Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• NabySarr said:
    We have 7 first team centre midfield options and we only play 3 at any one time. These are:

Dobson
    Camara
    Fraser
    Anderson
    Taylor
    McGrandles
    Payne

In no way, shape or form are we "down to the bare bones" if Fraser is injured.

There's plenty of real actual issues to complain/worry about, why do people continue to feel the need to manufacture faux drama all the poxy time?
    We have decent options but we don’t have anyone that can do what Fraser does so it’s a big hole. Camara and Anderson aren’t as good passers as Fraser and that’s what we will miss and don’t have a replacement for 
    From the very limited view I've had of both Anderson & Camara I would say they are both very good replacements for Fraser & even a step up. 
  • NabySarr said:
    We have 7 first team centre midfield options and we only play 3 at any one time. These are:

Dobson
    Camara
    Fraser
    Anderson
    Taylor
    McGrandles
    Payne

In no way, shape or form are we "down to the bare bones" if Fraser is injured.

There's plenty of real actual issues to complain/worry about, why do people continue to feel the need to manufacture faux drama all the poxy time?
    We have decent options but we don’t have anyone that can do what Fraser does so it’s a big hole. Camara and Anderson aren’t as good passers as Fraser and that’s what we will miss and don’t have a replacement for 
    From the very limited view I've had of both Anderson & Camara I would say they are both very good replacements for Fraser & even a step up. 
    I’d agree Camara is probably a better player than Fraser, Anderson it’s too early to tell. I was more saying that neither is a similar player to Fraser. In fact they are quite similar to each other, so probably wouldn’t both be picked in an ideal midfield and we will miss Fraser’s passing ability 
  • edited August 2023
    RC_CAFC said:
    I think the hints and murmurs are that we basically are done on incomings until the last week of the window when we will hopefully be busy as things start falling into place for other clubs. While this will not please some, and you always want players in earlier, it is worth it if we get the right people in. 

Generally, I think the only people you get at this stage of the window are the ones that clubs are particularly looking to offload and I don’t think we really want them.
    Agreed and we’ve already got a handful of those in paragraph two on the books 😏.
  • edited August 2023
    RC_CAFC said:
    I think the hints and murmurs are that we basically are done on incomings until the last week of the window when we will hopefully be busy as things start falling into place for other clubs. While this will not please some, and you always want players in earlier, it is worth it if we get the right people in. 

Generally, I think the only people you get at this stage of the window are the ones that clubs are particularly looking to offload and I don’t think we really want them.

Yep - it's hard to shift the players who aren't getting a look in. No reason for us to be jumping on other club's cast offs.

Started to see some major activity in the last 24 hrs in the Premier League (Kane, Caicedo, Paqueta) which you'd expect to trickle down into movement throughout the EFL in the next week or two.

Almost like treating the window as two mini-windows. July 1st to 31st, and the last week of August.
  • It does almost feel like 2 windows , think next week you might start to see the "better" PL loans start to become available assuming no major injuries to senior players in the first weekend. 
  • I reckon it can take some players a couple of weeks to realise they aren't wanted and then they start seeking moves away through agents etc. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Going to make the first unrealistic suggestion of the Premier League season…

Scott Twine on loan from Burnley?
    Going to Hull I think 
  • Going to make the first unrealistic suggestion of the Premier League season…

Harry Kane from B.Munich?
  • edited August 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Going to make the first unrealistic suggestion of the Premier League season…

Harry Kane from B.Munich?
    Come on, Twine only got 5 starts in the Championship last season… I didn’t think it was THAT ridiculous
  • NabySarr said:
    Going to make the first unrealistic suggestion of the Premier League season…

Going to Hull I think 
    Bastards 
    Hull also interested in signing JRS so have a few irons in the fire.
    https://the72.co.uk/2023/08/11/hull-city-boss-confirms-interest-in-premier-league-winger/
  • Bonne signed for Gills.
    Oh no, not another one we've missed out on!

• Lingard or Hazard aboard the Charlton train?  :D
  • Armstrong back on the bench for Harrogate today after being frozen out last week
  • edited August 2023
    17:00 today - Charlton win:

Hysteria GIFs  Tenor
  • 17:00 today Charlton lose:

Hysteria GIFs  Tenor
  • Sponsored links:

• 17:00 today Charlton draw:

Top 30 Bored GIFs  Find the best GIF on Gfycat
  • Hassenhol said:
    Normally I'm just a lurker, but given the lack of rumours I thought I'd share something that is probably nothing!

I was just walking past the ground and saw a young lad in a full Tottenham training kit. Not particularly groundbreaking, but he did seem to be having a back and forth with someone on the phone because he was dropped at the Valley and he was meant to be at the training ground or something along those lines. He was young, black, medium height, with a slight beard - but he turned away before I got a proper look.
    Fair play 
  • edited August 2023
    Nile John on his way back!
  • Welcome back Nile John!
  • Time to start looking through Spurs U21s 😂 , doubt it would be Dane Scarlett. 
  • Nile John on his way back!
    Perfect for our new 2-7-1 formation 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Time to start looking through Spurs U21s 😂 , doubt it would be Dane Scarlett. 
    Don't think so, pretty sure his skin tone was a bit darker.

Like I say, could be nothing, bit of an odd time to go to Sparrows Lane with the team and management away.
  • edited August 2023
    Well on the game so far it's clear we need more work done, though of course that's been the case for a long time.

It's arguably MORE frustrating now because the idea and the potential are clearly there. If we had Leaburn or another target man type, then the long balls would actually stick instead of being perpetually cycled back at us. If we had proper cover for Fraser then maybe May would get more service to get past defences and break the offside trap successfully.

As it is though we are looking at a lot of luck if we are going to be more than also-rans.

It's very clear what needs to be done but as always it's action not words needed....