Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• J BLOCK said:
    I'm surprised people haven't learned their ratios on here yet. 60 new posts? Probably just a debate about soup. 200+? There's your rumour/signing.
    I skim read and only look at posts with 10+ likes 
    His post has 8 likes... 
  • Someone on the Facebook page (yeah, I know!) suggesting the Steven Sessegnon was spotted at The Valley on Saturday. 

Probably nonsense but would be an ideal signing if fit as can cover both sides.

• IanJRO said:
    Someone on the Facebook page (yeah, I know!) suggesting the Steven Sessegnon was spotted at The Valley on Saturday. 

Been mentioned on here, from a reliable first hand source. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    IanJRO said:
    Someone on the Facebook page (yeah, I know!) suggesting the Steven Sessegnon was spotted at The Valley on Saturday. 

Been mentioned on here, from a rand eliable first hand source. 
    The person n facebook posted a picture of Sess arriving in his car .
  • thought he was one of our better players last year but seems injury prone - not overly fussed we re sign him
  • DOUCHER said:
    thought he was one of our better players last year but seems injury prone - not overly fussed we re sign him
    The injuries are a definite concern. As a player I think he would be a great addition. 
  • Ideally I would like another left footed defender. Maybe one who can play LCB as well as Left Back.

I like CBT going further forward and feel he needs to concentrate on that rather than the wing back role. Terrel Thomas is okay on the left but I would prefer a natural leftie.

We probably need two more strikers as well.

I feel other incomings will depend on who leaves.
  • DOUCHER said:
    thought he was one of our better players last year but seems injury prone - not overly fussed we re sign him
    It would be odd if we moved on Egbo (who is a  talented Full back but has injury issues) and then signed Sessegnon (who is ALSO a talented full back with injury issues.)

Sess could theoretically cover both sides but can we actually count on his availability? I'd be wary of risking it.
  • thenewbie said:
    DOUCHER said:
    It would be odd if we moved on Egbo (who is a  talented Full back but has injury issues) and then signed Sessegnon (who is ALSO a talented full back with injury issues.)

Sess could theoretically cover both sides but can we actually count on his availability? I'd be wary of risking it.
    I think Sessegnon has a much higher ceiling than Egbo. 

If his knee is manageable in the short term and curable in the medium term Sessegnon would be great addition.  Big IF. 

Last season the big problem wasn't that he missed games, it was we had no one else to play when he didn't. If generally he played Saturdays and Asiimwe midweek it would probably be a great thing for both of them.
  • redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    IanJRO said:

I saw him after the game. He was 100% there.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    thenewbie said:
    DOUCHER said:

If his knee is manageable in the short term and curable in the medium term Sessegnon would be great addition.  Big IF. 

Last season the big problem wasn't that he missed games, it was we had no one else to play when he didn't. If generally he played Saturdays and Asiimwe midweek it would probably be a great thing for both of them.
    Agreed, havinng Sess and Assiimwe rotating at RWB would be execellent as Sess can also cover LWB if needed.

we also don’t want to rely on putting too much pressure on Assiimwe to perform week in week out all season at 18, very few players are able to do that.
    Then do we want to sign someone with injury issues?

One long term injury and that could be the result.

I'm not sure either way, by the way - Sess is a good player, but that's the concern, especially if we sell Egbo.
  • Egbo and McGrandles were Garner signings and DH has his own ideas thats why JOJO was sold very quickly. - He definitely wants his own players and characters in there. 
  • Are any signings close?
  • If Sess's knee issues are sorted then it's one hell of a signing and slightly surprised he's not got a championship club. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    thenewbie said:
    DOUCHER said:

Agreed, havinng Sess and Assiimwe rotating at RWB would be execellent as Sess can also cover LWB if needed.

we also don’t want to rely on putting too much pressure on Assiimwe to perform week in week out all season at 18, very few players are able to do that.
    Then do we want to sign someone with injury issues?

One long term injury and that could be the result.

I'm not sure either way, by the way - Sess is a good player, but that's the concern, especially if we sell Egbo.
    The injury issue he has isn't a long term one is it?  By that I dont think it would cause him to miss months at a time unless we ocer play him.  Ie he can play Saturdays but just needs managing.

He still played 33 league games last season which isn't bad at all, we are in a position to manage him better this season as well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCDAZ said:
    Sam Cosgrove anyone? On ridiculous wages at Brum so would either need to be a loan or he takes a big pay cut.
    (page 281)

Reams on ITTV saying we’re in for Cosgrove as a target man option.
    not for me, just gives me Stockley vibes.
    To be fair Stockley at the start of his time with us was pretty good. By the end he was dreadful. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    The injuries are a definite concern. As a player I think he would be a great addition. 
    He played 33 league games and 38 across all competitions. I'm not sure where injuries has come from, hasn't he had one injury which has now been operated on and hopefully sorted?

it's a squad game and if we have sess, egbo and Edun fighting it out for two starting places, that's a good position to be in
  • The problem with signing players who have to have their minutes managed, is that it significantly reduces the manager's flexibility. If Sess can't play midweeks, what happens if Asiimwe is injured, suspended or just out of form?

It's the same problem we have with Chuks. Even if he was fit and able to play 20 minutes every game, that still means you need a starting striker AND cover for that starting striker.
  • I'll be honest with you if we finish the transfer window with Sess, Edun and CBT as the 3 options we have for LWB, I can live with that, especially if we're putting the money "saved" into getting a top striker at this level
  • Would be happy with Cosgrove as a backup but imagine he is on good money at Brum so money may be better spent elsewhere 
  • Thing is, Edun is surely a first choice pick once fit and looked handy on Saturday. Asimwe/Egbo have the right flank covered.

Where the hell is CBT going to play then? He was our most attacking threat on Saturday. Can't see how both Edun and CBT fit into this team but both deserve to.
  • DOUCHER said:
    He played 33 league games and 38 across all competitions. I'm not sure where injuries has come from, hasn't he had one injury which has now been operated on and hopefully sorted?

it's a squad game and if we have sess, egbo and Edun fighting it out for two starting places, that's a good position to be in
    Has Sess had an operation on his knee?  I think its just a problem that has to be managed. 
  • Thing is, Edun is surely a first choice pick once fit and looked handy on Saturday. Asimwe/Egbo have the right flank covered.

Where the hell is CBT going to play then? He was our most attacking threat on Saturday. Can't see how both Edun and CBT fit into this team but both deserve to.
    I'm not sure we can claim anyone deserves to fit into the team yet
  • redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    IanJRO said:

I saw him after the game. He was 100% there.
    Good. Had he been only part there, I'd have  suspected a serious injury 😉