Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• edited August 2023
    Isted, Jones, Edun, Camara, Taylor & May is a great window! 
    Add that to Hector, Dobbo, Fraser & Leaburn and we’ve completely rebuilt the spine of the team with a lot of ability! 

Any side with that list of players should absolutely be in the mix come May. 
    But only 2  May and Dobbo are fully fit Charlie
  • Isted, Jones, Edun, Camara, Taylor & May is a great window! 
    Add that to Hector, Dobbo, Fraser & Leaburn and we’ve completely rebuilt the spine of the team with a lot of ability! 

Morning Charlie 
  • If you count Hector and Thomas then that makes 8, probably what Ronnie was on about. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Isted, Jones, Edun, Camara, Taylor & May is a great window! 

Welcome Charlie 
    You beat me
  • Is today the day we finally see a signing?
    No, today’s the day the teddy bears have their picnic
  • _MrDick said:
    Is today the day we finally see a signing?
    No, today’s the day the teddy bears have their picnic

• Sponsored links:

• Eight days to bring in minimum of three players. Cosgrove I’d say is 50/50 whether he chooses us over others. If not, then what then is the big question. Not signing another striker is unthinkable and I’d go as far as saying kills our season dead regardless of Miles returning. I’m guessing Dabo will be announced. 
  • Eight days to bring in minimum of three players. Cosgrove I’d say is 50/50 whether he chooses us over others. If not, then what then is the big question. Not signing another striker is unthinkable and I’d go as far as saying kills our season dead regardless of Miles returning. I’m guessing Dabo will be announced. 
    He's got to pass  a medical first, i'm guessing that involves 10 pints of Stella, and 20 Rothmans.
  • Are we buying a striker Charlie?
    I’m hoping Cosgrove is plan B if Ipswich don’t manage to bring in a forward (allowing plan A Ladapo to leave).
  • shirty5 said:
    Waiting till the last day can result in panic loans and permanent signings 

These are the last 10 brought in by the club on the last day of the windows at the time 

Gavin Kilkenny

Michael Hector

Sam Lavelle

Jonathan Leko

Harry Arter

Scott Fraser

Diallang Jaiyesimi

Matt Smith

Andrew Shinnie

Paul Smyth

3 still at the club, bar Lavelle the rest all on loans and returned back 

That sums up our crappy transfer approach.

• I think it's him..
  • Sponsored links:

• This is really shaping up into a great Charlton transfer window.
    The transfer pinhole as we know it 
    I’m hoping Cosgrove is plan B if Ipswich don’t manage to bring in a forward (allowing plan A Ladapo to leave).
    Do Ipswich even want to bring in a new striker? With 3 wins from 3 and sitting top of the championship they might very well be happy with what they've got through to January.
    Do Ipswich even want to bring in a new striker? With 3 wins from 3 and sitting top of the championship they might very well be happy with what they've got through to January.
    They are after the prem money - I reckon they carry on recruiting 

Welcome to Charlton Life, Charlie. When do we expect to sign these championship players? 
  • edited August 2023
    Eight days to bring in minimum of three players. Cosgrove I’d say is 50/50 whether he chooses us over others. If not, then what then is the big question. Not signing another striker is unthinkable and I’d go as far as saying kills our season dead regardless of Miles returning. I’m guessing Dabo will be announced. 
    Definitely. They missed out on Ellis Simms earlier in the window & were recently chasing Southampton’s Adam Armstrong for £8m.

They have big money to spend and know they have a chance of making the prem.

McKenna said last week he expects players to come in. If they sign JRS and/or a striker Ladapo will go.

Well that much is evident from our rip roaring start
    Form and ability are two different things!
    We’ve bought in ability which is unfit, no time to gel and subsequently have no form! 

The other factor being the gaping holes in the squad that need to be filled with the requisite quality in the next week.
    I'd be focussing on that rather than dreaming about next May
    Agree with you. 
    I think a senior RB/RWB and CF of the same quality that we’ve already signed are the most necessary. 
    Would be great to get another senior CB and a creative CM as well. 

With the 6 players we’ve bought in + Hector, Dobbo, Fraser, Leaburn & CBT, we’re not crying out for another 10 more best of the league type players to be competing.

If ‘in the mix come May’ is play-offs then the last time we reached the league one play offs we had a spine/core of Bauer, Pearce, Sarr, Cullen, Beilik, Aribo, Taylor and Grant (for part of season). These were ably assisted by Djicksteel, Solly, Purrington, Pratley and Williams.
    From your list, only Dobson would compete to get in the side from that season.