Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Swisdom said:
    one of the players I suggested a couple of weeks ago was a Japanese player currently playing in Singapore.  The ACA guys were asked their opinion and said he wouldn’t be good enough.  So they are having a contribution to Proceedings.  
    Was one of the others a striker playing in the Caribbean? 😉
  • Swisdom said:
    one of the players I suggested a couple of weeks ago was a Japanese player currently playing in Singapore.  The ACA guys were asked their opinion and said he wouldn’t be good enough.  So they are having a contribution to Proceedings.  
    Hmm... Singapore clubs can only have four foreign players in their squads... and there are only twelve registered Japanese players who are playing in the S-League this season

Ryoya Taniguchi? - His stats look ridiculous
  • Three little birds did you say
    Is it just me or is that badge claret and blue?
  • As long as we don't have an Exodus ...
    I thought this was a thread about transfers and not badges. I like it despite the colours. Any idea how old it is?
    Is it just me or is that badge claret and blue?
    Just you
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2023
    Let's hope, The Heathen doesn't spend all his time Jammin
  • Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Hmm... Singapore clubs can only have four foreign players in their squads... and there are only twelve registered Japanese players who are playing in the S-League this season

Yes it was him.  Crazy stats and some blockbuster goals. Not the biggest which works against him but I wondered if he might be a cheap punt worth looking into - much like the Jamaican lad. I suppose.  But the club looked into it and provided feedback so that was good of them.

The other player I suggested is wanted by his team (Reims) so not available however I was told he was exactly the sort they are looking for - so positive feedback and if we could have got him last summer when I first sent him to Steve Gallen things could have been different.

the one I sent over the weekend is in a similar mould to the lad at Reims but looks to be about to sign for Bayern Munich so I was too slow to notice him.

back to the drawing board  

Nice that you're actually getting feedback for your efforts at least

Guess if he wasn't already in his 20s, the club may have considered a trial.
  • I thought the criteria for bringing in overseas played worked on a points system that makes it less likely mediocre ones would get work permits here than used to be the case.
  • Talal said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:

Yes it was him.  Crazy stats and some blockbuster goals. Not the biggest which works against him but I wondered if he might be a cheap punt worth looking into - much like the Jamaican lad. I suppose.  But the club looked into it and provided feedback so that was good of them.

The other player I suggested is wanted by his team (Reims) so not available however I was told he was exactly the sort they are looking for - so positive feedback and if we could have got him last summer when I first sent him to Steve Gallen things could have been different.

the one I sent over the weekend is in a similar mould to the lad at Reims but looks to be about to sign for Bayern Munich so I was too slow to notice him.

Surely we can compete with Bayern Munich. They don't even have a pizza trophy to go for. 
    You sure?

Pfft, doesn't even have any ribbons. 
  • Redrobo said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Am I the only one thinking yet another network of mediocre players potentially joining us? 
    Probably.
    I think most consider the players bought in so far to be an upgrade.
    not so much the players brought in so far, i think our business has been pretty good. I mean the likes of a 20+ year olds from Jamaica and the Aussie kid coming in from "network" teams. Tried this before did we not with little to no success and lots of disgruntled fans?
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCDAZ said:
    Redrobo said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Am I the only one thinking yet another network of mediocre players potentially joining us? 
    Probably.
    not so much the players brought in so far, i think our business has been pretty good. I mean the likes of a 20+ year olds from Jamaica and the Aussie kid coming in from "network" teams. Tried this before did we not with little to no success and lots of disgruntled fans?
    I think he is 23 and has played three times for his Country. He is fast, scored a lot of goals and looks a good prospect. Holden makes the decisions so I don’t see a problem. I would rather a young and up and coming player than someone on their way down the leagues.
  • thenewbie said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Redrobo said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Probably.
    Neither of which we have actually signed yet a d even IF both actually do (a very big if) they would be AS WELL AS several well regarded signings from other EFL/Champ teams not INSTEAD OF.

Hardly a network... and we don't know how "mediocre" either would be for that matter.

Both players teams are not even involved with any of our owners. If we are casting the net that far out looking at young tallents it can lnly be a good thing. Our scouting for the last few years seems to have stretched as far as Swindon
  • Oggy Red said:
    Written off by many at the time, but came back to make a surprise appearance.

And of course can work miracles....
  • Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:

Hi mate. Genuinely interested, how do you monitor random players who ply their trade in far flung places ? 
  • edited August 2023
    Tonight‘s line-up has gone a long way to confirming that we still need a right wing back and (no shit) a striker.

Otherwise, feeling pretty comfortable with the general depth of the squad. Being able to make 10 changes and only see “weak” links in Chin and Kanu is definitely not something we’ve had the luxury of in seasons past.