Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• ValleyBen said:
    Every day we go without the quality signings we need it feels more and more like we are in a spivs mk2 situation but this time without even the short term success before running out of the budget they sold the real money people on. 
    With methven involved ? surely not  :o It's just a countdown now until the next "New Takeover Thread"
  • never heard of him
  • edited August 2023
    Why are we signing a winger to play 352? 
  • Chunes said:
    Why are we signing a winger to play 352? 
    pretty sure he can play up front/as a 10 too 
  • Valley11 said:
    Who is he?
    Country and western singer and phenomenal guitarist. 
  • Looks like a proper goal scorer, can he do it in this league though... 
  • I imagine here's here to provide competition to Payne, Fraser, Campbell and CBT for a winger/attacking midfielder role, and to allow DJ and Kirk to move on
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    But offering 500k in June or now doesn't change the fact Exeter think he's worth more than that and Charlton don't?
    Or we signed May instead and it was one or the other ?
     Certainly not ITK but the message being put out after Leaburn got injured was that we had previously bid for May & the offer was "on the table". We then went back that week & increased our offer & it was accepted. Leaburn was injured on the sat & full extent of it known on the Tues. May signed 3 days later.

My feeling is that we were going to sign 1 of Nombe/May/JCH/Ladapo. Our hand was forced & Cheltenham played ball. 

I firmly believe we wont be signing another "known" striker and anyone else signed to play up front will be a Prem loanee.
    Problem with bringing in Premier loans is their parent club expect them to play, all very well if they're better then leaburn say & he can come off the bench when needed but what if the loan isn't as good as Leaburn ?
  • edited August 2023
    Campbell confirmed as per the clubs official website;

https://www.charltonafc.com/
  • Leuth said:
    I’m reckoning, that’s  it for transfers, we’re saving the budget for January.
    This doesn't make sense. There will definitely be more transfers in this window. The question is of what quality
    Personally I think Jan will be more important then this window, a fit squad and we have the ability to get top 6 , just having Leaburn and Fraser in the first 3 league games the way they went I think it would have been 3 wins … but our aim is to be in the pack come end of December and then invest again in jan and as we seen many times teams even as low as 10-12 have gone on a run and got into top 6 after Jan .. hopefully we will be one of the stronger side’s financially in Jan.
    Sounds like Charlie M is now preparing us for disappointment in this window. Oldest PR trick in the book to push everything into a future that never happens.

• Who will they blame when we get to Sept 2nd and we haven't got any of our 'targets'?

My money's on Sandgaard.
    Don't think they'll name him but will blame the lateness of the deal being completed + we made big offers for players but they went to big championship clubs, premiershit clubs saudi arabia
  • sam3110 said:
    Is that meant to be a wolf?
    More like a mongrel 
  • Sponsored links:

• Did @Callumcafc call a transfer today?
  • Gribbo said:
    Valley11 said:
    Who is he?
    Country and western singer and phenomenal guitarist. 
    Former Beach Boy for five months and member of the Wrecking Crew, just to add to your info Gribbo. 
  • Look at our bench on Saturday and who we had available to bring on. Shame we didn’t get him a week ago as then we might have won that game 
  • NabySarr said:
    Look at our bench on Saturday and who we had available to bring on. Shame we didn’t get him a week ago as then we might have won that game 
    Good point. On Saturday I looked at who could come on and was not inspired. 

• Who will they blame when we get to Sept 2nd and we haven't got any of our 'targets'?

My money's on Sandgaard.
    Don't think they'll name him but will blame the lateness of the takeover being completed + we made big offers for players but they went to big championship clubs, premiership clubs saudi arabia

• Gives us more options which is much needed, still hoping we sign someone like Ladapo though to give us more experience in attack. 
  • sam3110 said:
    But offering 500k in June or now doesn't change the fact Exeter think he's worth more than that and Charlton don't?
    Or we signed May instead and it was one or the other ?

I firmly believe we wont be signing another "known" striker and anyone else signed to play up front will be a Prem loanee.
    30 mins later we unveil Chem Campbell.

Now, where's that list @Dazzler21....