Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• the only thing that matters are the results - regardless of when the new owners arrived or what they have done / the only measure of success or failure is points. In order to get points we will need to score goals - we need strikers quick 
  • barstool said:
    How many loan spots do we have left for squad building, surely they will come in ?
    Got four places still available
  • thenewbie said:
    Redhenry said:
    The fact is, they have been overseeing things since Jan, I am highlighting a lack of progress so far. But still hope things will get better.
    You say anything negative on here and lots jump on you. I don't think I have said anything to offend anybody
    They haven't though. They have been IN NEGOTIATIONS since January. They were not in a position to actually spend money until 2 weeks ago.

You're not "jumped on" for offending anyone. People are just pointing out that you are (factually) incorrect.
    And how the hell would you or me know?
  • Where are all these quality players waiting to sign as soon as the takeover is done ?
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:
    Redhenry said:
    The fact is, they have been overseeing things since Jan, I am highlighting a lack of progress so far. But still hope things will get better.
    You say anything negative on here and lots jump on you. I don't think I have said anything to offend anybody
    They haven't though. They have been IN NEGOTIATIONS since January. They were not in a position to actually spend money until 2 weeks ago.

You're not "jumped on" for offending anyone. People are just pointing out that you are (factually) incorrect.
    Who was behind the hiring of Holden? I thought it was the new ownership even though weren’t actually in charge yet.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Let's see where we are at, at the end of the window.. Always said millions will not be spent on players. Players that have come in so far, are an upgrade on last year.

We do need more in terms of numbers, and higher standard back up players
     Far be it for me to spend other people's money, But the CAFC first team squad has been paper thin for years now. The supporters see it. The owners bat it off. It's always been Jam tomorrow. 
    I said previously that I thought the delay in this takeover gave the new owners an 'out' for why we didn't get business done. But I agree, let's wait and see.

But if at the end of this window we are all still bemoaning a piss poor squad then I think we can safely categorise the 'New regime' in with the old lot.
    This is my view as well, I am certainly not of the opinion that everything is rosy now or that it definitely will be by the time the window closes.

They've not been on the scene long which gives some grace and we can be fairly confident that in addition to May we have at least targeted Smith and Nombe, albeit unsuccessfully, so the intent seems to be there... but it's all about the execution.

Ultimately its about results on the pitch and off and while I am reserving judgment for now that doesn't mean they will be getting a free pass from me.
  • Redhenry said:
    Havent had control though... and we're two games into the season, how can anyone make serious judgement after then

So you'll have to excuse me for finding your comment funny

Edit: You could make the argument that Sandgaard not selling up sooner when he had plenty of opportunities has been the problem
    I hope your right, I really do.
    The lack of a significant early investment is a worry for me. They need to go out and buy a striker...
    They did get one to their credit, don't know if you noticed but he's in your profile picture 
  • edited August 2023
    NabySarr said:
    JamesSeed said:
    NabySarr said:
    Feels like a P'boro style signing. Would be good to see as a 4th choice gamble.
    Yep I think this is fine if it’s a 4th choice punt and we still bring another striker in 
    4th choice? Doesn’t that mean ‘he’s not very good, but we’ll sign him anyway’?
    Really hoping we’re more ambitious than that. 
    More that he’s a bit of a punt so we need to be in a position where we don’t need to rely on him, but if the gamble pays off he will be better that. Ideally we have Leaburn, May, a new striker and then this Stewart if we do sign him. If not then Kanu/Campbell can probably do that job as the 4th choice that might come good 
    I know what you mean, but I think there’s an element of keeping our fingers crossed about some of our signings, and I think we’ve had enough of it. 
    The success of our season hinges of what happens of the next few weeks in the transfer arena. 
    We need at least two or three very solid signings now, or we’re going to be hanging around the mid table area again, and that’s not good enough. 
  • Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    They have been around since Jan. Go spend some money!
    The hole you are digging is getting deeper

would you spend money on something you didn't own

Why buy it then?
    The buying process is quite simple

1. you make an offer
    2. it's accepted
    3. contracts are drawn up and signed
    4. completion

until 1-3 is complete, why spend money? I'm not sure what you mean with why buy it then?
  • Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    The hole you are digging is getting deeper

would you spend money on something you didn't own
    And the winner is, the most ridiculous comment on here!
    Fuck me you are on one today aren't you. Posters are responding to your ridiculous comments in a structured and positive way and you are acting like a bit of a dick and yes you are digging away making your comments look even more stupid.

