Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Definitely need an attacking midfielder who can get goals/assists. To compete with Fraser. He is good but goes missing in periods of the season. Needs competition and I don’t think payne is a top 6 player - we wouldn’t miss him if he moved on (providing we replace).

other than that… the obvious:

1 x striker 
    1 x RWB (bye bye Egbo) 
    1 x JRS replacement (winger who covers another position like CF maybe)
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Sess would be a great signing.. Despite his knee, he still got through enough games, and showed class. If we can rotate our wingback/fullbacks, going to help us over the season
    That's him signing then :)
  • DOUCHER said:
    thought he was one of our better players last year but seems injury prone - not overly fussed we re sign him
    The injuries are a definite concern. As a player I think he would be a great addition. 
    He played 33 league games and 38 across all competitions. I'm not sure where injuries has come from, hasn't he had one injury which has now been operated on and hopefully sorted?

it's a squad game and if we have sess, egbo and Edun fighting it out for two starting places, that's a good position to be in
    Has Sess had an operation on his knee?  I think its just a problem that has to be managed. 
    I read it on here that he has. So that probably means that he hasn't 😂
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Thing is, Edun is surely a first choice pick once fit and looked handy on Saturday. Asimwe/Egbo have the right flank covered.

Where the hell is CBT going to play then? He was our most attacking threat on Saturday. Can't see how both Edun and CBT fit into this team but both deserve to.
    CBT can play left or right wing back against weaker opposition, come off the bench as an extra attacking threat, could probably play where Campbell did on Saturday especially with a Leaburn type if May needs a rest.

Even if he isn't first choice in any position I would expect him to get minutes almost every game he is avaliable for. 
    I'm not comfortable with him at wing back, as he's not good defensively and doesn't have the engine to get up and down the touchline. In the second half he was a shadow of the attacking threat he'd been in the first half.
  • edited August 2023
    There is an agreed wage budget and while it is still being allocated to the likes of Kirk, DJ, McGrandles Chuks and the rest of the immobile and generally useless,  I suspect there will be no more signings. 
  • edited August 2023
    There is an agreed wage budget and while it is still being allocated to the likes of Kirk, DJ, McGrandles Chuks and the rest of the immobile and generally useless,  I suspect there will be no more signings. 
    Up to a point I suspect thats pretty accurate and the club have told us the focus is to move some players on. However. I think Holden and Scott are sensible enough to know that they must bring in a striker as a priority regardless of other deals going out. 
  • edited August 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Thing is, Edun is surely a first choice pick once fit and looked handy on Saturday. Asimwe/Egbo have the right flank covered.

Where the hell is CBT going to play then? He was our most attacking threat on Saturday. Can't see how both Edun and CBT fit into this team but both deserve to.
    CBT can play left or right wing back against weaker opposition, come off the bench as an extra attacking threat, could probably play where Campbell did on Saturday especially with a Leaburn type if May needs a rest.

Even if he isn't first choice in any position I would expect him to get minutes almost every game he is avaliable for. 
    I'm not comfortable with him at wing back, as he's not good defensively and doesn't have the engine to get up and down the touchline. In the second half he was a shadow of the attacking threat he'd been in the first half.
    He was right in front of me second half and the issue was the ball stopped being played to him, he was still calling for it almost non-stop until he was subbed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:

Like I said against weaker opposition.  I would be worried if he started there against Peterborough.
  • DOUCHER said:
    thought he was one of our better players last year but seems injury prone - not overly fussed we re sign him
    The injuries are a definite concern. As a player I think he would be a great addition. 
    He played 33 league games and 38 across all competitions. I'm not sure where injuries has come from, hasn't he had one injury which has now been operated on and hopefully sorted?

it's a squad game and if we have sess, egbo and Edun fighting it out for two starting places, that's a good position to be in
    He's had niggles throughout the last few years, it's not just been one injury but there is one in particular which keeps cropping up. I agree if it's been operated on then hopefully it's behind him, but he's not had a pre-season and would presumably take some time. If we're going to sign him, hopefully we get it done now and keep Egbo until late in the window so we're not left short while he gets himself fit. 

38 games out of 55 odd is ok, but there was also a few times where he wasn't fit to start, so we're looking about 60% of the time that he was fit to play 90 mins which is ok but not great. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

He was right in front of me second half and the issue was the ball stopped being played to him, he was still calling for it almost non-stop until he was subbed.
    i think we might see a lot more of Thomas this season tbh when CBT is playing LWB. When we were defending, we were effectively playing a flat back 4, as Thomas was covering the left hand channel, with CBT sitting in-front and not tracking back, as to be expected with him. tbf Holden made it work, usually i get really pissed at CBT when he doesn't, but with thomas behind him, it did effectively relieve some of that defensive duty expected of him. i think depending on who we play will depend on who is there, for example, against Derby, i don't believe we'd see him in the start x11, I personally think we'd be looking for a strong defensive unit and could and would rather see Edun playing.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

His nip had gone though. That electric pace just wasn't there.
  • So, let's go over what positions need filling for the umpteenth time

1 x striker 
    1 x RWB (bye bye Egbo) 
    1 x JRS replacement (winger who covers another position like CF maybe)
    1 x Any others?

and if we can't get them can we at least agree and recognise, that we have the right to get them, we must fight oppression and the oppressors!
  • Cafc43v3r said:

He is probably our most dangerous player, playing where he is.
  • Our defence when stuffed 6-0 by Ipswich last season.  Sess came on for Egbo wfter 60mims and we let in another 4 goals after that.

Individually I like many of our defenders but have to admit I am a little worried about how many we have re-signed given there always seemed a certain fragility in them...

A Maynard-Brewer
    M Egbo  (replaced by Sess at 60mins)
    R Inniss 
    M Hector 
    T Thomas
  • Our defence when stuffed 6-0 by Ipswich last season.  Sess came on for Egbo wfter 60mims and we let in another 4 goals after that.

Individually I like many of our defenders but have to admit I am a little worried about how many we have re-signed given there always seemed a certain fragility in them...

A Maynard-Brewer
    M Egbo  (replaced by Sess at 60mins)
    R Inniss 
    M Hector 
    T Thomas
    Different era, different mindset, we played in a different formation too at that point, and let's be real here there was nothing riding on the match apart from pride and ego. 

We won't face many teams of that calibre this season
  • Sponsored links:

• We also beat Shrewsbury 6-0 3 games before with a back 5 of:

AMB 
    Clare (Sess came on after 19 mins) Inniss Hector Thomas
  • chev said:

This seems very interesting! Assume he would get a work permit under the new rules? 
  • edited August 2023
    What are the work permit requirements post Brexit?

Thought it was pretty hard to get players who weren't basically regular internationals?  I see he's got 3 caps but that doesn't seem enough?
  • And obligatory YouTube reel 

https://youtu.be/85lKSPhBuj4
  • MarcusH26 said:
    What are the work permit requirements post Brexit?

Thought it was pretty hard to get players who weren't basically regular internationals?
    https://www.reuters.com/sports/soccer/new-rules-allow-english-clubs-sign-players-who-do-not-meet-work-permit-2023-06-14/

We're allowed 2 signings that would not meet the usual requirements. 
    Thanks.

Does feel like we should be using that - there's only so many decent strikers about in England so why not look elsewhere.
  • Btw Reams said mount pleasant’s president was at the game yesterday