Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Apparently Stoke and Watford are interested in Dion Charles. Would be great if he leaves as it would massively weaken Bolton.
  • nagAddick said:
    Apparently Stoke and Watford are interested in Dion Charles. Would be great if he leaves as it would massively weaken Bolton.
    Mmmh depends on the fee and whether they bring in 2 forwards of contrasting style to replace him. Some teams mean it for real when they aim for the top 6.
  • He's really good, surprised he hasn't been picked up sooner, will really put a dent in Bolton's promotion push.

I just hope we get our man in before it happens cause as you guys say, we will then have competition for targets in this league 
  • nagAddick said:
    Apparently Stoke and Watford are interested in Dion Charles. Would be great if he leaves as it would massively weaken Bolton.
    True but would also mean they would be competing with us for a replacement striker and more crucially would have a decent wedge to outbid us so swings and roundabouts
    Maybe they can snap him up on the last day of the window then. 👍
  • He's really good, surprised he hasn't been picked up sooner, will really put a dent in Bolton's promotion push.

I just hope we get our man in before it happens cause as you guys say, we will then have competition for targets in this league.
    Well, it would be interesting to see if they break Exeter's resolve with a £850k bid or simply pay them the £1 25m they are looking for.

We'll know soon enough. 
  • nagAddick said:
    They will just replace him with Clarke-Harris or Nombe
  • edited August 2023
    They have depth up front with Adeboyejo , Jerome ,Nlundulu and Bodvasson but Charles would be a huge hole to fill for them. Would probably be another club that would look at Sam Nombe as a replacement. 
  • edited August 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    They have depth up front with Adeboyejo , Jerome ,Nlundulu and Bodvasson but Charles would be a huge hole to fill for them. Would probably be another club that would look at Sam Nombe as a replacement. 
    If the rumours around Cosgrove and Stewart are true, I’m not sure I see us going back in for Nombe, at least not in this window.

If both were to sign it gives us:

1. May
    2. Leaburn
    3. Cosgrove
    4a. Aneke
    4b. Stewart

Don’t see where a sixth senior striker fits into that group. Now if we were to shift Aneke, or Miles scores 15 goals by Jan and we get an eight figure bid for him, things might be different.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d sooner keep dj and Kirk over mcCrappy and Payne 
    Can we establish a forum rule where if you're trying to come up with a negative nickname for one of our players it has to be at the very least not completely braindead level bad? I'm not asking for much, just the basics. At least make it look like it's even glanced at a pun on its way out
    Is there a meal deal with a McCrappy?
  • MarcusH26 said:
    If the rumours around Cosgrove and Stewart are true, I’m not sure I see us going back in for Nombe, at least not in this window.

1. May
    2. Leaburn
    3. Cosgrove
    4a. Aneke
    4b. Stewart

Don’t see where a sixth senior striker fits into that group. Now if we were to shift Aneke, or Miles scores 15 goals by Jan and we get an eight figure bid for him, things might be different.
    I think I can see the problem with this.
    Injuries? Or something else I’m missing?

We have to balance the needs of covering players for injury against collecting strikers like Pokemon cards. I’d love to have May, Nombe, Leaburn, Colby Bishop, Freddie Ladapo and Dion Charles if it was realistic.

Happy to check but does anyone else happen to know if another League One club has six senior strikers on the books?
  • Trivante Stewart definitely on his way somewhere. Plenty of people in the comments that he follows are congratulating him on 'new beginnings'.
  • MarcusH26 said:

1. May
    2. Leaburn
    3. Cosgrove
    4a. Aneke
    4b. Stewart

We have to balance the needs of covering players for injury against collecting strikers like Pokemon cards. I’d love to have May, Nombe, Leaburn, Colby Bishop, Freddie Ladapo and Dion Charles if it was realistic.

