Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Swisdom said:
    one of the players I suggested a couple of weeks ago was a Japanese player currently playing in Singapore.  The ACA guys were asked their opinion and said he wouldn’t be good enough.  So they are having a contribution to Proceedings.  
    Hope they didn't buy sandgaard jrs black box
  • Sage said:
    Egbo and Jaiyesimi surely out the door soon. DJ is no surprise but how Egbo can’t get in the team ahead of Chin… he must be off.
    Unless he's had a niggle and not fit, perhaps?

• Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:
    Egbo and Jaiyesimi surely out the door soon. DJ is no surprise but how Egbo can’t get in the team ahead of Chin… he must be off.

Nope, he's fit, as of 2 days ago.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/dean-holden-admits-new-recruits-still-need-to-get-up-to-speed-and-explains-mandela-egbos-absence-against-orient/
  • Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:

Egbo was on the bench tonight but pulled up in pre match warm up.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:

Egbo was on the bench tonight but pulled up in pre match warm up.
    Thanks, Large. Just read  Egbo felt his quads go tight in the warm up.

• thenewbie said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:

Nope, he's fit, as of 2 days ago.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/dean-holden-admits-new-recruits-still-need-to-get-up-to-speed-and-explains-mandela-egbos-absence-against-orient/
    Self quoting because oh my word that aged SO BADLY...
  • edited August 2023
    jams said:
    Is this driven by ACA football partners?
    How would a Singaporean group with primary focus on football talent in Asia know about a bloke scoring goals in the Jamaican league, any more so than a club based in Europe already would?

Think the question is a valid one if we were rumoured to be signing a Korean or Japanese player, but not Jamaican.
    That Douglas kid on trial from Perth Glory on the other hand... That one may make sense with ACA, but thats ONLY because Singapore and Australia are part of AFC
    Think he has possibly come from the same club that AMB came from. Think Andy Petterson is part of it somehow (think he coached AMB when he was young and recommended him to Charlton), possibly we have an arrangement with them. Don't think it's anything to do with ACA, neither is the link with Trivante Stewart. Getting a player in on trial is very different to Roland Rat's idea of squad building and supporting the manager. 
  • Redrobo said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Redrobo said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Am I the only one thinking yet another network of mediocre players potentially joining us? 
    Probably.
    I think most consider the players bought in so far to be an upgrade.
    not so much the players brought in so far, i think our business has been pretty good. I mean the likes of a 20+ year olds from Jamaica and the Aussie kid coming in from "network" teams. Tried this before did we not with little to no success and lots of disgruntled fans?
    I think he is 23 and has played three times for his Country. He is fast, scored a lot of goals and looks a good prospect. Holden makes the decisions so I don’t see a problem. I would rather a young and up and coming player than someone on their way down the leagues.
    Yeah but you also said this time last year that it was refreshing we weren't trying to get promoted but were slowing building sustainably. 🙀
  • 995632 said:
    jams said:
    Is this driven by ACA football partners?
    How would a Singaporean group with primary focus on football talent in Asia know about a bloke scoring goals in the Jamaican league, any more so than a club based in Europe already would?

Think the question is a valid one if we were rumoured to be signing a Korean or Japanese player, but not Jamaican.
    That Douglas kid on trial from Perth Glory on the other hand... That one may make sense with ACA, but thats ONLY because Singapore and Australia are part of AFC
    Think he has possibly come from the same club that AMB came from. Think Andy Petterson is part of it somehow (think he coached AMB when he was young and recommended him to Charlton), possibly we have an arrangement with them. Don't think it's anything to do with ACA, neither is the link with Trivante Stewart. Getting a player in on trial is very different to Roland Rat's idea of squad building and supporting the manager. 
    And Dench.  I really wouldn't read anything in to the Aussies because it's a pipeline we already had.
  • Sage said:
    Mansfield on loan to Orient I believe 
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:
    Sage said:

Wouldn't surprise me with the injuries they have in attacking areas. 
  • I don't think DJ's going anywhere with the injuries we have racking up. 

Who is this Jamaican fella?
  • cabbles said:
    Sage said:
    Makes sense, he had his most consistent spell at Swindon under Richie Wellens
  • cabbles said:
    Sage said:
    Makes sense, he had his most consistent spell at Swindon under Richie Wellens
    My cousin is an orient fan and writes the fanzine over there.  He seems to think it was very likely.  I do think Kirk needs to be moved on again.  Even if it’s a loan.  As much as I admire his focus to try and have another stab at it, he’s just not up to being part of a team competing for promotion, even as a squad player.  Plus, he’s had 2 bad years in a row now, being loaned out twice.  Psychologically, that will resonate.  

I wish him all the best, but his career lies elsewhere 
  • Tonight must be a massive wake up call, about the gaps in our squad.
    You can't say that on here!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2023
    Tonight must be a massive wake up call, about the gaps in our squad.
     We've been here so many times in the last ,4 or 5 years. Squad depth is a sign of ambition.

If this new mob try and tell us it's good enough, then they're talking shyte just like the Sandgaards and Duchatelets of this world.

I'd like to think that as a supporter group that has trudged through the mire we are far too long in the tooth to be taken in by that kind of bullsh*t talk if it transpires.
  • Jamaican strikers tend to do ok for us. Fuller & Burton both did a job.
    Lisieux, Euell
  • Ferryman said:
    Jamaican strikers tend to do ok for us. Fuller & Burton both did a job.
    Lisieux, Euell
    Lisbie 
  • nagAddick said:

A non denial denial. 
  • nagAddick said:

He's not answered the question, it would appear there is something going on.
  • Surely if TC is out long term , an attacking piece by Saturday is a must - I'm not as low as a lot of people on Kirk but he's never a central striker. Might have to be a 433 but that doesn't really get the best out of May.