one that does go to the last couple of days of the window. 
  • edited August 2023
    sam3110 said:
    Egbo off?
    If we bring in a replacement then I think so, even if it's just out on loan. At the end of the PSF against Aberdeen he sat on the chairs next to the dugout for a good 2-3 mins and didn't speak to anyone from the team, the coaches or anyone. Just kinda sat there, boots in hand, staring off at the Curbs Stand.
    Wouldn’t be suprised to see Egbo reunite with Garner at Colchester.
  • sam3110 said:
    Egbo off?
    Wouldn’t be suprised to see Egbo reunite with Garner at Colchester.

Would be a very good replacement for Junior Tchmadeu if he does go to the championship , could easily see that happening 
  • Thanks. Great summary and work @Swisdom.