Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Just hope we get 4 Rak-Sakyi's in on loan then...
  • Lessons in life eh?  Do not buy a pile of shit, realise it's a pile of shit, then expect anyone else to be as stupid as you to overpay for a pile of shit...

x that by at least two in our case.
    Unfortunately they didn't, we'll be recovering from TS for a while yet. Whether that's players or contracts with suppliers. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    If we are waiting for outgoings, how much we gonna raise from that, 2 bob?
    Surely more about getting a couple of wages off the book than transfer fees?

Exactly what i meant, we won't get those wages covered, as for transfer fees, that's lala land...
    I don't think we will, who is going to pay Kirk 7k a week. 
     So are the ownership willing to take the hit?

They did their due diligence. They've been around since christmas. They knew the score when they took over. There was a high likelihood that they would struggle to get the unwanted off the books. Due diligence would have told them that.

To make a success of this, they are going to have to take a hit to get where they claim they want this club to be.
    If they aren't willing to do that, and are hoping to do this on the cheap they they will go down in the same category of our last few owners.

But that's exactly what they (Scott) did. MacGillivray, Lavelle, DJ and Kirk were all shipped out in Jan. The difference is that they managed all that towards the end of the window, it's probably going to be the same now but unfortunately that doesn't help us at all. 
    Sadly, Scott shipped out the deadwood, signed more rotten deadwood to replace them and subsequently, let most of the original deadwood drift back in again.

Brilliant!

But all deals still had to be agreed by TS as he was the owner no matter what Scott and Gallen wanted 
  • edited August 2023
    I hope you're right @RonnieMoore
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Redhenry said:
    That's worrying, squad is well short
    I think they was hoping to have a few of them players off the books by now.. As the get closer to the deadline I think they will go. 

I think we might have another player in next week, which won't have a big impact on FFP. (premier league loan)

Camara loan, we are paying full salary, I understand, and a small loan fee!
    I had a chat with one of the SMT today, he pretty much confirmed this. I estimate between 17/20k a week in wages they want to move on, without doing that we are in a bit of a stalemate as from an FFP perspective, we could end up under a 12 month embargo if we just start signing players and not shifting these on.
    This makes perfect sense. I know that there is a big difference between us and Chelsea but people have been asking if they have breached FFP rules with their signings but according to Simon Jordan, they have achieved a level playing field with their outgoings. How fourth tier players at our club collectively achieve between 17 and 20k a week though  is beyond me. 
  • that was an estimate, going off of this https://salarysport.com/football/league-one/charlton-athletic/

kirk - 5,400
    Payne - 5,100
    McGambles - 4,400
    DJ - 2,400
    Egbo - 1,900

none of those seem to be in favour and Payne and Kirk are quite honestly taking the piss and robbing a living if there earning that. Personally think these are the most likely suspects to be shipped out.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCDAZ said:
    that was an estimate, going off of this https://salarysport.com/football/league-one/charlton-athletic/

kirk - 5,400
    Payne - 5,100
    McGambles - 4,400
    DJ - 2,400
    Egbo - 1,900

none of those seem to be in favour and Payne and Kirk are quite honestly taking the piss and robbing a living if there earning that. Personally think these are the most likely suspects to be shipped out.
    If those are right then Egbo needs to sack his agent. 
  • It would have been better if the new owners had only paid Sandgaard say £5m and put the other £5m into the club for transfer fees & wages. Instead they paid him c£10m for a loss making club that he himself only paid c£1.5m.....and now dont have any money to strengthen the team. 

The only way they are going to get a return on their money is if we get promoted. This current squad is not good enough for top 6.

And these are guys that are supposedly millionaires who are canny with business decisions. 
    These have money don’t worry about that … 600,000 for the Exeter lad 
    I thought someone on here spoke to CM and he said they would not pay more than £800,000
  • RedChaser s :o aid:
    Redhenry said:
    Who did you have in mind  @charltonbob and @bobmunro , I think they’re getting on a bit these days 😉
    Oi cheeky bugger  :o 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Surely more about getting a couple of wages off the book than transfer fees?

Exactly what i meant, we won't get those wages covered, as for transfer fees, that's lala land...
    I don't think we will, who is going to pay Kirk 7k a week. 
     So are the ownership willing to take the hit?

They did their due diligence. They've been around since christmas. They knew the score when they took over. There was a high likelihood that they would struggle to get the unwanted off the books. Due diligence would have told them that.

To make a success of this, they are going to have to take a hit to get where they claim they want this club to be.
    If they aren't willing to do that, and are hoping to do this on the cheap they they will go down in the same category of our last few owners.

But that's exactly what they (Scott) did. MacGillivray, Lavelle, DJ and Kirk were all shipped out in Jan. The difference is that they managed all that towards the end of the window, it's probably going to be the same now but unfortunately that doesn't help us at all. 

