Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• edited August 2023
    Croydon said:
    The likes of Payne, Kirk and McGrandles aren't good enough to be squad players of a promotion winning side. Can't believe anybody thought they were.
    Think that depends how much they play and how fit the main players are. Under Bowyer, other than a really good 3rd CB and maybe one midfielder, the squad really wasn't that strong. Ultimately that cost us automatic promotion but we still squeezed up. Kirk I definitely agree with and I don't think many people disagreed, especially in a 352 but McGrandles and Payne as 6th and 7th choice CM shouldn't really be an obstacle to promotion if the first 5 are good enough. 
    Who in league one has 6th and 7th choice players though? Especially ones on starting 11 wages? Get rid and free up squad/wage space for some quality 
  • nagAddick said:

He's not answered the question, it would appear there is something going on.
    Likely to have been told there will be a partnership, but as to what or who or if any players are involved he may not know.
  • I have no idea who we're looking at, but, one things for sure, they need to have had a preseason and be ready to go given our total inability to get and keep players fit. We're a competition down for giving minutes and for some reason never give those needing fitness a run out in the U23's. 

• Tonight must be a massive wake up call, about the gaps in our squad.
    Why you don’t change all 11 players for a league match .. individually fitting into the first team the players can do a job 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Surely if TC is out long term , an attacking piece by Saturday is a must - I'm not as low as a lot of people on Kirk but he's never a central striker. Might have to be a 433 but that doesn't really get the best out of May. 
    Absolutely no way a striker signs, trains and is ready to play by Saturday.
  • Explain why that's a lol pls?
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:
    I can see both sides of this, but ultimately I think we have to delay judgement until the window closes. 
     - Closure of the Transfer Window
     - 10-15 games (depending on your preference) into the season

Should be the first benchmarks on how a season will turn out
  • Don't know how realistic this actually is but 4 in 4 out (excluding young players going on loan) before the close of the window would be nice. Think the outs are pretty obvious but I'd like 2 quality strikers , a creative midfielder and an RWB in. 

Not judging anything until 10-15 games is very fair , enough time to get the likes of Edun,Jones and Taylor fully up to full fitness too. 
  • When the penny drops (see what I did there) and the board realises we are a half finished job, I hope we don’t panic, and bring in a load of dross at the last minute for the sake of it.

My sensible head says we’ve got some quality prem signings coming in at the last minute, both scenarios can’t be right!
  • As no more Carabo Cup that will start the sales now as no need for fringe players as nothing to play them in ! - Egbo , Kirk , McGrandles , DJ , as well as a couple out on Loans - which will make room for another striker and maybe a couple of loans. DH last night gave the squad players a chance to impress him and quite obviously they didnt so he will trim that squad of players that are surplus to his requirements, 
    Can see us going all out for Nbombe now at Exeter. 
  • As no more Carabo Cup that will start the sales now as no need for fringe players as nothing to play them in ! - Egbo , Kirk , McGrandles , DJ , as well as a couple out on Loans - which will make room for another striker and maybe a couple of loans. DH last night gave the squad players a chance to impress him and quite obviously they didnt so he will trim that squad of players that are surplus to his requirements, 
    Can see us going all out for Nbombe now at Exeter. 
    I like your positivity, and hope you’re right!
  • Sponsored links:

• Havent had control though... and we're two games into the season, how can anyone make serious judgement after then

So you'll have to excuse me for finding your comment funny

Edit: You could make the argument that Sandgaard not selling up sooner when he had plenty of opportunities has been the problem
    Hence my comment, they have time to change this.

Am I the only one worried about the lack of first team players, i think we have been lucky with the academy players filling the gaps.

• edited August 2023
    Havent had control though... and we're two games into the season, how can anyone make serious judgement after then

Edit: You could make the argument that Sandgaard not selling up sooner when he had plenty of opportunities has been the problem
    I hope your right, I really do.
    The lack of a significant early investment is a worry for me. They need to go out and buy a striker...
  • edited August 2023
    I think we'd be in a much better place if the takeover had happened a month earlier, 
    I am not sure we would be in much a different position to be honest, though I suppose you could argue with the stability we could have shipped some ‘squad’ players out and replaced them with better ‘squad’ players.

Proof will be in the pudding, but if we are a holding out for someone the quality of Nombe up front (a key player in their current team) and in the other positions we need then the likelihood is that those are the sort of transfer that would happen towards the backend of the window.

• Redhenry said:
    Havent had control though... and we're two games into the season, how can anyone make serious judgement after then

Hence my comment, they have time to change this.

Am I the only one worried about the lack of first team players, i think we have been lucky with the academy players filling the gaps.

I think you are correct. The lack of strikers - we definitely need 2 - will mean low goals scored and and more defending required because the ball doesn’t stick up front - I think by the end of Aug we will be at the lower end of the table unless the striker problem is fixed quickly 
  • Redhenry said:
    Explain why that's a lol pls?
    Because they came in after a large chunk of the window had gone

they've Made good signings so far and also missed out on a couple. They came in behind the game and have done okay. 
  • Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Explain why that's a lol pls?
    Because they've been in place for two weeks

They've had input since the January transfer window
    House buying time

a purchaser can go and measure for new curtains during the purchase but it's very risky to purchase the curtains until the contract has been signed. Unfortunately, someone may have already bought the curtains during that time
  • I think we'd be in a much better place if the takeover had happened a month earlier, 
    And a much worse place if it hadn't happened