Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Owners need to pull their bloody finger out
  • MrBurns said:
    Owners need to pull their bloody finger out
    Dramatically put, but not far wrong.
  • Scoham said:
    The defeat today wasn’t due to the tactics, formation or a lack of effort - what’s clear is the squad lacks the quality we need.

Nothings changed from what we already knew - we need a couple of strikers plus strengthening in general across the squad to give us a stronger starting 11 and players who can change a game from the bench.

We’ve spent enough of the last decade or so to know where this squad currently is. Let’s hope the ownership and their management team understand too and we see the actions not words, as they said after the takeover completed.
    Scoham said:
    The defeat today wasn’t due to the tactics, formation or a lack of effort - what’s clear is the squad lacks the quality we need.

Nothings changed from what we already knew - we need a couple of strikers plus strengthening in general across the squad to give us a stronger starting 11 and players who can change a game from the bench.

We’ve spent enough of the last decade or so to know where this squad currently is. Let’s hope the ownership and their management team understand too and we see the actions not words, as they said after the takeover completed.
    Spot on.
  • MrBurns said:

I would suggest the area we struggle most is a partner for May. A big strong player is needed who can hold it up, flick it on and support May whilst scoring themselves.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    MrBurns said:

I would suggest the area we struggle most is a partner for May. A big strong player is needed who can hold it up, flick it on and support May whilst scoring themselves.
    100%
  • Strong target man to compete with Leaburn for partnership with May plus a RB/WB to replace Egbo who Asiimwe can learn from are what we need most of all IMO. 
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:
    ValleyBen said:
    Strong target man to compete with Leaburn for partnership with May plus a RB/WB to replace Egbo who Asiimwe can learn from are what we need most of all IMO. 
    We need strength in every position if we really want to get promoted 
    Agreed but those two are the main priorities in my opinion, as May is shackled without a decent partner and Asiimwe like Anderson looks to have the raw ability to become a first team regular this season but is not ready yet to be starting back to back league matches. 
  • If that line up us out best 11 barring Hector, Fraser and Leaburn we are seriously short. Payne must have rubber boots as he can't fucking control the ball for toffee, just bounces off of him constantly. 
  • ValleyBen said:
    wmcf123 said:
    ValleyBen said:
    Strong target man to compete with Leaburn for partnership with May plus a RB/WB to replace Egbo who Asiimwe can learn from are what we need most of all IMO. 
    Agreed but those two are the main priorities in my opinion, as May is shackled without a decent partner and Asiimwe like Anderson looks to have the raw ability to become a first team regular this season but is not ready yet to be starting back to back league matches. 
    The last time we went up, most of our team were championship quality players.  Not many of this lot are . 
  • wmcf123 said:
    ValleyBen said:
    wmcf123 said:
    ValleyBen said:
    The last time we went up, most of our team were championship quality players.  Not many of this lot are . 
    We are also playing in a much weaker league then that period, we need more quality signings but 3 or 4 of the quality of May/Camara/Edun and I think we are top six, a few more if we want to compete for the title. 
  • We have a great bellwether of what it takes to get promoted from this division. 18/19 wasn’t too long ago and our squad realistically is absolutely nowhere near as good. In that side almost every player was capable of and went on to play at a higher level. 

Keeper: Phillips
    Defence: Dijksteel, Pearce, Bauer, Sarr, Purrington
    Midfield: Pratley, Cullen, Williams, Aribo, Bielik
    Forwards: Taylor, Grant, Parker

Who out of our current squad gets in that 18/19 team?

Dobson for Pratley possibly. May for Parker and can arguably compete with Grant.

Honestly I can’t think of another player who even comes close.

Sobering comparison. We’re currently miles off.
    So true. The level of the division has not changed much. We are way off promotion level.
  • Sponsored links:

• I still think 4 quality additions will do it. If we bring in a quality CB, wing back, CM and ST then we’ll be in the top 6 and be in with a shout of 2nd behind Bolton. A couple extra would be nice but would be quite a task to see that much overhaul in one window 
  • Owen Moxon not in the Carlisle squad but apparently " injured" , possibly too similar to Taylor now to be a target though. 
  • NabySarr said:
    I still think 4 quality additions will do it. If we bring in a quality CB, wing back, CM and ST then we’ll be in the top 6 and be in with a shout of 2nd behind Bolton. A couple extra would be nice but would be quite a task to see that much overhaul in one window 
    There’s players out there that would definitely improve us. The big question is will the new owners pay what’s needed to get….

RB - Junior Tchamadeu
    CM - Owen Moxon
    ST - Sam Nombe 
  • NabySarr said:
    I still think 4 quality additions will do it. If we bring in a quality CB, wing back, CM and ST then we’ll be in the top 6 and be in with a shout of 2nd behind Bolton. A couple extra would be nice but would be quite a task to see that much overhaul in one window 
    There’s players out there that would definitely improve us. The big question is will the new owners pay what’s needed to get….

RB - Junior Tchamadeu
    CM - Owen Moxon
    ST - Sam Nombe 
    Would be amazing but I can’t see 3 significant fees being spent. Maybe 1 or 2 at most. Will probably see a PL loan or 2 to fill a couple of the gaps. 

I’m hoping Scott will be on the phone to Ipswich this week and we go all out for Ladapo whether it be loan or permanent 
  • NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:

RB - Junior Tchamadeu
    CM - Owen Moxon
    ST - Sam Nombe 
    Would be amazing but I can’t see 3 significant fees being spent. Maybe 1 or 2 at most. Will probably see a PL loan or 2 to fill a couple of the gaps. 

I’m hoping Scott will be on the phone to Ipswich this week and we go all out for Ladapo whether it be loan or permanent 

I expect a striker for a fee and potentially a fee on a CB , midfield I think will be one of the PL loans - shame we couldn't get Jenson Weir. 
  • For me the new owners would be crazy not to go for it this year bearing in mind…

a) This is the weakest league one for years

b) Our best two players Dobson & CBT are likely to leave for free in the summer if we don’t go up (making the rebuild required next summer even bigger / more costly)
  • MarcusH26 said:
    NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:

RB - Junior Tchamadeu
    CM - Owen Moxon
    ST - Sam Nombe 

I expect a striker for a fee and potentially a fee on a CB , midfield I think will be one of the PL loans - shame we couldn't get Jenson Weir. 
    Yep I agree I can see us spending on a striker and the CM I think will be a PL loan. There must be a technically good creative and/or goalscoring midfielder in a Prem academy for us somewhere. 

CB I think might be loan if there is a good left footed one about as they are tough/expensive to buy permanently. Wanted us to sign Crichlow who played against us today as knew we’d be crying out for a left footed CB. 
  • Southbank said:
    We have a great bellwether of what it takes to get promoted from this division. 18/19 wasn’t too long ago and our squad realistically is absolutely nowhere near as good. In that side almost every player was capable of and went on to play at a higher level. 

Keeper: Phillips
    Defence: Dijksteel, Pearce, Bauer, Sarr, Purrington
    Midfield: Pratley, Cullen, Williams, Aribo, Bielik
    Forwards: Taylor, Grant, Parker

Who out of our current squad gets in that 18/19 team?

Dobson for Pratley possibly. May for Parker and can arguably compete with Grant.

Honestly I can’t think of another player who even comes close.

Sobering comparison. We’re currently miles off.
    So true. The level of the division has not changed much. We are way off promotion level.
    Our squad isn't as good but I also think the league is weaker now than it was then