Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Wait wait wait, so, Dabo has a potential long term injury/ fitness/ career(?) Issue in the making..... and... he's desperate to sign, for ...us?

Oh dear god the silly bastard has no idea
    4 year contract apparently. 

The poor fcker won't last 4 days with our physio department! 😳
  • edited August 2023
    Do we even know the reason he failed his medical... A lot of speculation. Could have been anything.

I mean it's a challenge to fail a medical here, but not unheard of 
  • edited August 2023
    NabySarr said:
    A reminder that medicals aren’t a pass/fail test to see if a player is injured or has injury issues. It’s an assessment of those things which the club then use to make a decision on whether the player is worth that risk. You could technically still pass a medical with a broken leg 

I think it’s highly likely that Dabo was asking for too much last time round so the medical risk meant we decided against it. He’s probably tried to find himself a club on those terms and failed, come back to us asking for less so we might now assess it differently. I think it’s more likely to be that than his injury circumstances changing in such a short space of time 

Just thought I’d clear that up as seems to be a lot of misconceptions about medicals in football
    Its not all about medicals though is it ?  If he does sign will he be fit to play on Saturday ? He might be training with us but he's not had any game time & now we are out of the cup we only have the Pizza Cup he can get match fit.

Yet again we seem to be signing players who are not fit enough to go straight into the team. Weird policy when we are already stretched with current injuries. You'd think you'd only be signing players who've had a pre-season & are 100% ready to go. 
    NabySarr said:
    A reminder that medicals aren’t a pass/fail test to see if a player is injured or has injury issues. It’s an assessment of those things which the club then use to make a decision on whether the player is worth that risk. You could technically still pass a medical with a broken leg 

I think it’s highly likely that Dabo was asking for too much last time round so the medical risk meant we decided against it. He’s probably tried to find himself a club on those terms and failed, come back to us asking for less so we might now assess it differently. I think it’s more likely to be that than his injury circumstances changing in such a short space of time 

Just thought I’d clear that up as seems to be a lot of misconceptions about medicals in football
    Its not all about medicals though is it ?  If he does sign will he be fit to play on Saturday ? He might be training with us but he's not had any game time & now we are out of the cup we only have the Pizza Cup he can get match fit.

Yet again we seem to be signing players who are not fit enough to go straight into the team. Weird policy when we are already stretched with current injuries. You'd think you'd only be signing players who've had a pre-season & are 100% ready to go. 
    The club mentality on all aspects of the playing staff is all wrong.

Got a good youngster? - sell him and cash in [an endless list]
    Got a promising youngster? Put him in a shit team and destroy his confidence [Ness and others]
    How about an older player who comes good? - we don’t need him, get rid [endless list over the years]
    Transfer windows? - do little until you have no choice [and it’s always too late. Same every year]
    Bought a dud ? - pay him loads and keep him [DJ, Kirk, Payne and so on]
    Bought a crock ? - pay him loads and then re-sign him! [Aneke] 
    Got a senior player who can’t be arsed? - Take your pick over the years 
    Got a player who is not good enough? Keep playing him and lose games [Albie, Inniss, Stockely and others]

We have no clue about how to build a team and make it better over time.

The incompetence across our club since Curbs left has been constant, apart from 1 year when Bowyer performed miracles - even after that promotion, Roly made sure we would get relegated the following season.

Our decline goes back to when we sold Parker and after Curbs left, we made the dumbest choice to appoint a total knob called Dowie.

Everything we see now has taken years of fuck ups, poor decisions and the dumbest of owners.

Unless there is a massive culture change, our decline will continue - new owners need to step up and invest properly over time.

• Brownie12 said:
    Croydon said:
    Does any other club sign players that fail their own medicals? Or is it just us, the club consistently plagued by injuries
    his problem is not muscle or anything like that and is a situation that can be managed hence the new offer at reduced rates 
    In a way that Aneke’s situation has been ‘managed’. If he does sign, I hope we only offer a one year deal, or even like we did initially with CBT - until Jan. 
    Sign 2 crocks - you might get a few games from each?

