Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Braziliance said: 
    That comment was in reference to Dabo, suggests we’re haggling over some clause given his injury. 
  • So who is he referring to?
  • Max will be two more perms not incl. Dabo, possibly a couple of loans (wont expect anything special). I cant see us bringing in many more high league one - championship level players with the wage bill we have until certain players are released/ sold *cough* Kirk and Aneke *cough*. All in all, Deano has a tough season ahead and has very little to impress with.
  • sam3110 said:
    Braziliance said: 
    That comment was in reference to Dabo, suggests we’re haggling over some clause given his injury. 
    The "No" is referring to new signings only being Dabo. The rest of the comment is about Dabo.

So Dabo will come in if the deal is right, but expect other signings on top
    Ok 95% of the comment was about Dabo 
  • Unless we flog them cheap neither Kirk or Aneke will be going anywhere. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Unless we flog them cheap neither Kirk or Aneke will be going anywhere. 
    Thing with Aneke is we cant buy out his contract as it is too expensive and no one will want to buy him, flog him off for a quid? Not even worth that imo.
  • He'd also have to accept terms & pass his medical. Aneke is with us til his contract is up.
  • Sponsored links:

• You can flog them cheap all you like, but someone is going to have to suck up that salary both of them are on, and no one is willing to at the moment 
  • Rothko said:
    You can flog them cheap all you like, but someone is going to have to suck up that salary both of them are on, and no one is willing to at the moment 
    Such poor business/ vision on the clubs part, wish I could be so shit at my job and get away with it.
  • Rothko said:
    You can flog them cheap all you like, but someone is going to have to suck up that salary both of them are on, and no one is willing to at the moment 
    Such poor business/ vision on the clubs part, wish I could be so shit at my job and get away with it.
    Who's got away with it? Nobody involved with those deals is still at the club.
  • Braziliance said: 
    The no was replying to the suggestion that he's only referring to Dabo, he then went on to clarify there could be a deal in place for Dabo.

So he does expect us to make signings, only time will tell though. 
  • Braziliance said: 
    The no was replying to the suggestion that he's only referring to Dabo, he then went on to clarify there could be a deal in place for Dabo.

So he does expect us to make signings, only time will tell though. 
    All pretty self evident I think. Just need to offload a couple first 
  • I think the minimum (and probably most likely) is Dabo plus a striker. No additional striker would be awful.

Since we have, yet again, left some very important business to last minute, there's quite likely a domino effect in place that means that certain deals can or cannot happen due to the impact on parent clubs. I hope we're in for Ladapo or Nombe, but I suspect it'll be Cosgrove. Maybe we can weave some loan magic, but IIRC JR-S was done comparatively early and players of his ilk are probably at the clubs already. I don't want to pin any hopes on any last minute, young lad loans.
  • Would anyone else be surprised if we make any ‘headline’ signings before the slamming shut?

I certainly would. 
  • edited August 2023
    People are worrying about the lack of cafc activity but it has been a very quiet week for all clubs.

The reality is, at this stage of the window every player’s agent will be telling the players on their books to hold off from signing any offer they receive this week until deadline day (in case a higher offer is made at the last min on 1st Sept).
  • People are worrying about the lack of cafc activity but it has been a very quiet

week

for all clubs.

The reality is, at this stage of the window every player’s agent will be telling the players on their books to hold off from signing any offer they receive this week until deadline day in case a higher offer is made at the last min on 1st Sept.
    Shame it's been a month since we signed anyone.
  • edited August 2023
    People are worrying about the lack of cafc activity but it has been a very quiet week for all clubs.

The reality is, at this stage of the window every player’s agent will be telling the players on their books to hold off from signing any offer they receive this week until deadline day in case a higher offer is made at the last min on 1st Sept.

That sound like a very dicey game of Russian roulette...not ideal 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Unless we flog them cheap neither Kirk or Aneke will be going anywhere. 
    doubt we could even give them away at the moment - it's their wages that are the issue
  • edited August 2023

It is crazy that hundreds of thousands of pounds are managed like this BUT this is football. The reality is millions will be spent at the last min on 1st Sept (10 times what will be spent between now & deadline day).

It‘’a not just a Charlton thing. Most clubs are in the same boat & often waiting for a chain of sales to kick in before they get their player.

Imagine you are selling a house 😊…
  • Dazzler21 said:
    People are worrying about the lack of cafc activity but it has been a very quiet

week

for all clubs.

It has gone well past a joke now.  I wonder how many other clubs have not signed a player in the past four weeks.
    Something smells.
  • People are worrying about the lack of cafc activity but it has been a very quiet week for all clubs.

It is crazy that hundreds of thousands of pounds are managed like this BUT this is football. The reality is millions will be spent at the last min on 1st Sept (10 times what will be spent between now & deadline day).

It‘’a not just a Charlton thing. Most clubs are in the same boat & often waiting for a chain of sales to kick in before they get their player.

Imagine you are selling a house 😊…

Agree, but I was looking at it from the players perspective...🤔
  • Dazzler21 said:
    People are worrying about the lack of cafc activity but it has been a very quiet

week

for all clubs.

It has gone well past a joke now.  I wonder how many other clubs have not signed a player in the past four weeks.
    Something smells.
    I'm surprised you can smell it all the way from Brazil 🤭.
  • Cawley ruling out Nombe