Happy to check but does anyone else happen to know if another League One club has six senior strikers on the books?
    I think people forget this with Chuks. Yes he will be injured most of the time but he’s still costing us a fair whack each week so you can’t just not include him as an option. Ideally you have 4 plus Aneke but that’s going to be hard to do unless we have a very large budget as Aneke is on a big wage. So 3 plus Aneke and then a wildcard option (Stewart) that is cheap might be the best we can do 
  • MarcusH26 said:

1. May
    2. Leaburn
    3. Cosgrove
    4a. Aneke
    4b. Stewart

Most seem to have 4 listed , Pompey complicate theirs by including Scully and Whyte who are obviously more wingers. 
  • Is it just me or Stewart didn't look that fast or particularly special in that video? His goals were poached from goal mouth scrambles mainly, around pub defenders.

Obviously the club haven't seen him live, so if they're going off the same video, I can't imagine this is anything more than bringing him to our U21's to see if he can be one for the future with some development, if indeed he is coming our way.
  • Gillis said:
    I’d sooner keep dj and Kirk over mcCrappy and Payne 
    Can we establish a forum rule where if you're trying to come up with a negative nickname for one of our players it has to be at the very least not completely braindead level bad? I'm not asking for much, just the basics. At least make it look like it's even glanced at a pun on its way out

Agreed. To help out, I've pre-prepared some that people can use should the relevant situation arise.
    If he costs us a match by giving away a penalty because of a blatant handball - Conor McHandles.
    If he gives an inarticulate and meandering post-match interview - Conor McRambles.
    If he's seen stepping off of the coach at an away game sporting open-toed footwear - Conor McSandals.
    If he's caught at the Bexleyheath Marriott with a brass and his bodyweight in blow - Conor McScandals.
    What about McShambles? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Connor McShite?

Not very creative today, sorry!
  • Is it just me or Stewart didn't look that fast or particularly special in that video? His goals were poached from goal mouth scrambles mainly, around pub defenders.

Obviously the club haven't seen him live, so if they're going off the same video, I can't imagine this is anything more than bringing him to our U21's to see if he can be one for the future with some development, if indeed he is coming our way.
    Probably not, given that he's 23.
  • Gillis said:
    I’d sooner keep dj and Kirk over mcCrappy and Payne 

Agreed. To help out, I've pre-prepared some that people can use should the relevant situation arise.
    If he costs us a match by giving away a penalty because of a blatant handball - Conor McHandles.
    If he gives an inarticulate and meandering post-match interview - Conor McRambles.
    If he's seen stepping off of the coach at an away game sporting open-toed footwear - Conor McSandals.
    If he's caught at the Bexleyheath Marriott with a brass and his bodyweight in blow - Conor McScandals.
    What about McShambles? 
    Does he come from York?
  • 110 new posts and what do we have ....... a guy at an airport.
    Who appears to heading to Germany, in any case.

So, unless he's got lost or he got on the wrong plane, there's nothing to see here.

Our collective striker famine gets worse by the hour, and we've got another league fixture tomorrow.  Bollocks.
  • Asked how things are progressing in terms of the transfer window, Holden explained:  “Well, we’ve still got our targets. It’s a question that you face in every interview and I totally get it because it’s a topical question obviously for our supporters and for everybody.

“I think the recruitment’s been strong up to now and we still want to be active, but what we don’t want to do is go and rush into making signings. Obviously we’ve picked up one or two injuries, but we don’t want to go and rush a signing that’s not the right one for the football club. There’s still a lot of conversations going on, still a lot of phone calls and still a lot of work behind the scenes. There’s still two-and-a-half weeks to go so we’ll see how the squad looks in the next few weeks.”

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/holden-previews-bristol-rovers-visit

• Blackpool now the front runners for Cosgrove according to Nixon 🤷‍♂️ However he’s in the last year of his contract so a cheeky bid now could trump Blackpool’s loan deal. 
  • RedChaser said:
    Blackpool now the front runners for Cosgrove according to Nixon 🤷‍♂️ However he’s in the last year of his contract so a cheeky bid now could trump Blackpool’s loan deal. 
    Think it will be tough to get him on a perm because of his wages (unless Birmingham give him some sort of pay off)