Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• BigDiddy said:
    MrBurns said:
    Serious question but could we be under some sort of transfer embargo? Or would it need to be announced if we were? 
    good question - might explain a lot
    a quick check on the EFL website would tell you if there were, there isn't. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    BigDiddy said:
    Sambcafc said:
    AFC Wimbledon want in excess of £1.2m for Iraq striker Ali Al-Hamadi due to sizeable sell-on clause owed to his old club Wycombe. 

This is why a striker is the hardest position to buy for ridiculous price 
    Keep seeing the terms ‘ridiculous price’ for strikers we are looking at. The price is the price. Top young forwards create and hold value very well. The ownership can’t use that excuse if they are serious. Seen a number of fans say it but not sure it makes much sense.. market value and value to clubs increase a forwards price more than most other positions.

It’s the same logic that means we’d be fuming for Miles to leave for anything less than £1.5m and even that I think would be a steal… 

if you want the top young talent (especially a forward) you pay a premium… 
    When Leaburn eventually goes I will be shocked if its for anything less than £3-4m.
    Selling all talent is all part of the "plan"

Completely mad 
    As its been for the last 118 years…
    Hence where we are…..
  • edited August 2023

George aside, any of this lot worth a look/ get able?
    Hourihane - no chance 
    Herbie Kane - cracking player but they won't sell
    Tom Carroll - he is 31 and I don't see us spending on a midfielder in his 30s when we have numbers there
    Owen Moxon - Probably the most likely but again looking at 800k to 1m, doubt we pay it
    Aaron Morley - no chance Bolton sell
    Marlon Pack - 32, don't see Pompey selling 
    Ollie Norburn - 30, 2 years on his contract, don't see it
    George Thomas - 2 years on his contract at Cambridge, they won't sell
    Ethan Erhahon - Lincoln bought him for 400k, don't know how long he has on his contract but another one north of 500k
    Matt Smith - no chance and I doubt he would wanna come back here, Wigan won't sell
    Marc Leonard -  on loan from the Prem
    Funso Ojo - good player Vs us but 31 years old, 3 years to run on his contract, don't see it.

So out of all that our best options are securing Dobson on a long term deal 

&

Owen Moxon who would be the perfect signing from that bunch, tall, versatile mid, final year of his contract, wouldn't break the bank too much and entering his prime. So basically someone like Peterborough or Oxford will end up with him as their recruitment team are head and shoulders above ours. 

Whoever gets him is laughing, there will be championship interest. 
  • I’m in the middle of a rough bout of Covid . But this gave me a good giggle . Thank you Doctor Braziliance.
  • edited August 2023

George aside, any of this lot worth a look/ get able?
    Please don’t say Matt Smith. 😂
  • MrBurns said:
    Serious question but could we be under some sort of transfer embargo? Or would it need to be announced if we were? 
    no, they just don't want to spend any money.
  • This is really shaping up into a great Charlton transfer window.
    I’d be over the moon with a rumour before Oxford at this point, we can’t even get those at the moment 
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    Scoham said:
    This is feeling more and more like this time last year when we were expecting to sign a striker before missing out on Bonne on deadline day.
    I was about to post the same, virtually word for word.
    Same old bullshit. We’ve been duped so many times.
    Expecting howls of derision but until an owner buys the ground and SL - the entire club - we’ll always be stuck in Groundhog Day.
    Roland really had the last laugh when he separated the club from its assests.
    And the great news is we now have a consortium of multiple ‘owners’ to untangle, plus Roland, making the prospect of a single, viable owner for the entire club an even remoter possibility.
    Grim. 

He knew what he was doing, get rid of the loss making part.
  • Valley11 said:
    Scoham said:
    This is feeling more and more like this time last year when we were expecting to sign a striker before missing out on Bonne on deadline day.
    I was about to post the same, virtually word for word.
    Same old bullshit. We’ve been duped so many times.
    Expecting howls of derision but until an owner buys the ground and SL - the entire club - we’ll always be stuck in Groundhog Day.
    Roland really had the last laugh when he separated the club from its assests.
    And the great news is we now have a consortium of multiple ‘owners’ to untangle, plus Roland, making the prospect of a single, viable owner for the entire club an even remoter possibility.
    Grim. 

Nail on the head Valley11. Sadly.
  • Is today the day we finally see a signing?
  • This is really shaping up into a great Charlton transfer window.
    We signed 8 players so yes it’s a very good window already ..expect another 3 perm and 2 loans plus 
    Six so far

May
    Camara
    Isted
    Edun
    Taylor
    Jones

Even the media team say it’s 6 after the signing of Taylor. Unless you are disbelieving what they are writing, then Moore. 

The lad Prince (Keeper) has been signed for the Under 21’s 

• Yeah I only make it 6 too , Dabo is only a trialist still and Prince was a U21 signing that might play in the Pizza Cup or whatever it's called. 

Am getting a bit worried that we're leaving it all very late again. 
  • shirty5 said:
    This is really shaping up into a great Charlton transfer window.
    We signed 8 players so yes it’s a very good window already ..expect another 3 perm and 2 loans plus 
    Six so far

May
    Camara
    Isted
    Edun
    Taylor
    Jones

Even the media team say it’s 6 after the signing of Taylor. Unless you are disbelieving what they are writing, then Moore. 

The lad Prince (Keeper) has been signed for the Under 21’s 

Imo, of those 6, May, Camara and Tayo are decent.  I really hope Camara won’t fall into the Aneke category and not be fit enough to be effective.  Taylor and Jones could still prove to be decent, we just don’t know.  Same with Isted.  The problem is getting another 4 (maybe more) of the quality of May, Camara and Tayo.  You would hope we can, and I appreciate a lot of things line up the closer we get to the deadline re; Prem teams and their youth players, others clubs letting some know they will be surplus to requirements 

Still concerned about moving the likes of Kirk and DJ on.  Going to be tough 

• George aside, any of this lot worth a look/ get able?
    well we must be due a Matt Smith?
  • Sponsored links:

• But we're Charlton so even with the best squad in the league, we'll struggle to get up. 
  • Isted, Jones, Edun, Camara, Taylor & May is a great window! 
    Add that to Hector, Dobbo, Fraser & Leaburn and we’ve completely rebuilt the spine of the team with a lot of ability! 

Any side with that list of players should absolutely be in the mix come May. 
    Well that much is evident from our rip roaring start
  • Isted, Jones, Edun, Camara, Taylor & May is a great window! 
    Add that to Hector, Dobbo, Fraser & Leaburn and we’ve completely rebuilt the spine of the team with a lot of ability! 

Well that much is evident from our rip roaring start
    Form and ability are two different things!
    We’ve bought in ability which is unfit, no time to gel and subsequently have no form! 

• Valley11 said:
    Isted, Jones, Edun, Camara, Taylor & May is a great window! 

Welcome Charlie 
    100% Charlie Methven.
  • edited August 2023
    Isted, Jones, Edun, Camara, Taylor & May is a great window! 

Should we be?  Isted hasnt looked an improvement on Wollocott at all,  Jones and Taylor are still getting up to speed fitness wise so cant judge on their ability yet, May needs a decent partner, Fraser has been with us a season and half and has yet to live up to the "best playmaker in league one moniker" and Leaburn is becoming an injury worry.