Stupid policy - why not buy/loan players who can actually turn up?

Sums us up.
  • Ah. Now I see it.
    When Andy Scott said we are looking at players from the league above, he actually meant crocked players from the league above.

Par for the course.
    Clueless clowns - led by Gobby Methven and Scott
  • Wait wait wait, so, Dabo has a potential long term injury/ fitness/ career(?) Issue in the making..... and... he's desperate to sign, for ...us?

Absolute joke
  • So we urgently need a striker so Scott signs an injured full back on the cheap. 

Sounds about right. 
    So we urgently need a striker so Scott signs an injured full back on the cheap. 

Sounds about right. 
    Yes - thats our approach !
  • BigDiddy said:
    Wait wait wait, so, Dabo has a potential long term injury/ fitness/ career(?) Issue in the making..... and... he's desperate to sign, for ...us?

Absolute joke
    Yes it was mate  :o (though never say never)
  • Sponsored links:

• Too many pages of shit for me to wade through in the last day alone. I hope you are all enjoying yourselves.
  • BigDiddy said:
    Wait wait wait, so, Dabo has a potential long term injury/ fitness/ career(?) Issue in the making..... and... he's desperate to sign, for ...us?

Absolute joke
    You believe that .. think the jokes on you there 

he will get 1 year with option of a further one it’s a problem that can be managed now we found out what it is 
  • BigDiddy said:
    NabySarr said:

NabySarr said:

Got a promising youngster? Put him in a shit team and destroy his confidence [Ness and others]
    How about an older player who comes good? - we don’t need him, get rid [endless list over the years]
    Transfer windows? - do little until you have no choice [and it’s always too late. Same every year]
    Got a player who is not good enough? Keep playing him and lose games [Albie, Inniss, Stockely and others]

The incompetence across our club since Curbs left has been constant, apart from 1 year when Bowyer performed miracles - even after that promotion, Roly made sure we would get relegated the following season.

Our decline goes back to when we sold Parker and after Curbs left, we made the dumbest choice to appoint a total knob called Dowie.

Everything we see now has taken years of fuck ups, poor decisions and the dumbest of owners.

Unless there is a massive culture change, our decline will continue - new owners need to step up and invest properly over time.

Powell's time in charge?

Roland sold in November, we got relegated in may.
  • Just to put this deal in context. Chuks Anke will be halfway through his four year deal this coming January 2024, I will leave it to 'those in the know' to reveal how much Chuks is taking home but I would imagine it's a good deal more than Kirks £5400 a week. 
  • BigDiddy said:
    Ah. Now I see it.
    When Andy Scott said we are looking at players from the league above, he actually meant crocked players from the league above.

Par for the course.
    Plus this player was brought to the club by Holden Storrie and Gallen before the takeover .. 

just a footnote about Aneke his medical was not done by Charlton they sent him to a private hospital in Blackheath for his medical over 2/3 days … apparently the same at Birmingham he went through two Medicals before passing both on the advice of Lee Bowyer 
  • Bailey said:
    Just to put this deal in context. Chuks Anke will be halfway through his four year deal this coming January 2024, I will leave it to 'those in the know' to reveal how much Chuks is taking home but I would imagine it's a good deal more than Kirks £5400 a week. 
    Close to double I've heard.
  • Am I right in thinking CBT had a heart issue when he joined? 
  • Sponsored links:

