Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Trivante Stewart is a low risk punt and i am here for it
    No thanks. This season's Ronnie Schwartz.

Scores goals in a league so foreign (and worse) than what we play in.

Would rather someone from League 2 or even National League.
    From a very short clip reminds me of Chris Dickson  :o:o:o
  • edited August 2023
    I think Ainsley Maitland-Niles was mentioned on here a while back???

He’s just signed for Lyon
    He has indeed, partial to a cuppa apparently!

https://twitter.com/englishabroad1/status/1688601913225355266?s=46&t=PRgt_6QdRFwhs17CYoSLqw
  • Blackpool like signing our players, having loaned Kirk and then signed Morgan in the summer...

• Same clown that broke this "exclusive". 40 odd followers.....I'd place him firmly in the ignore category.

Fair enough!
  • You have to be willing to look in unexpected places for bargains these days, not least because there appears to be some kind of striker deadlock in our league ATM.  I hope this is indicative of a willingness and ability to do exactly that.

If he's half as good as Ricardo Fuller (whom I thought was a great player), then we should be very interested.

Come and be one of the Reggae Boyz at CAFC, Trivante!
    We could go from deadlocks to dreadlocks
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:
    You have to be willing to look in unexpected places for bargains these days, not least because there appears to be some kind of striker deadlock in our league ATM.  I hope this is indicative of a willingness and ability to do exactly that.

If he's half as good as Ricardo Fuller (whom I thought was a great player), then we should be very interested.

Come and be one of the Reggae Boyz at CAFC, Trivante!
    We could go from deadlocks to dreadlocks
    There could be an Exodus of Jamaican players to SE7. 
  • NabySarr said:
    I wouldn’t be that keen on sending him on loan to a potential promotion rival, rather send him down the league to Cambridge or similar to take points off our rivals. Unless that option to buy is one that is very likely to be triggered by appearances so then it would make sense 
    Echo this, I would only want McGrandles to go to a team that's gonna be fighting this season or just come up, I think he's gonna be quite important in rotating out Dobson and Camara as a sort of like for like and not running their engines too much. He's also a player with a bit of potential still that could break into the side. 

Seems like fake news but I wouldn't be happy with him going to Blackpool 
    I’d be fine with him leaving as I think Taylor does that role rotating for those 2 (plus Anderson for Camara also). I don’t think we need him, but we shouldn’t strengthen a rival unless it’s a permanent deal where we get a fee that we can then use ourselves to strengthen 
  • We, or McGrandles are neither not good enough to avoid loaning to a "promotion" rival. £ = £
  • NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:
    I wouldn’t be that keen on sending him on loan to a potential promotion rival, rather send him down the league to Cambridge or similar to take points off our rivals. Unless that option to buy is one that is very likely to be triggered by appearances so then it would make sense 
    Echo this, I would only want McGrandles to go to a team that's gonna be fighting this season or just come up, I think he's gonna be quite important in rotating out Dobson and Camara as a sort of like for like and not running their engines too much. He's also a player with a bit of potential still that could break into the side. 

I’d be fine with him leaving as I think Taylor does that role rotating for those 2 (plus Anderson for Camara also). I don’t think we need him, but we shouldn’t strengthen a rival unless it’s a permanent deal where we get a fee that we can then use ourselves to strengthen 
    I agree. I like McGrandles but with Dobson, Taylor, Camara and Anderson, I can't see that he plays too much. 
  • Is this driven by ACA football partners?
  • NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:

I agree. I like McGrandles but with Dobson, Taylor, Camara and Anderson, I can't see that he plays too much. 
    With a formation with three CM's, I can see both sides of an argument. Is McGrandles the one we want to sub in, is a fair question.  
  • jams said:
    Is this driven by ACA football partners?
    Maybe they've told Holden and Scott, 'one out before one in'......? 

Just guessing.

• Dazzler21 said:
    NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:

With a formation with three CM's, I can see both sides of an argument. Is McGrandles the one we want to sub in, is a fair question.  
    If McGrandles does go who could we get who is equally good/better AND willing to play second fiddle and be primarily a squad player?

Or do we lose one of our options at CM and use that place for an extra striker/CB/whatever? Holden seems to favour a smaller squad in general.
  • jams said:
    Why would it be, I thought they were a relatively minor player in all of this 
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:

If McGrandles does go who could we get who is equally good/better AND willing to play second fiddle and be primarily a squad player?

Or do we lose one of our options at CM and use that place for an extra striker/CB/whatever? Holden seems to favour a smaller squad in general.
    Dobbo Fraser camara Taylor Anderson Payne 
    thats 6 that can play CM and even could add Mitchell into that if we’re injuries or a loan

For me all of the above are ahead of McGrandles apart from maybe Payne who is a different type of player anyway. 

So happy to move him on if means we get in a striker or wing back 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:

Well I think 4 defensive and box to box plus 2 who can score is the way you want to go. Fraser/Payne are a bit more attacking so you only need 4 others IMO. Anderson's breakthrough probably means McGrandles isn't needed. 
  • sam3110 said:
    jams said:
    Why would it be, I thought they were a relatively minor player in all of this 
    minor players overall almost definitely, but their expertise is still likely to be utilised. 
  • thenewbie said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:

Dobbo Fraser camara Taylor Anderson Payne 
    thats 6 that can play CM and even could add Mitchell into that if we’re injuries or a loan

For me all of the above are ahead of McGrandles apart from maybe Payne who is a different type of player anyway. 

So happy to move him on if means we get in a striker or wing back 
    You can't just sign a loan at any point though.
  • Sorry, I meant are ACA behind the possible signing of the Jamaican lad? Aren't they into cross regional player development ?
  • Dean holden has said he wants a tight squad this season, and i can't see mcgrandles being first choice. So may be up for discussion
  • Accept I'm in the minority, but losing McGrandles would be a mistake. The six mentioned I believe won't cover the 50+ games adequately. Besides we know he has been a top performer in a play off side. There's definitely a player there. Hopefully he performs well this evening.
    But we don’t know what the choices are. Will it mean more money/wages for a better striker, or will he be replaced by a better player?

Calling it a mistake is premature in the extreme. I don’t think you can begin to call that until after the window has shut and we have seen how the squad preform.

• edited August 2023
    jams said:
    Sorry, I meant are ACA behind the possible signing of the Jamaican lad? Aren't they into cross regional player development ?
    They are but I would be very surprised if they have the kind of influence or interest to influence signings like that. They seem more minor partners than that.