Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• MrBurns said:
    This squad will take years to sort out
    Unfortunately I think I agree..dont want to be but it seems much much work to do
  • Yes, let's bring in Sessengon, a player with no preseason and fitness issues for our medical department to get fit to be our first choice RB and link up with Hector, Ness and Thomas from last seasons defence. 

Hopefully that'll see some major improvements at the back. 

🙃
    Valid points made here, that many fans will not like to read!
  • WHAddick said:
    MrBurns said:
    This squad will take years to sort out
    Unfortunately I think I agree..dont want to be but it seems much much work to do
    You don't have years in league one as any food players you have will want to make the move up. You think if we are still fucking about in league one next season players like Dobbo, CBT, Leaburn are gonna wanna stay? 
  • I was kinda looking forward to this Jamaican striker, bit of an unknown compared to the usual journeyman clogger we usually end up with. 
  • edited August 2023
    mendonca said:
    Very good interview with Andy Scott.. Clearly looking to go toe to toe with championship clubs for the players we want. 
    "Let's hope it doesn't turn into an excuse."

- I think it already has and he's just getting it out there early. Once again it's all talk and no action 
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder if there’s anything in Sam Nombe being on the bench against Portsmouth?

• I’m with curbs get a striker in now…before May gets injured - let’s then get all strikers back for later in the years and give the manager a nightmare of who to leave out we’ve never been in this position why is it always the striker position where we have the bare minimum 
  • Valley11 said:
    I wonder if there’s anything in Sam Nombe being on the bench against Portsmouth?

Unfortunately I don’t think there is much in this other than just resting him for the first half 
  • Bilko said:
    I’m worried that playing May upfront by himself will ruin his confidence.
    Or his Hamstrings 
  • He says we’re talking to players and to clubs, trying to bring in players as soon as possible but we have competition for signatures from clubs in the league above.
    The danger is that you end up like Spurs in previous summers, where they've tried to bring in top top players (getting all their fans excited), failed and ended up panic buying average ones for too much money.

Can we really compete against Championship clubs, who can surely offer more money?
  • Very good interview with Andy Scott.. Clearly looking to go toe to toe with championship clubs for the players we want. 
    And come 11pm on Sept 1st we'll get the usual " just couldn't get xxx over the line".

It's great to be ambitious but I'd rather be realistic & bring in players who want to be here.....not wait for some Billy Big Bollox who's spent 2 months waiting for Leicester or Southampton to sign him.  
  • We wasted a summer with TS chasing Championship quality players. Iirc we signed McGrandles to huge fanfare of "worth £600K, Championship teams wanted him etc and a bunch of last second panic buya to try to make a squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:
    Very good interview with Andy Scott.. Clearly looking to go toe to toe with championship clubs for the players we want. 
    Let's hope it doesn't turn into an excuse.
     As I've said previously, if you're chasing championship quality players & you're competing with championship clubs for these players don't feign surprise when they sign for the championship clubs. We've been through this charade before with sandgaard.
  • Bare minimum at this stage is a right back / right wing back and a striker.

It sounds like we're trying to get more than just that through the door, but if the players won't come then those are the two positions I'd expect us to fill in the last couple of days of the window.
  • It would have been better if the new owners had only paid Sandgaard say £5m and put the other £5m into the club for transfer fees & wages. Instead they paid him c£10m for a loss making club that he himself only paid c£1.5m.....and now dont have any money to strengthen the team. 

The only way they are going to get a return on their money is if we get promoted. This current squad is not good enough for top 6.

And these are guys that are supposedly millionaires who are canny with business decisions. 
    These have money don’t worry about that … 600,000 for the Exeter lad 
    What salary did they offer? I am sure you know.
  • RedChaser said:
    bobmunro said:
    RedChaser s :o aid:
    Redhenry said:
    If we are waiting for outgoings, how much we gonna raise from that, 2 bob?
    Who did you have in mind  @charltonbob and @bobmunro , I think they’re getting on a bit these days 😉
    Oi cheeky bugger  :o 
    I thought that initially, then reflected on the fact that he does have a point!
    To be fair I’m no spring chicken either and retirement comes highly recommended Bob 😉
    Correct on both counts darling.
  • sam3110 said:
    I hope that means someone is lined up and that someone is Sessegnon or of that quality 
    Bringing players back for a second spell.  Our recruitment policy is lacking.
  • edited August 2023
    He says we’re talking to players and to clubs, trying to bring in players as soon as possible but we have competition for signatures from clubs in the league above.
    Players in the championship no less according to AS.

Henry and Elfs.
    Lovely couple xx
    Harsh but fair, 
  • edited August 2023
    Bucket hats are a good fit :)