Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• shirty5 said:
    Redhenry said:
    eed by TS as he was the owner no matter what Scott and Gallen wanted 
    You will ALWAYS defend the club, you give my a*** a headache.
    You will ALWAYS say the opposite to the majority.

The bloke is a wind up merchant, he even posted on the other forum that he only posts on CL to wind people up
    weird if true
    Sadly it is 
    Can't be, surely. Why would you want to wind up your own club's fans, and spend so much time doing it
  • It'll all be fine...
  • I heard Dabo has been training with us all summer. Surely a contract heavily loaded with a pay as you play emphasis is worth it.  Him and Edun would be quality full backs imo. 
    Dabo, Edun, Ness and Jones must be the shortest names we've had for a back four?
  • edited August 2023
    mendonca said:
    When do we start saying that when Leaburn and Aneke return, it will be like having two new players. 
    October.
    Leaburn will be back first couple of weeks of September Aneke end of September  for a fortnight.
    completed for you.
  • Seen all three league games and still much more optimistic about this season than the last few. No doubt we need a few quality additions but the basis of a good team for this league is here just need the injured to return and the new signings to arrive. COYR  
    I think it’s going to take three transfer windows to sort out our squad. Our recruitment this window in terms of quality is quite decent but in terms of depth it’s way deficient. I have little or no confidence in our defence at the moment. Edun looks a good addition and Jones still unknown but the rest look to me to be mid table. Hector has gone backwards as far as I can see and Ness appears to have done the same. We need to address the defence before we can hope of progressing up the table. I’m already resigned to it not being this season. 
  • I know people are reacting to 2 defeats & I understand that, but we're not far away from having a good side.

Right back
    Creative midfielder
    Striker.

Those 3 signings of the same quality as the other summer signings & We'll be a decent side

It is a punishing league and we are threadbare already.
  • I know people are reacting to 2 defeats & I understand that, but we're not far away from having a good side.

Right back
    Creative midfielder
    Striker.

Those 3 signings of the same quality as the other summer signings & We'll be a decent side
    Very weak in terms of reinforcements. 
  • sam3110 said:
    Sess was nowhere near as crocked as many of the posts on here make out 
    Certainly once he was over his initial injury at the start of the season

Steven Sessegnon - Detailed stats | Transfermarkt

Was in the match day squad, just two League games less than Ryan Inniss last year.

If he's properly rotated with Asiimwe there shouldn't be an issue

But only completed 90mins 14 times in the league, either being subbed on or off in the others. If you have to reserve a substitution for Sess every game hes available, that will limit tactical and forced injury choices.  
    But do we know why he was substituted, perhaps just tactical, like all other players experience?
  • Sponsored links:

• Seen all three league games and still much more optimistic about this season than the last few. No doubt we need a few quality additions but the basis of a good team for this league is here just need the injured to return and the new signings to arrive. COYR  
    I think it’s going to take three transfer windows to sort out our squad. Our recruitment this window in terms of quality is quite decent but in terms of depth it’s way deficient. I have little or no confidence in our defence at the moment. Edun looks a good addition and Jones still unknown but the rest look to me to be mid table. Hector has gone backwards as far as I can see and Ness appears to have done the same. We need to address the defence before we can hope of progressing up the table. I’m already resigned to it not being this season. 
    You rarely get 3 windows to build a team at this level, as if you don't go up then your better players get picked off by higher clubs.
  • Is Dabo the player that failed his medical?
  • Croydon said:
    Is Dabo the player that failed his medical?
    Affirmative Marine. 

If he somehow passes it a month on, it'll hopefully be because he had a minor issue that wasn't relevant. (If so surely we should have signed him then).
  • Where is Trivante ? You’d have thought if he was heading our way he’d have pitched up somewhere in the news or at least here on the rumours thread. Perhaps Italy is where he’s off to.
    He signed for the club in Italy 
  • Where is Trivante ? You’d have thought if he was heading our way he’d have pitched up somewhere in the news or at least here on the rumours thread. Perhaps Italy is where he’s off to.
    He signed for the club in Italy 
    Hadn’t seen that. Thanks
  • Ferryman said:
    mendonca said:
    When do we start saying that when Leaburn and Aneke return, it will be like having two new players. 
    Leaburn back training next week
    Aneke couple of weeks later 
    Aneke tomorrow  - tomorrow never comes.
    Tomorrow always comes with Aneke.
    It's the day after you have to worry about!
    Get rid - waste of squad space
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    Croydon said:
    Sess was part of a shit defence last season, is carrying a longer term issue and has had no pre season. I don't think he's someone we should be looking at unless the wages are paltry.
    Ness was part of that shit defence too and was crocked for 3 months.

AMB wasn't crocked but was also part of that shit defence. 

If we based everything on last season we'd need to sign another 10 players
     Ness played well up until his injury, even if the overall defence wasn’t always great. The Players Marks thread does not lie!
    However, he’s still very inexperienced, especially for a CB. I’d rate him as 6.5er at the moment, with potential to improve to 7 or 7.5. I think we need to sign an experienced physical 7.5 or 8 type player who starts every game, and can lead the defence. 
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    that was an estimate, going off of this https://salarysport.com/football/league-one/charlton-athletic/

kirk - 5,400
    Payne - 5,100
    McGambles - 4,400
    DJ - 2,400
    Egbo - 1,900

none of those seem to be in favour and Payne and Kirk are quite honestly taking the piss and robbing a living if there earning that. Personally think these are the most likely suspects to be shipped out.
    if those are correct then jesus we are (were) a total shower of shit......those salaries are a joke for those players (actually still a joke if they were 50% under those declared)
  • Rumours of Huddersfield interest in Nombe

• TeeC said:
    So five weeks after he allegedly failed a medical with us, he’s now going to sign on the dotted line.