Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• So if we have to pay most of the wages for players like Kirk, then we may as well agree to cancel his contract.  Leaving him of little value to the club at the end of the season.
  • 7MarcusH26 said:
    Feels like probably 5 signings needed , I know obviously this won't quite be balanced with the same amount of players leaving. Probably 2 PL loans and the rest on permanents hopefully! Just think we badly need some creativity. 

2 strikers, a winger to compete with CBT and TC, creative central midfielder to compete with SF, CB who will boss the defence and 2 back up full backs.

• I think there is very little chance of us getting 5 or 6 top quality players in. I think the club are trying to get the first teamers as an upgrade in quality over the past few years and back-up will be youth players. I would imagine we will get one more perm and a few loans. Is it enough, no, but until we can get rid of the bit-part players (Kirk et al) and find a solution to Aneke’s issues, I think we are hampered.

Sorry, no rumours from me!
  • Surprised we’ve not yet got any loans in, the bench is pretty weak at the moment. Payne, DJ, Kirk, McGrandles are all fringe players that need shifting but we need a bigger squad than what we have at the moment, 4 incomings as a minimum needed for me, 2 strikers, a winger and a replacement for Egbo otherwise it’s another uncompleted squad and midtable finish looming for our investment group.
  • When do we start saying that when Leaburn and Aneke return, it will be like having two new players. 
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:
    So if we have to pay most of the wages for players like Kirk, then we may as well agree to cancel his contract.  Leaving him of little value to the club at the end of the season.
     Agreed. And we should have done it weeks ago
  • Surprised we’ve not yet got any loans in, the bench is pretty weak at the moment. Payne, DJ, Kirk, McGrandles are all fringe players that need shifting but we need a bigger squad than what we have at the moment, 4 incomings as a minimum needed for me, 2 strikers, a winger and a replacement for Egbo otherwise it’s another uncompleted squad and midtable finish looming for our investment group.
    You forgot about Panutche Camará.
  • mendonca said:
    When do we start saying that when Leaburn and Aneke return, it will be like having two new players. 
    Leaburn back training next week
    Aneke couple of weeks later 
  • CafcSCP said:
    Kirk and McGrandles on the bench last night out of necessity. No surprise that they were unused.
    I wonder if we are delaying their moves while we get a couple back, or a new signing.

No because we need players of the wage bill
    First to avoid possible FFP complications 

Not if the owners invest in the team by pumping in money as equity so not classed as income.
  • Of @Dazzler21's list, Gosling is 33 plays central midfield or right back, an older head that is probably on high wages, the exact type of signing the last regimes would have probably made (like Arter and Watson)

I'd take Wickham or Martin, Clark is a left footed centre back so I'd take him, I'd take Sessegnon or Nyambe, and Curtis once he's recovered from his injury. Central midfield either Watts or Amos for me, Lansbury is a groundsman now I believe!
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    Of @Dazzler21's list, Gosling is 33 plays central midfield or right back, an older head that is probably on high wages, the exact type of signing the last regimes would have probably made (like Arter and Watson)

I'd take Wickham or Martin, Clark is a left footed centre back so I'd take him, I'd take Sessegnon or Nyambe, and Curtis once he's recovered from his injury. Central midfield either Watts or Amos for me, Lansbury is a groundsman now I believe!
    Obviously I wouldn't just take all these players instead of signings from other clubs, but of the options available I think they're the best bets.

If for instance we sign Wickham or Martin because Exeter and Ipswich refuse to budge on Nombe and Lapado, but we actually buy a central midfielder like Moxon, then I can get by with that. 
  • Dabo has been training I was told last eve. 
    and again if we sign him he's not had a pre season so we won't see him for a month at least.
    Same with Sessegnon if he’s on the radar.
  • Sess not having any kind of preseason would concern me as a signing. Quality player though if he's over his injuries. 
  • edited August 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    I agree with your list of positions @supaclive

Just taking a look at free agents in League 1 and the Championship - assuming we're looking for cheap (This is just an assumption, obviously unfounded but to give a pool of players to look at) 

*All the below are listed as without club on TransferMarkt - this may have changed. 

Centre Backs:
    - Joe Walsh
    - Joe Bennett
    - Ciaran Clark

Right Backs: 
    - Todd Kane
    - Julien DaCosta
    - Jack Hunt
    - Steven Sessegnon
    - Ben Mensah 
    - Ryan Nyambe

Central Midfielders:
    - Ryan Tunnicliffe
    - Dennis Adeniran
    - Caleb Watts
    - Henri Lansbury
    - Luke Amos
    - Dan Gosling 

Wingers:
    - Lloyd Isgrove
    - Ronan Curtis
    - Ola Shodipo
    - Josh Martin
    - Gwion Edwards
    - Jr Hoilett
    - Tariq Fosu

Strikers:
    - Conor Wickham
    -  Chris Martin
    - Gary Madine 

Now there's some right old bastards in there and some fresh cherubs with some promise, but surely not all of these will want to reject us, I accept many of these will also not be suitable for us. 

(A couple of familiar faces in there too) 
    I’m thinking any more signings are likely to be young Prem loanees (and perhaps some Champ players too) and 1 or 2 permanents like Nombe if the price comes down, rather than free agents (but that’s only a guess).
  • eed by TS as he was the owner no matter what Scott and Gallen wanted 
    You will ALWAYS defend the club, you give my a*** a headache.
    You will ALWAYS say the opposite to the majority.

The bloke is a wind up merchant, he even posted on the other forum that he only posts on CL to wind people up
  • Id take sess, but only on a 2 or 3 year contract... no point him missing a quarter of the season amd then getting fit, just to negotiate a contract elsewhere in January
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Sess not having any kind of preseason would concern me as a signing. Quality player though if he's over his injuries. 
    I’d imagine we’d have real competition for his signature if he was proven to be over his injury. Thing is he can’t prove that. I’d offer him something if our medical team are confident he’s recovered but it would only be a year just in case. That in itself has its own drawbacks but we can’t afford another Chuks on the books.
  • Stewart is 23, 24 in March, according to that reliable source transfermarkt so don't expect he'll be for the U21s.
    Wiki say Stewart with us, but another report he's gone to an Italian club.