Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Hopefully Big Hec can put in a good word with the Jamaican lad if he’s any good
  • Proper rumour..yahey!
  • nagAddick said:
    Btw Reams said mount pleasant’s president was at the game yesterday 

This bloke, Peter Gould? Apparently he's from South London, wonder if he's Charlton...
  • Did think we might be better off looking abroad for our striker, in England any good striker is massively overpriced. Much better value can be found abroad but it is also tougher to find the ones that can make the step up to English football. 

A lot of successful sides in England that have moved up the pyramid without spending loads have had good overseas recruitment Brentford, Brighton, Coventry etc 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    And obligatory YouTube reel 

https://youtu.be/85lKSPhBuj4
    Alexa..... What is a unit?
  • edited August 2023
    NabySarr said:
    Did think we might be better off looking abroad for our striker, in England any good striker is massively overpriced. Much better value can be found abroad but it is also tougher to find the ones that can make the step up to English football. 

A lot of successful sides in England that have moved up the pyramid without spending loads have had good overseas recruitment Brentford, Brighton, Coventry etc 

Think this new rule allowing more freedom on overseas signings has definitely got to be worth looking at and taking advantage of. I know we had some duds in the Roland era but there's been a lot of signings this summer from some quite unusual leagues. The lad Yengi that got Pompey's equaliser came from the A-League and I think Middlesbrough have signed a couple from there too. Shrewsbury signed a New Zealand international striker from the League Of Ireland last week too. 
  • Look if he costs 50k or something and he's a flop, whatever.

Or he comes here rips the League a new one and we sell him in 3 years time to one of the big boys for a few mill
  • IanJRO said:
    Someone on the Facebook page (yeah, I know!) suggesting the Steven Sessegnon was spotted at The Valley on Saturday. 

Probably nonsense but would be an ideal signing if fit as can cover both sides.

When asked if he was joining he said it takes two before that can happen.… sounds like he wants to come back but we are not that interested at the moment 
  • Sponsored links:

• Now THAT is a rumour. 

He actually looks really decent, can only beat what's put infront of you and he can score penalties! 

Sign him up 
  • edited August 2023
    IanJRO said:
    Someone on the Facebook page (yeah, I know!) suggesting the Steven Sessegnon was spotted at The Valley on Saturday. 

When asked if he was joining he said it takes two before that can happen.… sounds like he wants to come back but we are not that interested at the moment 
    Or he is holding out for higher wages. I think we have made Sess an offer. I’m sure one of the ITKs confirmed this previously.
  • Neymar wants out, 500,000 a week wages.
  • IanJRO said:

Or he is holding out for higher wages. I think we have made Sess an offer. I’m sure one of the ITKs confirmed this previously.
    No way would Sess be here watching a game unless there was serious interest from both parties for him to return.
  • Our defence when stuffed 6-0 by Ipswich last season.  Sess came on for Egbo wfter 60mims and we let in another 4 goals after that.

Individually I like many of our defenders but have to admit I am a little worried about how many we have re-signed given there always seemed a certain fragility in them...

A Maynard-Brewer
    M Egbo  (replaced by Sess at 60mins)
    R Inniss 
    M Hector 
    T Thomas
    We beat Shrewsbury by the same score line with M Bonne scoring. Just saying!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Cracking rumour that but surely for the u21s? 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Fair play to Reams on that one tbf 
    Have we signed him then?
  • fenaddick said:
    Cracking rumour that but surely for the u21s? 

Is 21 so probably starts out in the U21s and then gets slowly integrated with Pizza Cup etc if he signs 
  • edited August 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    fenaddick said:

Is 21 so probably starts out in the U21s and then gets slowly integrated with Pizza Cup etc if he signs 
    Transfermarkt say 23  

https://www.transfermarkt.us/trivante-stewart/profil/spieler/880054
  • MarcusH26 said:
    fenaddick said:

Transfermarkt say 23  

https://www.transfermarkt.us/trivante-stewart/profil/spieler/880054
    Ah that's my bad! Was watching a 21/22 highlights video <.< 
  • IanJRO said:

No way would Sess be here watching a game unless there was serious interest from both parties for him to return.
    Sean Clare was at Welling to watch his mates.
    That was several weeks ago though, right at the start of pre season. He might even have been training with us, whereas I imagine Sess would have done some pre season at Fulham?