Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Have heard whispers, that Cosworth could be a goer!

...Is that Mustang Cosworth...😉
    More like " Mustang" on a bit longer for another striker :neutral:

• edited August 2023
    When he’s called up last minute. 
    Connor McScrambles
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    CMc is a massive Two Ronnies fan
    Connor McForkhandles
    Tsk. It’s McFourcandles. 
  • edited August 2023
    Croydon said:
    I think that as far as Trivante goes, he is a striker and our cupboard is pretty much empty in that respect, so let's get him signed up; we can't afford to be too choosy in our position, can we?

Let's not let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
    I'd argue that we should probably be a bit more picky than a punt as big as Stewart, especially in our position. 
    Aneke is a problem here as on paper he should be one of the 4. Getting 4 plus Campbell and Aneke is a tough ask. So if it happens, 3 more proven strikers plus Aneke as 4th when available and Stewart as a gamble makes sense. 
    Campbell isn't a striker anyway.

And while Aneke is nominally a striking option, the club will surely have to be realistic about how many minutes he'll play, and especially how many games he will start.
    Ah Yes. You & I and most people on here know that but do Brener & Co know it. Do Brener & Co even care who plays up front. I doubt it. Methven will just report back & give them some old flannel and then hope for the best.

Or do you think flying in a player from the Jamican Premier League was just a bit of inspired scouting by Steve Gallen before he left. 

As far as the majority shareholders know, we'll have 4 or 5 players that can play "up front". Job done. The fact that 1 has been injured for most of his (2nd) time here, 2 are currently injured, 1 is very raw & still yet to score a league goal is of no consequence. 
  • edited August 2023
    JamesSeed said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    CMc is a massive Two Ronnies fan
    Connor McForkhandles
    Tsk. It’s McFourcandles. 
    Tsk Tsk..It's Connor McHandlesforforks...🙄
  • edited August 2023
    Everyone still calm and relaxed out there, will we get what we need by the end of the window?
  • Everyone still calm and relaxed out there, will we get what we need by the end of the window?
    Of course but it may take 3 windows but we’ll get there
  • Sponsored links:

• Everyone still calm and relaxed out there, will we get what we need by the end of the window?
    Of course but it may take 3 windows but we’ll get there
    3 windows? 

We do love a  good house analogy on here!
    Sit back, roll a fat one and enjoying the motherf'ing ride man.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SdhAfMor9BM
  • RedRobin said:
    Cosgrove going to Blackpool according to Nixon
    Maybe he’s looking for an old girlfriend. 
    What a strange place this has turned into?!
  •   If this young striker flying over to join us he will be at the game tonight ..
  • cfgs said:
    I am still certain we will make some more decent signings before the end of the window.  However we are due to play our fourth game of the season, third league game, with only one fit senior striker.  This may not be the fault of the owners but it is annoying.
    If your playing 433 you only need one striker ?
  • edited August 2023
    Trivante shouldn’t be hard to spot if he’s wearing the same hairstyle as yesterday and I know you’re on a wind up for a change Ronnie but what if that May gets injured or we need to change it up. Kanu is not the answer just yet 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:
    I am still certain we will make some more decent signings before the end of the window.  However we are due to play our fourth game of the season, third league game, with only one fit senior striker.  This may not be the fault of the owners but it is annoying.
    If your playing 433 you only need one striker ?
    True but if you took your blinkers of positivity off you eouod realise or admit you need options, at least from the bench.  Plus Holden has said numerous times he wants two up front.
  • RedChaser said:
    Trivante shouldn’t be hard to spot if he’s wearing the same hairstyle as yesterday and I know you’re on a wind up for a change Ronnie but what if that May gets injured or we need to change it up. Kanu is not the answer just yet 😉.
    Then we bring a loan in ..or out of contract player for a month until the window shuts … 
  • edited August 2023
    RedChaser said:
    Then we bring a loan in ..or out of contract player for a month until the window shuts … 
    Of course that’s an option but you must be more specific Ronnie I’m talking about tonight’s game.
  • Holden has repeatedly mentioned departures.
    We have tended to assume the departures will be the duds. 
    It may be that incomings are dependent on outgoings, or that we have to swallow a ‘marquee departure’ before any more new players arrive.
  • seth plum said:
    Holden has repeatedly mentioned departures.
    We have tended to assume the departures will be the duds. 
    It may be that incomings are dependent on outgoings, or that we have to swallow a ‘marquee departure’ before any more new players arrive.
    You could be right but I don't think it is likely. We have players like Kirk and DJ who we would want to move on without any recurring cost implications. The hardest players to get are always goalscorers and the problem is the sort of players we are trying to get, others will be trying to get too or their clubs want a premium for them as there is a premium attached to goals.
  • cfgs said:
    This pretty much is how I feel. I know others feel differently, but I am not going to be blaming the new owners/management team for us being left a bit short now. It is unfair to expect them to sort out all our problems in 3 weeks. I like what I have seen from the recruitment so far.

I am sure they have their targets and would love to have had them in already. They must get at the VERY least another striker and W/back in before the window is out though.
  • I suppose I am pondering the notion that incomings depend on outgoings.
    We assume we can ‘get rid’ of the players we don’t fancy, but the assumption there is that others would want them when we don’t. Wages and ability play a part here. 
    However players we are very content with like Dobbo are likely to have a number of other managers who would snap him up at the right price.
    Incomings depending on outgoings is a very delicate balancing act and one reason we should be grateful for, and should thoroughly sustain, our development system.
  • I always thought moving players on was going to be very difficult and it’s looking that way. The lack of interest in our surplus players has the potential to scupper our season.