• ButtleJR said:
    Bailey said:
    Just to put this deal in context. Chuks Anke will be halfway through his four year deal this coming January 2024, I will leave it to 'those in the know' to reveal how much Chuks is taking home but I would imagine it's a good deal more than Kirks £5400 a week. 
    Nowhere near that ( you are implying £10k) from what I’ve heard. And that Kirk figure also on the high side. Nevertheless @Bailey point is valid. Five unwanted players with 2 years left to pick up a weekly wage most of us can only dream of. Its a big drag on the club’s ability to deal this window. That said, they knew it in advance. Player contracts would have been one of the most important and  visible discoveries during due diligence, and if anyone would have known through previous experience how important it would be, its Charlie Methven! 
    Indeed, though to put it in perspective our combined dead wood would be on wages way less than Jack Rodwell alone!
  • ButtleJR said:
    Bailey said:
    Nowhere near that ( you are implying £10k) from what I’ve heard. And that Kirk figure also on the high side. Nevertheless @Bailey point is valid. Five unwanted players with 2 years left to pick up a weekly wage most of us can only dream of. Its a big drag on the club’s ability to deal this window. That said, they knew it in advance. Player contracts would have been one of the most important and  visible discoveries during due diligence, and if anyone would have known through previous experience how important it would be, its Charlie Methven! 
    Indeed, though to put it in perspective our combined dead wood would be on wages way less than Jack Rodwell alone!
    And until we reach high end competing Championship level or Premier League, suspect the Math will look the same. For now and subject to club/business performance, this feels about right. 
  • edited August 2023
    BigDiddy said:
    NabySarr said:

NabySarr said:

Powell's time in charge?

Roland sold in November, we got relegated in may.
    That's fair, but the rot has been slow and painful.

It does come down to the ownership and I include Murray in that, as he never had a good plan to replace Curbs.

Roland was a nasty so and so and the fact that he still owns the Valley is a huge concern.

• Bailey said:
    That'a my point - dumb owners.
  • BigDiddy said:

Absolute joke

he will get 1 year with option of a further one it’s a problem that can be managed now we found out what it is 
    Nothing would surprise me after we re-signed Chuks
  • BigDiddy said:

Absolute joke

If he is unfit, or a risk, we shouldn't even give him 1 week.
  • edited August 2023
    It would have been better if the new owners had only paid Sandgaard say £5m and put the other £5m into the club for transfer fees & wages. Instead they paid him c£10m for a loss making club that he himself only paid c£1.5m.....and now dont have any money to strengthen the team. 

The only way they are going to get a return on their money is if we get promoted. This current squad is not good enough for top 6.

And these are guys that are supposedly millionaires who are canny with business decisions. 
    These have money don’t worry about that … 600,000 for the Exeter lad 
    What salary did they offer? I am sure you know.
    I am 90% sure I have ended up arguing with him on Instagram spouting same nonesense above and about FFP ignoring owners can cover it.
  • edited August 2023
    BigDiddy said:
    Ah. Now I see it.

Par for the course.
    Plus this player was brought to the club by Holden Storrie and Gallen before the takeover .. 

just a footnote about Aneke his medical was not done by Charlton they sent him to a private hospital in Blackheath for his medical over 2/3 days … apparently the same at Birmingham he went through two Medicals before passing both on the advice of Lee Bowyer 
    True, but we are allegedly currently looking at players with dubious fitness and not in positions that we need most, like a striker.

Plus, we know we already have about 10 first team players injured, only 2 weeks into the new season - the squad is already weak ,so why burden it with more players who are a risk? 

If the owners don't want to invest, then they should say so - at least the fans will know what the club's intentions are. Or they might say "this is a long term rebuild, here is our plan…."

If they stumble along like Sandgaard, then fans will stay away, so business wise it makes no sense not to invest. They need to clear out the dross now and not repeat the mistakes made by previous owners.

All I see is more panic acquisitions with no real plan, but maybe they will surprise us!

The new ownership and Scott are not exactly inspiring, but we live in hope.
  • edited August 2023
    BigDiddy said:

Absolute joke

Haha I'd be shocked if he gets more than two years. If the club are concerned about fitness issues, you'd hope it'd be a 1 year + 1 year option.
    Hearing he had to get a specialist referral consultation and that came back clear - No idea on reliability.