Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• edited August 2023
    Need to sign a commanding CB.
    ‘Commanding’. Le mot juste! 
    Jones looks decent, Ness was, and may soon be decent again, Hector was once very decent, but may never be again, who knows. 
    But non of them are currently commanding.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    supaclive said:
    swordfish said:
    BigDiddy said:
    Perhaps we should save our money for a big push in the January transfer window.
    When we are 15th in the table?

Is that our 'plan"?
    It might be to be cautious until the the new management have a better understanding of what's needed to transform the Club into a successful one, but at the moment it looks more like the plan is to stick our most promising young prospects into the shop window, albeit because of the injury situation. Incomings desperately needed.
    They have been involved since DECEMBER 2022!

Holden was their man
    They oversaw the January window 

I'm sure Dean kept them up to date for the 2 months they fell out with TS!

They should bloody well know very well what we need.

9 points lost already.

They did not oversee January window and all budgets were set by TS and had to be signed off by TS … new owners have had control for just two weeks 

they were ready 4 weeks ago but it was the women’s team that held up the sale for another two weeks 
    Do you believe the shite you type?

https://www.charltonafc.com/video/player/0_66nqkuvp
    He does not. Don't take the bait. He will eventually stop. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Jones looks decent, Ness was, and may soon be decent again, Hector was once very decent, but may never be again. 
    I feel like we're all overreacting about our defenders. Something we've never done before of course
  • Any update on Chuks expected return if ever?
    The cotton wool is off and he’s now training on eggshells.
    End of September 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    supaclive said:
    swordfish said:
    BigDiddy said:

Is that our 'plan"?
    It might be to be cautious until the the new management have a better understanding of what's needed to transform the Club into a successful one, but at the moment it looks more like the plan is to stick our most promising young prospects into the shop window, albeit because of the injury situation. Incomings desperately needed.

Holden was their man

9 points lost already.

They did not oversee January window and all budgets were set by TS and had to be signed off by TS … new owners have had control for just two weeks 

they were ready 4 weeks ago but it was the women’s team that held up the sale for another two weeks 

He does not. Don't take the bait. He will eventually stop. 
    and who owned the club then ?? They did not have final say on anything it all had to go through TS and the budgets he set … 

You clearly don’t like facts 

• edited August 2023
    Leuth said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Jones looks decent, Ness was, and may soon be decent again, Hector was once very decent, but may never be again. 
    I feel like we're all overreacting about our defenders. Something we've never done before of course
    Have we been overreacting in previous seasons? How have previous seasons gone...!

Last season we were the 6th top scorers in the league and yet nobody in the top 14 conceded more goals than us. Result? Midtable obscurity

We're in danger of repeating the same mistake

Definition of madness is..
  • Sponsored links:

• So if you had to pick one poster on here who you thought was Charlie Methven posting on rumours on here, who would it be?
  • So if you had to pick one poster on here who you thought was Charlie Methven posting on rumours on here, who would it be?
    I’m Spartacus 
  • Leuth said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Really ! Our top six defence has shipped 9 goals in five games. Three of which were against a division two team and five against two teams not expected to be challenging. It’s not an overreaction at all. Collectively they have been crap. 
    There have been a few errors, I just feel a few of them are being written off a bit quickly
  • Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Really ! Our top six defence has shipped 9 goals in five games. Three of which were against a division two team and five against two teams not expected to be challenging. It’s not an overreaction at all. Collectively they have been crap. 
    There have been a few errors, I just feel a few of them are being written off a bit quickly
    9 goals in five games is not "a few errors" for the kind of pedigree and quality we're supposed to have.

If it were made up of chancers and U18s that's one thing but come on...
  • Brownie12 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    supaclive said:
    swordfish said:
    BigDiddy said:

Is that our 'plan"?

Holden was their man

9 points lost already.

Of course he doesn’t. Just wants a reaction - which is very strange behaviour. 
    Worrying.
  • AFC Wimbledon want in excess of £1.2m for Iraq striker Ali Al-Hamadi due to sizeable sell-on clause owed to his old club Wycombe. 

This is why a striker is the hardest position to buy for ridiculous price 
  • Sponsored links:

• AFC Wimbledon want in excess of £1.2m for Iraq striker Ali Al-Hamadi due to sizeable sell-on clause owed to his old club Wycombe. 

Probably shouldn’t have left it this late then. No club wants to lose their best player at this stage of the summer with little time for them to replace them. So that means fees for buying the better league 1 and 2 players are over-inflated.

We will end up with PL loans and championship squad players dropping down, I can’t see the new owners paying that kind of money or they would have done it a month ago before we’d lost 3 league games due to being short 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    supaclive said:
    swordfish said:
    BigDiddy said:

Is that our 'plan"?

Holden was their man

9 points lost already.

Ronnie/Colin/Kenny Senior spotted in court with Ray Von.

Next, he'll be telling us about the time he broke Bonnie Langfords back.

• thenewbie said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    JamesSeed said:
    9 goals in five games is not "a few errors" for the kind of pedigree and quality we're supposed to have.

If it were made up of chancers and U18s that's one thing but come on...
    There has been a problem with our defence, not necessarily defenders since Bowyer lost the plot in Autum of 2020.

5 managers and 10 center halves later its still going on they can't all be crap or clueless can they?

Charltonised has been used for stopping scoring or being injured but I would wager Hector has made more "serious" errors in the last 8 months than in the previous 8 years.  You don't play, for that long, in the Championship or above if you keep doing that.
  • Scoham said:
    AFC Wimbledon want in excess of £1.2m for Iraq striker Ali Al-Hamadi due to sizeable sell-on clause owed to his old club Wycombe. 

Similar to what Exeter want for Nombe then. Maybe that’s a normal price in the market - it would be naive to buy a club and think you can sign quality young strikers in the lower leagues cheaper than anyone else. I hope it hasn’t come as a surprise to the new ownership.
    Isn't that about what Peterborough bought JCH for as well? 
  • Scoham said:
    AFC Wimbledon want in excess of £1.2m for Iraq striker Ali Al-Hamadi due to sizeable sell-on clause owed to his old club Wycombe. 

Similar to what Exeter want for Nombe then. Maybe that’s a normal price in the market - it would be naive to buy a club and think you can sign quality young strikers in the lower leagues cheaper than anyone else. I hope it hasn’t come as a surprise to the new ownership.

Exactly this - with not long to get a replacement in I'm not surprised AFCW are quoting that for a player that will be key to them and hard to replace. 

I'd be surprised now if we get a striker on a permanent 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

Isn't that about what Peterborough bought JCH for as well? 
    As a minimum I would guess yeah.