Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• NabySarr said:
    Sage said:
    Probably not on our radar, but think that Mo Eisa would be a good option still. Double figures in most seasons including a relegated MK last season. Already 2 in 2 this season. Think he’d be a good alternative to May.

May, Cosgrove, Leaburn, Eisa, and Aneke is strong. Maybe not realistic as that would be hard to keep everyone happy, but thought I would put it out there as I know it’s been discussed on here in previous windows.
    Not sure about eisa but if we go for a league 2 striker as a back up/squad option, I would offer Kanu for the season as part of the deal
    Not sure many league 2 teams would be happy with Kanu, definitely not MK Dons. If he goes out on loan it will be non-league 

If Kanu goes out on loan, it has to be a league 2 minimum..🤷‍♂️ we need him to be tested at that level...
    I’m not sure he’s ready. What if he goes to league 2 and doesn’t do particularly well? Not good for his development if he’s sat around for months not playing 
  • A good influence? How to be a spineless twat and take a turd on your team? Rather he was kept away from Solly. 
  • Sage said:
    NabySarr said:
    Sage said:
    Probably not on our radar, but think that Mo Eisa would be a good option still. Double figures in most seasons including a relegated MK last season. Already 2 in 2 this season. Think he’d be a good alternative to May.

May, Cosgrove, Leaburn, Eisa, and Aneke is strong. Maybe not realistic as that would be hard to keep everyone happy, but thought I would put it out there as I know it’s been discussed on here in previous windows.
    Not sure about eisa but if we go for a league 2 striker as a back up/squad option, I would offer Kanu for the season as part of the deal
    Not sure many league 2 teams would be happy with Kanu, definitely not MK Dons. If he goes out on loan it will be non-league 

If Kanu goes out on loan, it has to be a league 2 minimum..🤷‍♂️ we need him to be tested at that level...
    I’m not sure he’s ready. What if he goes to league 2 and doesn’t do particularly well? Not good for his development if he’s sat around for months not playing 
    I agree, I don’t yet think Kanu is good enough for League Two. He needs a solid non-league loan.

Keep it local, somewhere like Ebbsfleet where he can play alongside Dominic Poleon, learn from hI’m, and have Chris Solly around for good influence too.
    Definitely and can still train with us and play a bit of U21s too. Even though I don’t think he’s ready, we can’t afford for him to go anyway at the moment 
  • edited August 2023
    Goal scorer can do sweet FA and then score. I would rather keep Kanu on the Bench especially at home and see if he can get a tap in as we try desperately to get an equaliser from 70 minutes or so; or the winner👏
    Kanu has 2 goals already and until we have 3 or 4 better strikers he stays. I refuse to give up on him. 
  • I think Cosgrove is a serious option but I’m confident we’ve also other irons in the fire. 
    I can't believe we haven't but we need to pull one of them out of the fire pretty quickly. Apart from lost points, we know what can happen when you are trying to sign a player at the closing point of the window. Well it often happens to us so we should.
    We have three weeks to get the players we want , that may mean waiting until the club in question  sign their target first .. we wait to get the right player not just sign someone to please the fans who won’t play once Leaburn and Aneke come back 
  • No premiership club will release any of their u23's with a bright future until the third week in August once they have got all of their squads together. We now need to be pitching hard to bring these players to the club, and we do have some good case studies to present to them, Cullen, JRS, Gallagher. 
    What could be of a disadvantage to us is that can we guarantee the parent club that we would play him every week ? With Leaburn and May surely they would be first choice front two.
    Or if the player is good enough we adapt the formation to play all three. Maybe play Leaburn on the right for instance. We do need cover and the player we bring in has to be potentially more than a reserve.
  • Sponsored links:

• A good influence? How to be a spineless twat and take a turd on your team? Rather he was kept away from Solly. 
    Wow
    Pulled the exact same nonsense as Taylor, deserves just as much respect. 
  • On the subject of JCH, it's interesting that I've seen a fair few people say he wouldn't be worth it, my cousin included.

I thought he was really decent and would have tremendously upgraded us. He kept hold of the ball, had 3 decent chances (one just hitting the post) and he brought their wingers into the game multiple times with his runs. 

Not saying he is a fantastic player by any stretch but another day he bags a brace, I think it's credit to our defence we nullified him. Most of our issues came from the wings which is expected when our wingbacks are playing attacking football. 

