Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• The only properly sellable assets are Leaburn, CBT and Dobson, other than the youth. 

Leaburn has been injured so won't be on anyone's radar really and has 2 years on his contract, so we can hold out. Chance of being sold 15%

Dobson is our captain and has really taken us into his heart, it would be a silly bid that prises him away IMO, one that you'd be stupid not to take. Chance that bid comes in, 10%

CBT has only 1 year left on his deal and we're playing him out of position just to get him in the side. I'd rate the chances of him being sold at about 40%
  • No chance, he’ll be playing in the Prem this year 
  • Chelsea season ticket holder that i know mentioned the a young left back called Lewis Hall is being touted on the fans site as a possible for us to be interested in loaning.
    absolutely no chance! Linked to Newcastle.
  • Newcastle only meant to be interested in buying Chelsea not interested in selling.
  • I thought Lewis Hall was going to Palace on loan? 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I thought Lewis Hall was going to Palace on loan? 
    Maybe he was just getting his wires crossed with us then. Did think it was strange with Tayo only just coming in.
  • Leuth said:
    'cheers for signing Tayo, now we're going to immediately replace you with a Premiership quality player. CBT you can get stuffed as well' 
    To fair we did it when we signed Wiggins not long after Evina came in. There’s an good argument for having two genuine left wing backs, though there are higher priorities.
  • sam3110 said:
    The only properly sellable assets are Leaburn, CBT and Dobson, other than the youth. 

Leaburn has been injured so won't be on anyone's radar really and has 2 years on his contract, so we can hold out. Chance of being sold 15%

Dobson is our captain and has really taken us into his heart, it would be a silly bid that prises him away IMO, one that you'd be stupid not to take. Chance that bid comes in, 10%

CBT has only 1 year left on his deal and we're playing him out of position just to get him in the side. I'd rate the chances of him being sold at about 40%
    CBT to inconsistent that’s why he at the level he is , unlikey to get a much bigger club then us and only value around 300,000 
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    The only properly sellable assets are Leaburn, CBT and Dobson, other than the youth. 

CBT to inconsistent that’s why he at the level he is , unlikey to get a much bigger club then us and only value around 300,000 
    For once I agree with you.
  • Newcastle only meant to be interested in buying Chelsea
     Won't be long!
  • any players coming in this week wont obviously play tonight & probably not even saturday. That will be 4 games in with a substandard & disjointed squad. No lessons learnt from last season. If you do what you always did you'll get what you'll always got.

mid table finish.  
    We should be going into games like tonight confident of a win; instead, i'm not even confident we'll draw. It's early days for the new owners, but I would've expected us to have brought a striker in by now at least.
  • any players coming in this week wont obviously play tonight & probably not even saturday. That will be 4 games in with a substandard & disjointed squad. No lessons learnt from last season. If you do what you always did you'll get what you'll always got.

mid table finish.  
    We are shopping at a diff level not grabbing freebies … the players we want we have to stay calm to get them 
    Its ok saying that but when the likes of Bonne eventually show up, then it does make you wonder, as Marvin Gaye used to sing, 'What's Going On, What's happening brother'.

I wonder if the Gills fans are thinking the same?
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    If we are waiting for outgoings, how much we gonna raise from that, 2 bob?
    Don't think we have any Bobs in the team unfortunately, or is this a rumour? :O

mid table finish.  
    We are shopping at a diff level not grabbing freebies … the players we want we have to stay calm to get them 
    Let's revisit this on Sept 1st.
  • Redhenry said:
    Surely more about getting a couple of wages off the book than transfer fees?

Exactly what i meant, we won't get those wages covered, as for transfer fees, that's lala land...
  • edited August 2023
    I always thought moving players on was going to be very difficult and it’s looking that way. The lack of interest in our surplus players has the potential to scupper our season. 
    It is worrying that Holden is saying departures first before anyone arrives. If we know Kirk and co are crap so does every other manager. Yeah Scott shifted a few of them in January but we were still paying 80% of some of their wages, that’s not going to free up much of the budget to splash out. Credit if they manage to do it but I’m not optimistic about a successful rest of the window. How have we done in the last two weeks of recent windows, without checking in detail my impression is not so good?
  • The obvious candidates to offload are DJ and Kirk.
    Neither did particularly well on loan last season, DJ is even currently injured, so I can't imagine they will have a load of suitors 
  • Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:

Exactly what i meant, we won't get those wages covered, as for transfer fees, that's lala land...
    I don't think we will, who is going to pay Kirk 7k a week. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:

This
  • Redhenry said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:

This
    If we can get 50% of his salary off our books we have done well.. Issue is, few players we have bought in this summer are on decent wages, which takes us close to FFP.. We do need to get a few off the books.
  • edited August 2023
    That's worrying, squad is well short