Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Don't mind a low risk punt on someone that looks a prospect. I find it very interesting in a good way we're even looking outside of the UK at players. If it works out , we unearth a real gem of a talent with international caps for a small fee. 
  • Feels like a P'boro style signing. Would be good to see as a 4th choice gamble.

That's something I've always grudgingly admired about them , they'll take gambles on someone from the National League or lower that might be initially raw but they usually turn big profits with them. 
  • Feels like a P'boro style signing. Would be good to see as a 4th choice gamble.
    Yep I think this is fine if it’s a 4th choice punt and we still bring another striker in 
  • Hopefully, if the lad comes in, he ríps up league one more than Rocket Ronnie was prophesied to do. 

🙃
  • Sponsored links:

• Trivante Stewart is a low risk punt and i am here for it
    No thanks. This season's Ronnie Schwartz.

Scores goals in a league so foreign (and worse) than what we play in.

Would rather someone from League 2 or even National League.
    I wouldn’t mind the odd signing like this if they come in as cover to begin with and don’t stop us signing first choice players.

If he’s the only other striker we bring in this summer and he’s expected to play as regularly as Schwartz was then I agree we need better.
  • I think Ainsley Maitland-Niles was mentioned on here a while back???

He’s just signed for Lyon
  • There’s no way anyone can tell how good or not this Jamaican lad is by his performances in that league. Raw talent certainly and the only way we find out if he’s got potential is to get him over for a look see. Would be an extraordinary punt without a trial. Not expecting much to come of this to be honest. 
  • You have to be willing to look in unexpected places for bargains these days, not least because there appears to be some kind of striker deadlock in our league ATM.  I hope this is indicative of a willingness and ability to do exactly that.

If he's half as good as Ricardo Fuller (whom I thought was a great player), then we should be very interested.

Come and be one of the Reggae Boyz at CAFC, Trivante!

Only mentioned because some absolutely filthy cretins and crack addicts seem to reside on here at times
  • edited August 2023
    I think Ainsley Maitland-Niles was mentioned on here a while back???

Harry Kane is still at Spurs so there is hope..
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Harry Lane is still at Spurs so there is hope..
    I'd prefer Barry Kane
  • Jamaican strikers tend to do ok for us. Fuller & Burton both did a job.
  • If his signing video doesn't feature Ante Up I'm calling the club 
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Only mentioned because some absolutely filthy cretins and crack addicts seem to reside on here at times
    Wait, I’ve sworn off the crack now, honest!

Disappointed that they pipped us.

No ambition from these new owners... Methven out
    Euell
  • Nothing from the in-da-knows!
    They were both in there 30s and had played 100s of games in the top 2 divisions by the time we signed them.
  • DOUCHER said:
    thought he was one of our better players last year but seems injury prone - not overly fussed we re sign him
    The injuries are a definite concern. As a player I think he would be a great addition. 
    He played 33 league games and 38 across all competitions. I'm not sure where injuries has come from, hasn't he had one injury which has now been operated on and hopefully sorted?

it's a squad game and if we have sess, egbo and Edun fighting it out for two starting places, that's a good position to be in
    Has Sess had an operation on his knee?  I think its just a problem that has to be managed. 
    I read it on here that he has. So that probably means that he hasn't 😂
    I think I read that it was his brother who had an operation on his knee.
  • I can’t say I’m familiar with the Jamaican league (and that goes for everyone else on here) so we can’t currently compare him to anyone. 

Wish him good luck tho.