Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Redhenry said:
    They have been around since Jan. Go spend some money!
    Hope they do but they shouldn’t overpay for someone like Nombe just to excite the fans.
  • Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    The likes of Payne, Kirk and McGrandles aren't good enough to be squad players of a promotion winning side. Can't believe anybody thought they were.
    Think that depends how much they play and how fit the main players are. Under Bowyer, other than a really good 3rd CB and maybe one midfielder, the squad really wasn't that strong. Ultimately that cost us automatic promotion but we still squeezed up. Kirk I definitely agree with and I don't think many people disagreed, especially in a 352 but McGrandles and Payne as 6th and 7th choice CM shouldn't really be an obstacle to promotion if the first 5 are good enough. 
    Who in league one has 6th and 7th choice players though? Especially ones on starting 11 wages? Get rid and free up squad/wage space for some quality 
    6 is fine, especially if one is Anderson who isn't going to be on big bucks. You'll want 2 for each in midfield and if Payne is on a good salary, then we should be looking to swap him out because he's not good enough for that amount of money. Problem is it would be probably be a loan out where we'd potentially have to pay some of his salary (not that I think he is). 
  • Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    The likes of Payne, Kirk and McGrandles aren't good enough to be squad players of a promotion winning side. Can't believe anybody thought they were.
    Think that depends how much they play and how fit the main players are. Under Bowyer, other than a really good 3rd CB and maybe one midfielder, the squad really wasn't that strong. Ultimately that cost us automatic promotion but we still squeezed up. Kirk I definitely agree with and I don't think many people disagreed, especially in a 352 but McGrandles and Payne as 6th and 7th choice CM shouldn't really be an obstacle to promotion if the first 5 are good enough. 
    Who in league one has 6th and 7th choice players though? Especially ones on starting 11 wages? Get rid and free up squad/wage space for some quality 
    They're not really 6th or 7th choice though. You have to have 6 CMs if you play a 3 midfielder setup. Two for each role, so Payne isn't 6th choice so much as he's second choice in the attacking midfield role. We saw it last night; Dobson, Anderson and Fraser swapped with McGrandles, Camara and Payne. If we're that high on Anderson then McGrandles might go but we're not sat with a 6th choice Jack Payne kicking his heels, if Fraser gets injured he'll be required to step in. If Dobson is injured it'll be Taylor. If you get rid of Payne you'll have to replace him with another second choice attacking midfielder and I reckon it'll cost a lot more than keeping him, and that money then can't be spent on places where we're actually short like up front and at WB.
    Agree with this. And personally I don't feel having Payne would prevent promotion but that's very heavily reliant on Fraser staying fit and having a great season. Payne is ok, capable of scoring a few goals and works hard, although he's a very different player to Fraser. If we could offload and bring in someone on loan I'd definitely take it. 
  • Redhenry said:
    The hole you are digging is getting deeper

would you spend money on something you didn't own
  • edited August 2023
    Redhenry said:
    They were around in January and then departed again, because Storrie / Spiegel became the favoured takeover

Ahead of the Summer Transfer Window, who was Dean Holden having conversations with over signings.

Was it Steve Gallen, or because SE7 were back on the scene, was Andy Scott involved... I wouldnt be surprised the latter wasn't, as he's only just rejoined the club, another area we've been hamstrung in, because the right people haven't been around prior to the summer - Any deals SE7 have wanted to make, have had to be signed off by Sandgaard, because he was still in defacto charge.

Its been another mess, and one that could have been sorted out, long before the last season ended.

We could have well ended up with Sam Smith (Okay he got injured after signing for Reading), as well as Alfie May, had the takeover been done earlier.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

And the winner is, the most ridiculous comment on here!
  • Here he is! 
  • Investment is needed , but I'd rather have sensible investment in the right players as opposed to some scattergun approach signing anyone we get offered.

I think we'll get there but it might be a slow start. 
  • I'm just dealing with the facts so far. As I said before, I really hope I am wrong. Lots of negatives so far for me. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Bad night sleep Redhenry
    Yes, after another embarrassing night for our Club, unfortunately. 
  • Let's see where we are at, at the end of the window.. Always said millions will not be spent on players. Players that have come in so far, are an upgrade on last year.

We do need more in terms of numbers, and higher standard back up players
  • edited August 2023
    If u want to use "they've only been here two weeks" then they haven't signed anybody. All the signings were made by Sandgaard, were they?
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    If u want to use "they've only been here two weeks" then they haven't signed anybody. All the signings were made by Sandgaard, were they?
    Nope, Tayo Edun and Terry Taylor were signed after the takeover was complete
  • That's alright then :)
  • sam3110 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Nope, Tayo Edun and Terry Taylor were signed after the takeover was complete

What's your view then, u keep getting your little digs in?
  • Redhenry said:
    If they weren't signed off by Sandgaard then the EFL need to investigate us.

They dont like it when people start getting involved in operations until they've given their Approval

Hence why Birmingham have recently received a suspended penalty
  • Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:

Why buy it then?
    So that you DO own it. And then you can start signing the players we need. Not a revolutionary concept, or is it...
  • I was genuinely excited a few weeks ago.
  • How many loan spots do we have left for squad building, surely they will come in ?