Also think in general Boros team was full of quality, in particular their centre halves, Archie Collins, Joel Randall and the two wingers. They're gonna hammer a team this season, some of their deliveries from open play were very clean.

So on that note can we just go and poach Peterboroughs recruitment team? They seem to have a real eye for a player and can't imagine their budget is any better than ours 

Honestly think we should be doing something like this - would likely be the best money we spend. Their team yesterday were all 20-23 except one of the CBs who was 24 and JCH. They certainly know how to spot a player.
    Wow
    Pulled the exact same nonsense as Taylor, deserves just as much respect. 
    Crap
  • edited August 2023
    Okay it's that time again.

Apparently we are trying to sign Dion Charles from Bolton

Source: me making shit up as I'm bored with the Solly/Taylor chat
  • Sage said:
    Finally it’s nice to see people seeing how far off we are without some being labelled as negative.

Definitely need another centre back, wing back, winger as CBT won’t last all season, 2 strikers and probably an attacking midfielder.

Lots of work to do before the window shuts. I’m not currently convinced the new owner’s understand the scale of work needed to get us where we want to be.
    I'm not sure that the new owners will be aware of very much at the moment other than what methven is telling them.
  • I've heard we're considering Lyle Taylor. Source: me making shit up as I'm bored of the Dion Charles rumour 
  • Talal said:
    I look forward to reading the next couple of pages about whether what Chris Solly did was the same as Taylor. Can't wait. 

If a poster calls Chris Solly a turd we just let it go.

Bowyer was sympathetic to Taylor the other night yet throws Solly under the bus.

If anyone has a rumour just post it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tariq Fosu Henry still looking for a club?
  • Chris Solly played 301 league games for Charlton over 11 Seasons and at least 6 of those seasons his knee was giving him issues.
    In his last season he only played 14 games and wasn't in Lee Bowyer's plans.

Chris Solly had his own training plan for many seasons where he would exercise on a stationary bike or in a pool. He took part with the other players but only on a limited amount of days a week.
    Because of COVID it was uncertain when the season would start up again and I was led to believe that Solly was giving his knee a rest and this led to his decision to opt out of the remainder of the season.
    Solly didn't sign for Ebbsfleet until 11 December and found that standard a lot easier.
    36 and 38 league games followed over the next two seasons.

I want to remember Chris Solly for his 301 games for Cafc not when he had already fallen out with Lee Bowyer. A top championship RB at his best who had to overcome many fitness issues to reach that milestone.

I would like to remember that as well but he refused to make himself available after covid just like Taylor.

they should both be tarred with the same brush. We can't and shouldn't forgive one because he played 300 games and not forgive Taylor for the exact same thing
  • LTKapal said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Didn't someone mention just before the takeover that there had been an enquiry for Dion Charles but Bolton were wanting millions and Charles has always been northern based? 
    Yes me, for the sake of transparency of my source, it was dion directly. my girlfriend is Dions best mate from school they still talk a lot, that’s where I got the info. Didn’t advance past enquiry and this was pre may signing.

I’ll get an update but I’m 99% sure wherever this sudden Charles thing has come from there’s nothing in it
    Thanks! 
    Yeah I'm 99% sure it's just people throwing around alternative names to Nombe/JCH 
  • redbuttle said:
    Signing one striker isn’t the answer we need at least two. A permanent and maybe a prem loan. 
    One at a time.
    Problem with Prem loans is the parent club will expect them to play if fit. Fine if they're good enough but it doesn't always work out that way(I know Jacko didn't play the tottenham kid so presume he never wanted him & somebody else signed him)
  • Leuth said:
    I've heard we're considering Lyle Taylor. Source: me making shit up as I'm bored of the Dion Charles rumour 
    Rude. Fair. But rude.
  • thenewbie said:
    Okay it's that time again.

Apparently we are trying to sign Dion Charles from Bolton

Source: me making shit up as I'm bored with the Solly/Taylor chat
    Scandalous, how very dare you;)
  • Get Cosgrove in - will be happy with that personally. Knows the league, physical presence we desperately need.

He doesn’t have to be a 20 goal man himself if he can help May and Leaburn on their way to 15-20 each.
    Absolutely this. I’m surprised with the amount of people turning their nose up. He’s not going to get 20+ goals but that’s the job of the man next to him. 

Top league 1 strikers go to the next level. Pretty much everyone is a bit of a gamble. At least with someone like Cosgrove you’re getting something other than just goals.