Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• mendonca said:
    When do we start saying that when Leaburn and Aneke return, it will be like having two new players. 
    Leaburn back training next week
    Aneke couple of weeks later 
    Aneke tomorrow  - tomorrow never comes.
  • Ferryman said:
    mendonca said:
    When do we start saying that when Leaburn and Aneke return, it will be like having two new players. 
    Tomorrow always comes with Aneke.
    It's the day after you have to worry about!
  • Ferryman said:
    mendonca said:
    I’m betting that he has a breakdown before he is fit enough to be considered for a bench place.
  • Ferryman said:
    Stewart is 23, 24 in March, according to that reliable source transfermarkt so don't expect he'll be for the U21s.
    Wiki say Stewart with us, but another report he's gone to an Italian club.
    Wiki is a shit source, anyone can change it to say anything. If I were you I'd believe the Italian football journalist that's saying he's going to an Italian football team
  • Ferryman said:
    mendonca said:
    I’m betting that he has a breakdown before he is fit enough to be considered for a bench place.
    very very short odds on that one
  • Sess is a tough one because I can see both schools of thought in terms of what you offer him as a deal. Almost think 1 + a club option if he plays X number of games would be the best idea. 
  • edited August 2023
    I worry it's going to take a long while to untangle ourselves from Sandgaard & Son's famous 'football is easy' transfer policy. We're in the nightmare situation of having sub-par players locked in on high wages and long-term contracts. It's unlikely that clubs are going to take them off our hands entirely, which means they either stay on our books or at least part of their costs do, and next Summer they'll be back through the door at the training ground and we have to repeat the whole process again. 

But the new owners surely knew all this, and they must have a plan. 
  • Dabo has been training I was told last eve. 
    and again if we sign him he's not had a pre season so we won't see him for a month at least.
    Depends how long he been training with us and playing practice games.. 
  • Dabo has been training I was told last eve. 
    and again if we sign him he's not had a pre season so we won't see him for a month at least.
    Depends how long he been training with us and playing practice games.. 

• Sponsored links:

• Ferryman said:
    Stewart is 23, 24 in March, according to that reliable source transfermarkt so don't expect he'll be for the U21s.
    Wiki say Stewart with us, but another report he's gone to an Italian club.
    Joined a team in top division in Italy 
  • mendonca said:
    October.
  • CafcSCP said:
    Kirk and McGrandles on the bench last night out of necessity. No surprise that they were unused.
    I wonder if we are delaying their moves while we get a couple back, or a new signing.

No because we need players of the wage bill
    First to avoid possible FFP complications 

Easy to avoid FFP indiscretion - owners just put money in. I mean, they spent £10m when everyone knows the club without the assets is almost worthless so they must have money to burn. 
  • He says we’re talking to players and to clubs, trying to bring in players as soon as possible but we have competition for signatures from clubs in the league above.
    Players in the championship no less according to AS.

Jones and Payne
  • sam3110 said:
    Sess was nowhere near as crocked as many of the posts on here make out 
    Certainly once he was over his initial injury at the start of the season

Steven Sessegnon - Detailed stats | Transfermarkt

Was in the match day squad, just two League games less than Ryan Inniss last year.

If he's properly rotated with Asiimwe there shouldn't be an issue
  • sam3110 said:
    Very unsurprised at that, like I said after the Aberdeen friendly when he didn't get on at all, he just sat on a chair by the bench and stared off into the distance for a good couple of minutes, probably at that point he had decided he wanted to move on.
    I think Garner's been sniffing for a while.
  • iaitch said:
    wmcf123 said:
    So someone earlier claimed the SMT are trying to shift £20k of salary a week before we can add to the squad. Probs £17k now Egbo has gone. That’s a lot of players to realise that. It would be all of Payne, Kirk, DJ (injured so won’t happen) and McGrandles and you still wouldn’t be near that figure, as we’ll have to loan some of them and we’d still be paying a percentage of their wages. If we could shift them all that’s possibly two players that come in not the 4 or 5 we need. Time to get real, do we really think adding two players to this squad will make us top six?
    We need 5/6
    Who do you think we are? Chelsea?
    Depends what our ambitions are .  If it’s to get out of the division, we need 5/6
  • eed by TS as he was the owner no matter what Scott and Gallen wanted 
    You will ALWAYS defend the club, you give my a*** a headache.
    You will ALWAYS say the opposite to the majority.

The bloke is a wind up merchant, he even posted on the other forum that he only posts on CL to wind people up
    weird if true
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Sess was part of a shit defence last season, is carrying a longer term issue and has had no pre season. I don't think he's someone we should be looking at unless the wages are paltry.
    Ness was part of that shit defence too and was crocked for 3 months.

AMB wasn't crocked but was also part of that shit defence. 

If we based everything on last season we'd need to sign another 10 players
  • mendonca said:
    October.
    Leaburn will be back first couple of weeks of September Aneke end of September 
  • edited August 2023
    I heard Dabo has been training with us all summer. Surely a contract heavily loaded with a pay as you play emphasis is worth it.  Him and Edun would be quality full backs imo. 
    It’s whether he’s willing to sign that type of deal. He’ll want more guarantees, we’ll want less. No agreement yet so no contract signed.
  • edited August 2023
    sam3110 said:

Was in the match day squad, just two League games less than Ryan Inniss last year.

But only completed 90mins 14 times in the league, either being subbed on or off in the others. If you have to reserve a substitution for Sess every game hes available, that will limit tactical and forced injury choices.  
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Following last night, time to show your money lads!
    If Fraser and Leaburn was fit last night we would have won that easily.. and most likely got something at Peterbro .. as I said we are going toe to toe with championship teams for players as Andy Scott says the players have options not free transfers who don’t have options 
    And if I had less grey hair, no wrinkles around my eyes and a 6 pack, I would be banging a super model. Unfortunately, I do have grey hair and wrinkles.
    And a wife? :astonished:

• edited August 2023
    sam3110 said:

But only completed 90mins 14 times in the league, either being subbed on or off in the others. If you have to reserve a substitution for Sess every game hes available, that will limit tactical and forced injury choices.  
    Good spot - Didnt see that