Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    But offering 500k in June or now doesn't change the fact Exeter think he's worth more than that and Charlton don't?
    Or we signed May instead and it was one or the other ?
     Certainly not ITK but the message being put out after Leaburn got injured was that we had previously bid for May & the offer was "on the table". We then went back that week & increased our offer & it was accepted. Leaburn was injured on the sat & full extent of it known on the Tues. May signed 3 days later.

My feeling is that we were going to sign 1 of Nombe/May/JCH/Ladapo. Our hand was forced & Cheltenham played ball. 

I firmly believe we wont be signing another "known" striker and anyone else signed to play up front will be a Prem loanee.
  • sam3110 said:
    But offering 500k in June or now doesn't change the fact Exeter think he's worth more than that and Charlton don't?
    Or we signed May instead and it was one or the other ?
     Certainly not ITK but the message being put out after Leaburn got injured was that we had previously bid for May & the offer was "on the table". We then went back that week & increased our offer & it was accepted. Leaburn was injured on the sat & full extent of it known on the Tues. May signed 3 days later.

My feeling is that we were going to sign 1 of Nombe/May/JCH/Ladapo. Our hand was forced & Cheltenham played ball. 

I firmly believe we wont be signing another "known" striker and anyone else signed to play up front will be a Prem loanee.
    Thats exactly how i see it. A real statement of intent would be if one of the others walk through the door next week , but i think we are going to be disappointed. 
  • Ferryman said:
    shirty5 said:
    This is really shaping up into a great Charlton transfer window.
    We signed 8 players so yes it’s a very good window already ..expect another 3 perm and 2 loans plus 
    Six so far

May
    Camara
    Isted
    Edun
    Taylor
    Jones

Even the media team say it’s 6 after the signing of Taylor. Unless you are disbelieving what they are writing, then Moore. 

The lad Prince (Keeper) has been signed for the Under 21’s 

The emergence of Anderson & Asiimwe are like a couple of bonus players, but how long can they keep up the performances?

Northern Ireland have had to fast track promising youngsters in recent times, but Michael O'Neil says it's unfair to expect them to get you to a tournament. Like wise is it fair to expect ours to get us promoted? 
    Neither Anderson or Asiimwe are good enough to be in the starting xi. Well, not for a promotion push.
  • Who will they blame when we get to Sept 2nd and we haven't got any of our 'targets'?

My money's on Sandgaard.
  • NabySarr said:
    That Nombe “bid” of 500k screams of being one that they knew would be knocked back but they just wanted something positive to leak to the fans. That kind of move has got Methven written all over it 
    Has anyone said it was 500k though? Even Cawley has not said anything except that our valuation and theirs are different. 

• The forthcoming transfer deadline events will be like another re-run of all the others in recent times.
    We sit around waiting for news until we hear the lights have been turned off at the Valley, then the conversation switches to 'we can still get loans (following obscure regulations), and what about free agents?'.
    We are rapidly approaching Nile John land
  • Incoming transfer??
  • Is that meant to be a wolf?
  • assuming this is a Dabo hint but I don’t know what the link is https://x.com/cafcofficial/status/1694406648507371559?s=46&t=MojDVxh_AjG5taAWPQn6Tw
  • Sponsored links:

• I guess could be a Wolves loanee?
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Wonder if we would be in for someone like Nelson Oliveira? Just left PAOK in Greece. Played for a few clubs in England before, 32yo so not too many years left but could have an impact like Yann? 

Now that's an interesting name! Been injured a fair bit from what I recall at least when he was over here but definitely knows the EFL. 
    Sounds ideal
  • Someone on loan from Wolves perhaps?
  • Chem Campbell
  • Normally Cawley pips the official "song and dance" tweet to the announcement  :D
  • sam3110 said:
    Chem Campbell
    now that I could get behind 
  • Sponsored links:

• Gladiators star Wolf looks unrecognisable  Daily Mail Online
    We need more characters like him tbf
  • When we made a supposed 500k bid it was a goer.

Unfortunately that didn’t meet Exeter’s valuation so it didn’t progress.

The only strange thing about it is that transfers are usually a *negotiation* while this one never really turned out that way. No improved second bid from Charlton etc.

I have my suspicions as to why
    We should do a bingo card for the deadline day, we know what's coming.

' We tried but in this market it's not always likely you'll land the players you want as we aren't the only ones after that profile of player' 

'Unfortunately we couldn't match their valuation, we have a budget and although the money is there we have a limit on how much a player is worth' 

'we wanted the lad but with championship interest we weren't his preferred destination' 

'we are pleased to announce (insert journeyman/injury prone player here) on a one three year deal! There was a lot of competition for him (Us and Dover Athletic)  but we secured him as he believes in project league 1 solidarity' 

My favourite part is for the shoddy signing they'll unveil him with some sort of Oppenheimer video or something popular at the moment, that's the latest trend.

Ah well, I'm off work now until Monday, time to get on the ciders, best off starting early for Oxford 
    Yeah sort of agree but amended the glaring bit of nonsense
  • sam3110 said:
    Chem Campbell
    Wichita Lineman, great song
  • Wrong emoji 🦊
  • Welcome back Ronnie !!!
  • sam3110 said:
    Chem Campbell
    I assumed this too
  • Campbell confirmed, that’s come out of nowhere!
  • Who is he?