Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• edited August 2023
    Accept I'm in the minority, but losing McGrandles would be a mistake. The six mentioned I believe won't cover the 50+ games adequately. Besides we know he has been a top performer in a play off side. There's definitely a player there. Hopefully he performs well this evening.

The reality this season is it could be a 50+ matches of 110 minutes with the new added on time.
    16 man game now and the thought of playing 330 minutes in 8 days without enough legs in midfield over the hard long season would be an error.

No way would I play Dobson tonight but definitely McGrandles who needs to make his mark and show what he can do now he appears to be 100% fit after his truncated 22/23 season.
  • edited August 2023
    I think McGrandles is a decent player and would be good to have around. But I think it might end up being a financial decision. He was the only player we signed from league 1 last summer so I would guess is on a decent wage as it was assumed he’d be a first team player. Can we really afford that wage to be spent on a player that is probably 3rd choice behind Dobson and Taylor for one role and then maybe 4th choice behind Camara, Anderson, Taylor for another 

We want to offload the likes of DJ, Kirk etc but it’s going to be tough to find them a club that will pay all of their wages because they’ve been so poor. With McGrandles he’s probably the most likely way we can easily free up some budget to use elsewhere
  • Camara will be missing for the African Nations Cup, anyway, in Jan/Feb.
  • Stewart looks a promising talent but I hope he’s in addition to a top class target man, not instead of. 

• Sponsored links:

• edited August 2023
    According to Wiki Trivante Steweart is a Charlton player - shirt number 9 ...
    Alfie May off already! Poor lad
    Swap deal... His family didnt want to go... but Jamaica.
    .....🙄
  • There are some cracking players coming out of Asia and if we have a direct tap into that from part owners of our club I can’t see a single negative to it. Remains to be seen what standing ACA have in their area but assuming they’re high profile enough then it’s all good with me. It’s not like we’re being dictated to as to who comes with question marks over ability. It’s an entry into a market we should be looking at and as stakeholders ACA will be keen to work hard to find players good enough. 
    Does the two players who wouldn't normally qualify for work permit rule cover the women's team?
  • jams said:
    Is this driven by ACA football partners?
    How would a Singaporean group with primary focus on football talent in Asia know about a bloke scoring goals in the Jamaican league, any more so than a club based in Europe already would?

Think the question is a valid one if we were rumoured to be signing a Korean or Japanese player, but not Jamaican.
    That Douglas kid on trial from Perth Glory on the other hand... That one may make sense with ACA, but thats ONLY because Singapore and Australia are part of AFC
  • Written off by many at the time, but came back to make a surprise appearance.

• Heard he's a leader of men
  • edited August 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• You’re all going to hell
  • You’re all going to hell
    Depends if we go up to the Championship.
  • edited August 2023
    Davo55 said:
    You have to be willing to look in unexpected places for bargains these days, not least because there appears to be some kind of striker deadlock in our league ATM.  I hope this is indicative of a willingness and ability to do exactly that.

If he's half as good as Ricardo Fuller (whom I thought was a great player), then we should be very interested.

Come and be one of the Reggae Boyz at CAFC, Trivante!
    We could go from deadlocks to dreadlocks
    There could be an Exodus of Jamaican players to SE7. 
    Are you saying it would be, movement of jah people?
  • NabySarr said:
    Feels like a P'boro style signing. Would be good to see as a 4th choice gamble.
    Yep I think this is fine if it’s a 4th choice punt and we still bring another striker in 
    4th choice? Doesn’t that mean ‘he’s not very good, but we’ll sign him anyway’?
    Really hoping we’re more ambitious than that. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    NabySarr said:
    Feels like a P'boro style signing. Would be good to see as a 4th choice gamble.
    Yep I think this is fine if it’s a 4th choice punt and we still bring another striker in 
    4th choice? Doesn’t that mean ‘he’s not very good, but we’ll sign him anyway’?
    Really hoping we’re more ambitious than that. 
    More that he’s a bit of a punt so we need to be in a position where we don’t need to rely on him, but if the gamble pays off he will be better that. Ideally we have Leaburn, May, a new striker and then this Stewart if we do sign him. If not then Kanu/Campbell can probably do that job as the 4th choice that might come good 
  • Imagine the meltdown on here when mcgrandles and Morgan collect their league 1 winners medals in may
    Meltdowns R us
  • Davo55 said:
    You have to be willing to look in unexpected places for bargains these days, not least because there appears to be some kind of striker deadlock in our league ATM.  I hope this is indicative of a willingness and ability to do exactly that.

If he's half as good as Ricardo Fuller (whom I thought was a great player), then we should be very interested.

Glad someone's awake. 

I don't want to wait in vain for this signing.
  • Davo55 said:

Glad someone's awake. 

I don't want to wait in vain for this signing.

Guessing, or have 3 little birdies told you something