Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• edited August 2023
    Stewart is 23, 24 in March, according to that reliable source transfermarkt so don't expect he'll be for the U21s.
  • Gillis said:
    I’d sooner keep dj and Kirk over mcCrappy and Payne 
    Can we establish a forum rule where if you're trying to come up with a negative nickname for one of our players it has to be at the very least not completely braindead level bad? I'm not asking for much, just the basics. At least make it look like it's even glanced at a pun on its way out

Agreed. To help out, I've pre-prepared some that people can use should the relevant situation arise.
    If he costs us a match by giving away a penalty because of a blatant handball - Conor McHandles.
    If he gives an inarticulate and meandering post-match interview - Conor McRambles.
    If he's seen stepping off of the coach at an away game sporting open-toed footwear - Conor McSandals.
    If he's caught at the Bexleyheath Marriott with a brass and his bodyweight in blow - Conor McScandals.
    If we think he's too old and slow - Conor McGrandad...
  • Gillis said:
    I’d sooner keep dj and Kirk over mcCrappy and Payne 
    Can we establish a forum rule where if you're trying to come up with a negative nickname for one of our players it has to be at the very least not completely braindead level bad? I'm not asking for much, just the basics. At least make it look like it's even glanced at a pun on its way out

Agreed. To help out, I've pre-prepared some that people can use should the relevant situation arise.
    If he costs us a match by giving away a penalty because of a blatant handball - Conor McHandles.
    If he gives an inarticulate and meandering post-match interview - Conor McRambles.
    If he's seen stepping off of the coach at an away game sporting open-toed footwear - Conor McSandals.
    If he's caught at the Bexleyheath Marriott with a brass and his bodyweight in blow - Conor McScandals.
    If we think he's too old and slow - Conor McGrandad...
    Speak for yourself 😉
  • I do not want to see Mouthall's photo on the last day of the window knowing we are not going to sign anyone 
  • iaitch said:
    Strolling round the pitch in no hurry - Conor McKirk
    Fify 
  • RedChaser said:
    Blackpool now the front runners for Cosgrove according to Nixon 🤷‍♂️ However he’s in the last year of his contract so a cheeky bid now could trump Blackpool’s loan deal. 
    Think it will be tough to get him on a perm because of his wages (unless Birmingham give him some sort of pay off) 
    I would assume they would be willing to pay part of his wages in a pay off if it means they get a transfer fee for him. Going to have to pay part of his wages to get him out on loan anyway and then he’d leave for free so I’m sure they’d rather the permanent option 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cosgrove going to Blackpool according to Nixon
  • 110 new posts and what do we have ....... a guy at an airport.
    Who appears to heading to Germany, in any case.

So, unless he's got lost or he got on the wrong plane, there's nothing to see here.

Our collective striker famine gets worse by the hour, and we've got another league fixture tomorrow.  Bollocks.
    For clarity and by way of an apology for seemingly starting a rumour with ZERO foundation, I have no idea if Trivante is heading for Germany or anywhere else although he must be heading somewhere. 
    On behalf of all of CL; thanks for that.

Hilarious, no really.
  • RedRobin said:
    Cosgrove going to Blackpool according to Nixon
    Rehearsing for Strictly Comes Dancing...
  • RedRobin said:
    Cosgrove going to Blackpool according to Nixon
    See previous page, you snooze you lose 😉
  • I heard Trivante was up, and that we need to get, and kidnap, that fool
  • NabySarr said:
    RedChaser said:
    Blackpool now the front runners for Cosgrove according to Nixon 🤷‍♂️ However he’s in the last year of his contract so a cheeky bid now could trump Blackpool’s loan deal. 
    Think it will be tough to get him on a perm because of his wages (unless Birmingham give him some sort of pay off) 
    I would assume they would be willing to pay part of his wages in a pay off if it means they get a transfer fee for him. Going to have to pay part of his wages to get him out on loan anyway and then he’d leave for free so I’m sure they’d rather the permanent option 
    Be much the same I reckon, they’ll have to take a hit either way, doubt it will be much different whatever option they choose. Cosgrove will have to agree of course. 
  • edited August 2023
    NabySarr said:
    RedChaser said:
    Be much the same I reckon, they’ll have to take a hit either way, doubt it will be much different whatever option they choose. Cosgrove will have to agree of course. 
    Upside for Birmingham is if they can pay off the majority of his wages now, they could save up to £380,000 in their wage budget…
    Why didn’t I think of that! No brainer 
  • Sponsored links:

• I think that as far as Trivante goes, he is a striker and our cupboard is pretty much empty in that respect, so let's get him signed up; we can't afford to be too choosy in our position, can we?

Let's not let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
  • edited August 2023
    clive said:

Asked how things are progressing in terms of the transfer window, Holden explained:  “Well, we’ve still got our targets. It’s a question that you face in every interview and I totally get it because it’s a topical question obviously for our supporters and for everybody.

“I think the recruitment’s been strong up to now and we still want to be active, but what we don’t want to do is go and rush into making signings. Obviously we’ve picked up one or two injuries, but we don’t want to go and rush a signing that’s not the right one for the football club. There’s still a lot of conversations going on, still a lot of phone calls and still a lot of work behind the scenes. There’s still two-and-a-half weeks to go so we’ll see how the squad looks in the next few weeks.”

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/holden-previews-bristol-rovers-visit

Probably massively jaded from the last few years but that don’t half sound like a precursor for ‘we tried but couldn’t do the deals we wanted’. 

PS
    Conor McSandals? 

• I think that as far as Trivante goes, he is a striker and our cupboard is pretty much empty in that respect, so let's get him signed up; we can't afford to be too choosy in our position, can we?

I'd argue that we should probably be a bit more picky than a punt as big as Stewart, especially in our position. 
  • Croydon said:
    I think that as far as Trivante goes, he is a striker and our cupboard is pretty much empty in that respect, so let's get him signed up; we can't afford to be too choosy in our position, can we?

I'd argue that we should probably be a bit more picky than a punt as big as Stewart, especially in our position. 
    Aneke is a problem here as on paper he should be one of the 4. Getting 4 plus Campbell and Aneke is a tough ask. So if it happens, 3 more proven strikers plus Aneke as 4th when available and Stewart as a gamble makes sense. 
  • Croydon said:
    I think that as far as Trivante goes, he is a striker and our cupboard is pretty much empty in that respect, so let's get him signed up; we can't afford to be too choosy in our position, can we?

Aneke is a problem here as on paper he should be one of the 4. Getting 4 plus Campbell and Aneke is a tough ask. So if it happens, 3 more proven strikers plus Aneke as 4th when available and Stewart as a gamble makes sense. 
    So just May, Leaburn, Aneke, Campbell and Stewart? Or am I misunderstanding 
  • Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

So just May, Leaburn, Aneke, Campbell and Stewart? Or am I misunderstanding 
    No I mean 2 more strikers with Stewart being one of them. So 3 proven strikers with Stewart and Aneke sharing the 4th position 
  • Conor McLovehandles - ironic nickname given his slender physique.

On the rumours front - Enquiries have been made regarding a loan for Divin Mubama (we have been told no)
  • Not surprised that West Ham have said no about Mubama , he'll probably be in and around their squad with the lack of strikers