Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Redhenry said:
    Fact is they haven't spent anything more than previous poor owners
    Maybe not transfer fees but I would think that the pay levels have been upped a bit for May and Camara at least.
  • Davo55 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Fact is they haven't spent anything more than previous poor owners
    Maybe not transfer fees but I would think that the pay levels have been upped a bit for May and Camara at least.
    And Asiimwe is cheaper than Clare to balance the books.
  • We got knocked out the Energy Drink Trophy. Relax there's still plenty of time for a meltdown at losing in the Pepperoni Trophy too! 
  • edited August 2023
    We're tracking Faris pemi moumbagna 
  • Addick_8 said:
    Not a rumour but Ronan Curtis is still without a club. I'd bring him in on a free, only 27 and I think he is a good player at this level. 
    Decent player but a winger, not really what we need. 
  • MrBurns said:
    Absolute unit. I'm sold!
  • Addick_8 said:
    Not a rumour but Ronan Curtis is still without a club. I'd bring him in on a free, only 27 and I think he is a good player at this level. 
    Definitely 100% better than Scott Fraser though, who had a quiet game against Orient and is therefore bad. The grass is always greener lads!!!!!
  • Redhenry said:
    Havent had control though... and we're two games into the season, how can anyone make serious judgement after then

So you'll have to excuse me for finding your comment funny

Edit: You could make the argument that Sandgaard not selling up sooner when he had plenty of opportunities has been the problem
    I hope your right, I really do.
    The lack of a significant early investment is a worry for me. They need to go out and buy a striker...
    They did get one to their credit, don't know if you noticed but he's in your profile picture 

He's probably started to wonder if he made the right move tbf
  • Sponsored links:

• Addick_8 said:

Coming back from an ACL tear so perhaps a bit of a risk but could be an interesting option even if he doesn't really fit 352
  • Addick_8 said:
    He’s injured for the first half of the season apparently. Rejected a lower wage offer from Pompey so is probably hoping to be fit to join someone in January 
  • Could see us looking at John-Kymani Gordon from Palace this season -  Looks in the JRS mould and sure after last season the loan link with Mark Bright would be strong as we definitely helped JRS develop as a player. 

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Let's see where we are at, at the end of the window.. Always said millions will not be spent on players. Players that have come in so far, are an upgrade on last year.

We do need more in terms of numbers, and higher standard back up players
     Far be it for me to spend other people's money, But the CAFC first team squad has been paper thin for years now. The supporters see it. The owners bat it off. It's always been Jam tomorrow. 
    I said previously that I thought the delay in this takeover gave the new owners an 'out' for why we didn't get business done. But I agree, let's wait and see.

But if at the end of this window we are all still bemoaning a piss poor squad then I think we can safely categorise the 'New regime' in with the old lot.
    But the new regime have to clear out the old lots dead wood.
  • Tonight must be a massive wake up call, about the gaps in our squad.
    Nah just an off night  :#
  • edited August 2023
    MrBurns said:
    A striker who has scored a lot of goals in a Scandinavian league and wears number 29? That can only go well for us!
    Seriously though he looks like he's found a scoring touch at his current club, though he only joined them in January so don't know how likely a move would be
  • Chunes said:
    A few years ago we started the first game of the season with a midfield of Levitt, Oztumer & Vennings. Things could be a lot worse.
    Jeez :)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2023
    Addick_8 said:
    I would say we bloody do mate haha, Campbell injured last night, it just isn't gonna work for Kirk at Charlton which leaves just CBT as our only decent wide attacking option.

Curtis was a player 2 seasons ago, just wonder how much the injury has set him back 
  • Could see us looking at John-Kymani Gordon from Palace this season -  Looks in the JRS mould and sure after last season the loan link with Mark Bright would be strong as we definitely helped JRS develop as a player. 

Big target forward that did okay at Carlisle in League 2 for the second half of last season (bar a sending off ) , could see this being very possible 
  • Addick_8 said:
    I would say we blood do mate haha, Campbell injured last night, it just isn't gonna work for Kirk at Charlton which leaves just CBT as our only decent wide attacking option.

Curtis was a player 2 seasons ago, just wonder how much the injury has set him back 
    Thing is if Holden has his way we aren't playing with wingers 
  • Scrap the Gordon idea he's off to Bradford it seems according to our pal Mr Nixon 
  • At last :)
  • What a weird last few pages, even for this thread 
    This and a lot of the blog/social media reaction to last night