Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Conor McLovehandles - ironic nickname given his slender physique.

On the rumours front - Enquiries have been made regarding a loan for Divin Mubama (we have been told no)
    what were we going to loan him?
  • Have heard whispers, that Cosworth could be a goer!

• MarcusH26 said:
    Don't see anything really wrong with the Stewart move if it's happening. Low risk move that might work out , I hardly expect him to be coming in and starting immediately Saturday and I'd expect another striker with experience of English football to come in too. 
    Really don't think we'll sign 2 more strikers. If Stewart is coming over here AND signs for us then be prepared for that being it for attackers this season. 

May
    Leaburn
    Stewart
    Kanu
    Aneke

• MarcusH26 said:
    Don't see anything really wrong with the Stewart move if it's happening. Low risk move that might work out , I hardly expect him to be coming in and starting immediately Saturday and I'd expect another striker with experience of English football to come in too. 
    Really don't think we'll sign 2 more strikers. If Stewart is coming over here AND signs for us then be prepared for that being it for attackers this season. 

May
    Leaburn
    Stewart
    Kanu
    Aneke

Joy!
  • edited August 2023
  • MarcusH26 said:

May
    Leaburn
    Stewart
    Kanu
    Aneke

Not sure there is much point putting Kanu or Aneke in there.. one isn’t ready and one is never available. So our realistic options would be:

May
    Leaburn
    *Stewart
    *Cosgrove

I would like those options, albeit no idea how well the Jamaican league would translate to league one. Could be a SchwartzFlop

...Is that Mustang Cosworth...😉
  • As long as when Leaburn is fit, he and May play in and score in the vast majority of games, having Kanu, Aneke and Stewart as the backups isn't too much of an issue. But it won't happen like that and I think the pursuit of names like Nombe, Clarke-Harris etc point out that Holden doesn't think it will either
  • Sponsored links:

Just seeing who on here is awake!
  • Gonna MakeSandals. New career option for Connor if the footie doesn't work out for him.

[Thank you for passing my coat]

Do I get a prize...👍

Do I get a prize...👍
    Yes, you are by far the coolest poster on Charlton life for the evening, now go and put the kettle on, I’m desperate for a cuppa! 😂 
  • Connemara Gandalf: Irish wizard 

On the rumours front - Enquiries have been made regarding a loan for Divin Mubama (we have been told no)
    Shame, looks a good prospect from what I've seen, but think he'll be in and around the squad this year.

Callum Marshall could be a decent alternative.
  • edited August 2023
    Have heard whispers, that Cosworth could be a goer!

Do I get a prize...👍
    Yes, you are by far the coolest poster on Charlton life for the evening, now go and put the kettle on, I’m desperate for a cuppa! 😂 
    So booby prize after all, a like would do nicely ....get ya own tea..☕
  • Have we been linked with any other RB/WB since Dabo failed his medical?
  • Sponsored links:

• ValleyBen said:
    Have we been linked with any other RB/WB since Dabo failed his medical?
    Sessegnon I guess.
  • Leuth said:
    Dizzle said:
    Sambcafc said:
    Trivante Stewart posted on his instagram from the airport today, so if he is joining us you’d expect it to be in the next few days…
    Interesting Barnet for the flight!
    Anything to pass the CL height test
    Brilliant, Leuthy! :)

• Oggy Red said:
    So, we’re now talking about penalties and the owners current and past on the rumours thread.
    Come on, Martin ...... you know the score.

This is the thread for venting angst,  discussing tactical ineptness and past players, trashing the new owners and Ronnie Moore.
    If you want transfer rumours - well, there ain't any.

:wink:

Ssssshhhhhhh, don’t mention my real name on here, keep schtum.

I know, I know but it’s so bleeding frustrating, don’tcha think   @oggyred?
    Sorry, Mr Nitram. Never meant to give away your little secret. :wink:

Best wishes,
    Soggy Bread x

Probably told no fing chance..he would go championship level minimum 
  • edited August 2023
    Conor McLovehandles - ironic nickname given his slender physique.

Exactly the reason we should be asking... no Champ clubs come in for him over the next week & a bit and all of a sudden a League 1 loan looks like a decent proposition.

Exactly the reason we should be asking... no Champ clubs come in for him over the next week & a bit and all of a sudden a League 1 loan looks like a decent proposition.
    I’m also 90% sure moyes has said he won’t go out on loan two weeks ago as he’s in their squad especially with Europe again this year 
  • Croydon said:
    I think that as far as Trivante goes, he is a striker and our cupboard is pretty much empty in that respect, so let's get him signed up; we can't afford to be too choosy in our position, can we?

Let's not let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
    I'd argue that we should probably be a bit more picky than a punt as big as Stewart, especially in our position. 
    Aneke is a problem here as on paper he should be one of the 4. Getting 4 plus Campbell and Aneke is a tough ask. So if it happens, 3 more proven strikers plus Aneke as 4th when available and Stewart as a gamble makes sense. 
    Campbell isn't a striker anyway.

And while Aneke is nominally a striking option, the club will surely have to be realistic about how many minutes he'll play, and especially how many games he will start.
  • edited August 2023
    Manic Monday. Connor McBangles?
  • Scoham said:
    Sambcafc said:
    Trivante Stewart posted on his instagram from the airport today, so if he is joining us you’d expect it to be in the next few days…

He could definitely spearhead our front line ! 

But cost us a fortune in replacement footballs.....
  • ValleyBen said:
    Have we been linked with any other RB/WB since Dabo failed his medical?
    Maryam?