But not permanently, other than the keeper, and we probably still paid some of their wages anyway
  • ross1 said:
    It would have been better if the new owners had only paid Sandgaard say £5m and put the other £5m into the club for transfer fees & wages. Instead they paid him c£10m for a loss making club that he himself only paid c£1.5m.....and now dont have any money to strengthen the team. 

The only way they are going to get a return on their money is if we get promoted. This current squad is not good enough for top 6.

And these are guys that are supposedly millionaires who are canny with business decisions. 
    These have money don’t worry about that … 600,000 for the Exeter lad 
    I thought someone on here spoke to CM and he said they would not pay more than £800,000
    🤔
  • Hopefully a win in a few hours will lift everyones mood but cannot lie a lot of my excitement for the new investors is draining away if we truly are at their spending limit already, especially when it seems accepted that they did not even think we needed May in this squad.

Just feels like a missed opportunity to have a real go a giving us a promotion squad in the weakest third tier in years and a bumper new TV deal that is going to grow a financial gap between the Championship & League 1 from next season.
  • RedChaser s :o aid:
    Redhenry said:
    Who did you have in mind  @charltonbob and @bobmunro , I think they’re getting on a bit these days 😉
    I thought that initially, then reflected on the fact that he does have a point!
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:
    RedChaser s :o aid:
    Redhenry said:
    I thought that initially, then reflected on the fact that he does have a point!
    To be fair I’m no spring chicken either and retirement comes highly recommended Bob 😉
  • Definitely getting concerned that as we need to move players on before we sign anyone that it’s really going to hamstring us. We’re really lumbered with players that we can’t shift. Little chance of DJ moving because of his injury. Kirk isn’t even wanted by Crewe where he arguably had his best spell. Burton obviously not impressed either. Manny looks most easy to shift but there no stampede there either. If we havnt see a couple go by this time next week then I’ll be very worried.
  • Uboat said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    that was an estimate, going off of this https://salarysport.com/football/league-one/charlton-athletic/

kirk - 5,400
    Payne - 5,100
    McGambles - 4,400
    DJ - 2,400
    Egbo - 1,900

If those are right then Egbo needs to sack his agent. 
    Egbo has a poor injury record and he's been injured 80% of his time with us as well so not too surprised.

Paying over £546k a year for Payne and Kirk to warm the bench plus whatever is Aneke is on is crippling us
  • Goes to the point made that the budget was clearly there, just appallingly spent 
  • ValleyBen said:
    Hopefully a win in a few hours will lift everyones mood but cannot lie a lot of my excitement for the new investors is draining away if we truly are at their spending limit already, especially when it seems accepted that they did not even think we needed May in this squad.

Just feels like a missed opportunity to have a real go a giving us a promotion squad in the weakest third tier in years and a bumper new TV deal that is going to grow a financial gap between the Championship & League 1 from next season.
    All my knowledge is from reading Charlton life, apologies if I am wrong but aren't we at the efl's spending limit, not the new owners spending limit?

again, from reading on here, we get rid of Kirk, dj and Payne and we free up £15k a week on wages
  • Rothko said:
    Goes to the point made that the budget was clearly there, just appallingly spent 
    I am friends with another EFL club Chairman - and he has shared that we have definitely been floating around top 3-6 place budget, but as you say a catalogue of stupid decisions has led to us foundering despite said investment. A case of Computer said fcuk you and our unqualified recruiter asked for the same abuse for 2.5 seasons.
  • CAFCDAZ said:

kirk - 5,400
    Payne - 5,100
    McGambles - 4,400
    DJ - 2,400
    Egbo - 1,900

Salary Sport is known in the sports and entertainment industry as a total load of guff so I wouldn’t trust that.

I mean a website where every players personal salary is published for the world to see? Also known as finger in the air guesswork.
  • It would have been better if the new owners had only paid Sandgaard say £5m and put the other £5m into the club for transfer fees & wages. Instead they paid him c£10m for a loss making club that he himself only paid c£1.5m.....and now dont have any money to strengthen the team. 

They are not going to make money by just getting promoted. Championship clubs lose much more annually than League 1 teams. They will have to sell to a new owner once promoted, an owner who fancies a budget free crack at the Premiership. That’s the only way to make any money. Remember, according to the Texas sales doc the Americans have been told they don’t need to throw money at this, the club just needs to be run properly. Thing is a lot of the recently promoted League One teams have had cash behind them (Ipswich, Wigan). Let’s not kid ourselves, this lot are not going to spend big and our only hope this season is Holden will perform miracles, we have zero injuries and Chuks plays 30 games, yep, it’s a long shot.
  • As said above any FFP argument coming out of Methven or other owners is simply a lie.
    Owners can pump as much equity in as they want, just not loans.
    Spending £12M to buy us seemed massively over the odds to me and mean I could only assume deep pockets to genuinely blow this division away. If we at 3 weeks in and a couple of half decent players recruited are already at maximum budget allocated and needed t shift players out it all seems extreme odd to me.
    The only way to make money is get to the PL, if you don't have the budget to sail through L1 (see Ipswich) then you have a miniscule chance (Luton the only ones who have bucked the trend for years).