I think Dubai is right, bad night sleep, everything okay hun?
  • So with the new injuries mentioned last night, realistically for Saturday we're looking at a back three of Ness, Hector, Thomas (Mitchell as the only cover on the bench?). Then we have Payne coming in for Fraser at the top of the midfield, and up front it's May starting with either Kirk or Kanu. Not really good enough is it, and not like we didn't know we were short in these areas. All fine to say the window is still open, but the season has started and we have games to play now...
  • Redhenry said:
    Who had 'Redhenry has a complete breakdown on the Rumours thread' on their early season bingo? I think you just won a toaster
    Who has had a breakdown? Not a great comment pal. Some are showing their true colours on here
    Nasty comment
    Take a break
  • Sponsored links:

• Exactly my point, there aren't any :)
  • Redhenry said:
    sam3110 said:
    Redhenry said:
    sam3110 said:
    Redhenry said:
    If u want to use "they've only been here two weeks" then they haven't signed anybody. All the signings were made by Sandgaard, were they?
    Nope, Tayo Edun and Terry Taylor were signed after the takeover was complete

What's your view then, u keep getting your little digs in?
    Not little digs, just facts. Be patient, fuck knows we've had enough shitty owners that do sod all, or come out and make stupid statements that rile up the fan base one way or another, either about Prem in 5 years or about signing players from network clubs or whatever. These guys have barely got their feet under the table and people are just begging for a reason to flip that table in anger already. Coming on here and posting a string of comments about how they haven't bought anyone and how we need a striker (like your the first to think that!) Is completely unnecessary and smacks of a petulant child throwing a tantrum when they don't get shiny new toys every week
    Amusing!

You finally have something to say and it's personal. 
    Hilarious, you ask me what my view is and then because you don't like it claim I'm being personal. I've got plenty to say but you don't want to hear it and it's fine.

Here's some free advice, log off and go breath in some fresh air in the sunshine that's been a rarity recently
  • Redhenry said:
    Havent had control though... and we're two games into the season, how can anyone make serious judgement after then

So you'll have to excuse me for finding your comment funny

Edit: You could make the argument that Sandgaard not selling up sooner when he had plenty of opportunities has been the problem
    Hence my comment, they have time to change this.

Am I the only one worried about the lack of first team players, i think we have been lucky with the academy players filling the gaps.

Yes you are ..
  • edited August 2023
    When I see some names listed on the team sheet, I read 'em and weep thinking we've wound up with the dead man's hand again. Much work still there is to do before the window shuts, hopefully some incoming upgrades on the outgoing misfits.
  • Redhenry said:
    But they never owned the club till few weeks back .. 
  • Where are all these quality players waiting to sign as soon as the takeover is done ?
    Camara, Taylor , Tylo 
  • Tonight must be a massive wake up call, about the gaps in our squad.

Ferryman said:
    Jamaican strikers tend to do ok for us. Fuller & Burton both did a job.
    Lisieux, Euell
  • We're hindered by FFP, can't just load new players on without getting rid.
  • sam3110 said:
    Redhenry said:
    sam3110 said:
    Redhenry said:
    sam3110 said:
    Redhenry said:
    If u want to use "they've only been here two weeks" then they haven't signed anybody. All the signings were made by Sandgaard, were they?
    Nope, Tayo Edun and Terry Taylor were signed after the takeover was complete

What's your view then, u keep getting your little digs in?
    Not little digs, just facts. Be patient, fuck knows we've had enough shitty owners that do sod all, or come out and make stupid statements that rile up the fan base one way or another, either about Prem in 5 years or about signing players from network clubs or whatever. These guys have barely got their feet under the table and people are just begging for a reason to flip that table in anger already. Coming on here and posting a string of comments about how they haven't bought anyone and how we need a striker (like your the first to think that!) Is completely unnecessary and smacks of a petulant child throwing a tantrum when they don't get shiny new toys every week
    Amusing!

You finally have something to say and it's personal. 
    Hilarious, you ask me what my view is and then because you don't like it claim I'm being personal. I've got plenty to say but you don't want to hear it and it's fine.

Here's some free advice, log off and go breath in some fresh air in the sunshine that's been a rarity recently

Dull
  • Redhenry said:
    Exactly my point, there aren't any :)
    Confirms no more signings then, close the thread.