Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Billyboy said:
    Any update on Chuks expected return if ever?
    The cotton wool is off and he’s now training on eggshells.
    End of September 
    Ffs I can't post on other site your on as bexleyboy and I don't like to say to much just read, but I've had to say something even if not much, but fuck me (sorry language) but why do you talk so much shite on both forums when in truth u know f all... your either a wind up merchant or you have a screw loose... don't mean to be rude but f me you do push buttons
    That's why he does it. Sad, attention seeking behaviour.  Only solution is not to feed him what he craves. End of August I will stop raising awareness for those who still fall into his trap and will then never acknowledge his posts again. 
  • edited August 2023
    Would a young lad from Croydon really be that keen on a move to south Yorkshire?
  • Would a young lad from Croydon really be that keen on a move to south Yorkshire?
    Because no footballer ever moves round the country for more money/a better club?
  • isn't this backwards? Surely you have to have a bid accepted before you can even talk to the player let alone agree terms surely? 
  • Scoham said:
    This is feeling more and more like this time last year when we were expecting to sign a striker before missing out on Bonne on deadline day.

This is what hugely concerns me is that scenario plays out again. Doesn't even seem to be any other names being linked besides Cosgrove. 
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Scoham said:
    This is feeling more and more like this time last year when we were expecting to sign a striker before missing out on Bonne on deadline day.

This is what hugely concerns me is that scenario plays out again. Doesn't even seem to be any other names being linked besides Cosgrove. 
    Well, the good news is we've already missed out on Bonne.

That is excellent news! But Leko for a third time is still possible 😂

"The fans were calling for us to sign an MK Dons' striker and we're pleased to be able to deliver that."
  • isn't this backwards? Surely you have to have a bid accepted before you can even talk to the player let alone agree terms surely? 
    Yeah seems odd, the guy is claiming that Exeter gave permission to speak to him, which sounds like total bollocks to me.

Either way it seems he may move nearer the close of the window, don't think Exeter will want to lose the money and they've been coping without his goals so far 
  • edited August 2023

George aside, any of this lot worth a look/ get able?
  • NabySarr said:
    BigDiddy said:
    Have we actually signed a player while Andy Scott has been in charge of transfers I can only recall him selling players. 
    4 players 
    Why do we look a lot worse than last season, then?

They should be honest and say ……”we will not push for top 6 this year because we want to rebuild the  whole squad - it may take 2-4 windows”  I would understand that and it would show honesty.

All we got was another arrogant prick on the radio, boasting it large and then doing nothing.

I think they are clueless, plotless and potless, They will probably bring in a few last minute additions and we may well pick up form and a bounce back. But unless there is a massive change, nothing much will improve and I doubt Holden will be here at the next window.

Bumbling along the road to nowhere, in my opinion 

If they’d actually said that there would be riots on Floyd Road. 

It might take time but they can’t say we’re not pushing for top 6, how are the players going to be motivated if that’s the message coming from the top? 
    Even if you motivated what we have, they are nowhere near top 6. The last few games prove that.

Oh, Miles and Chuks will help, but top 6?

Zero chance - we are worse than last season 

• George aside, any of this lot worth a look/ get able?
    Carlisle probably want a good fee for Owen Moxon but maybe the second Owen Moxon is worth a look 
    He must be good, if he’s on their twice!
  • So if you had to pick one poster on here who you thought was Charlie Methven posting on rumours on here, who would it be?
    it aint me !
  • edited August 2023
    Serious question but could we be under some sort of transfer embargo? Or would it need to be announced if we were? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    thenewbie said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Need to sign a commanding CB.
    ‘Commanding’. Le mot juste! 
    Jones looks decent, Ness was, and may soon be decent again, Hector was once very decent, but may never be again. 
    But non of them are currently commanding.
    I feel like we're all overreacting about our defenders. Something we've never done before of course
    Really ! Our top six defence has shipped 9 goals in five games. Three of which were against a division two team and five against two teams not expected to be challenging. It’s not an overreaction at all. Collectively they have been crap. 
    There have been a few errors, I just feel a few of them are being written off a bit quickly
    9 goals in five games is not "a few errors" for the kind of pedigree and quality we're supposed to have.

If it were made up of chancers and U18s that's one thing but come on...
    There has been a problem with our defence, not necessarily defenders since Bowyer lost the plot in Autum of 2020.

5 managers and 10 center halves later its still going on they can't all be crap or clueless can they?

Charltonised has been used for stopping scoring or being injured but I would wager Hector has made more "serious" errors in the last 8 months than in the previous 8 years.  You don't play, for that long, in the Championship or above if you keep doing that.
    A summer pre season with a Tony Pulis/Big Sam type manager would eradicate most of the individual and team errors.

Genius attacking play can't be coached, but defensive solidity can be.
    100% agree.

Even a Warnock type character 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sambcafc said:
    AFC Wimbledon want in excess of £1.2m for Iraq striker Ali Al-Hamadi due to sizeable sell-on clause owed to his old club Wycombe. 

This is why a striker is the hardest position to buy for ridiculous price 
    Keep seeing the terms ‘ridiculous price’ for strikers we are looking at. The price is the price. Top young forwards create and hold value very well. The ownership can’t use that excuse if they are serious. Seen a number of fans say it but not sure it makes much sense.. market value and value to clubs increase a forwards price more than most other positions.

It’s the same logic that means we’d be fuming for Miles to leave for anything less than £1.5m and even that I think would be a steal… 

if you want the top young talent (especially a forward) you pay a premium… 
    When Leaburn eventually goes I will be shocked if its for anything less than £3-4m.
    Selling all talent is all part of the "plan"

Completely mad 
  • BigDiddy said:
    Sambcafc said:
    AFC Wimbledon want in excess of £1.2m for Iraq striker Ali Al-Hamadi due to sizeable sell-on clause owed to his old club Wycombe. 

This is why a striker is the hardest position to buy for ridiculous price 
    Keep seeing the terms ‘ridiculous price’ for strikers we are looking at. The price is the price. Top young forwards create and hold value very well. The ownership can’t use that excuse if they are serious. Seen a number of fans say it but not sure it makes much sense.. market value and value to clubs increase a forwards price more than most other positions.

It’s the same logic that means we’d be fuming for Miles to leave for anything less than £1.5m and even that I think would be a steal… 

if you want the top young talent (especially a forward) you pay a premium… 
    When Leaburn eventually goes I will be shocked if its for anything less than £3-4m.
    Selling all talent is all part of the "plan"

Completely mad 
    As its been for the last 118 years...
  • Barnsley can’t sign him because we signed him a couple of weeks ago. He who shall not be named said so and he’s never wrong. 
  • MrBurns said:
    Serious question but could we be under some sort of transfer embargo? Or would it need to be announced if we were? 
    Not if we just signed a keeper no 
  • edited August 2023
    MrBurns said:
    Not if we just signed a keeper no 
    Irrelevent but he is an U21 player aged 19..🤷‍♂️
  • MrBurns said:

Only a self imposed embargo by the owners
  • MrBurns said:
    good question - might explain a lot