Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Sambcafc said:
    AFC Wimbledon want in excess of £1.2m for Iraq striker Ali Al-Hamadi due to sizeable sell-on clause owed to his old club Wycombe. 

This is why a striker is the hardest position to buy for ridiculous price 
    Keep seeing the terms ‘ridiculous price’ for strikers we are looking at. The price is the price. Top young forwards create and hold value very well. The ownership can’t use that excuse if they are serious. Seen a number of fans say it but not sure it makes much sense.. market value and value to clubs increase a forwards price more than most other positions.

It’s the same logic that means we’d be fuming for Miles to leave for anything less than £1.5m and even that I think would be a steal… 

if you want the top young talent (especially a forward) you pay a premium… 
    When Leaburn eventually goes I will be shocked if its for anything less than £3-4m.
  • These sort of protests are fun. Even more fun than ours. 
  • Ali Al-Hamadi was allowed to leave by Wycombe only in January. After scoring a few goals in L2, he's probably worth 200k now, max.
  • Now that Kanu is scoring we have 4 strikers on our books.
    Unless we are going to unload one of them I would be very surprised if we sign another one, unless it is a loan.
    The priority is to sort out the defence-keeping goals out is the biggest problem to fix now.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    thenewbie said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Need to sign a commanding CB.
    ‘Commanding’. Le mot juste! 
    Jones looks decent, Ness was, and may soon be decent again, Hector was once very decent, but may never be again. 
    But non of them are currently commanding.
    I feel like we're all overreacting about our defenders. Something we've never done before of course
    Really ! Our top six defence has shipped 9 goals in five games. Three of which were against a division two team and five against two teams not expected to be challenging. It’s not an overreaction at all. Collectively they have been crap. 
    There have been a few errors, I just feel a few of them are being written off a bit quickly
    9 goals in five games is not "a few errors" for the kind of pedigree and quality we're supposed to have.

If it were made up of chancers and U18s that's one thing but come on...
    There has been a problem with our defence, not necessarily defenders since Bowyer lost the plot in Autum of 2020.

5 managers and 10 center halves later its still going on they can't all be crap or clueless can they?

Charltonised has been used for stopping scoring or being injured but I would wager Hector has made more "serious" errors in the last 8 months than in the previous 8 years.  You don't play, for that long, in the Championship or above if you keep doing that.
    A summer pre season with a Tony Pulis/Big Sam type manager would eradicate most of the individual and team errors.

Genius attacking play can't be coached, but defensive solidity can be.
    Holden has played for Big Sam you would think some of it would have rubbed off but I totally agree.
  • Southbank said:
    Now that Kanu is scoring we have 4 strikers on our books.
    Unless we are going to unload one of them I would be very surprised if we sign another one, unless it is a loan.
    The priority is to sort out the defence-keeping goals out is the biggest problem to fix now.
    The manager and the SMT have said we're looking for more strikers, that hasn't changed
  • Sponsored links:

• The irony is we could do with Jaydon Stockley right now. When he was playing alongside Washington he had a very good goal return. Garner insisted on playing him as a lone striker and it certainly wasn't his game, but I reckon he would've thrived alongside a partner like May. 
    Good lord no....no footballing ability whatsoever other than the ability to use his head 
  • So if you had to pick one poster on here who you thought was Charlie Methven posting on rumours on here, who would it be?
    Golfie
    Damn. My cover has been blown.

I'm Charlie Methven
  • Chunes said:
    Another day ticking by without a signing...

Are we heading towards another deadline day scramble.

Can picture it now... A dejected Andy Scott sits in front of the camera. He says how disappointed we are that we didn't get a few more across the line, but now we're looking towards a busy January....
    I really do not understand why people are surprised that we have not signed anybody these past few days/weeks, every message from DH states they are sticking with their prime targets and it will probably go to the last day or two, same as always.
  • jams said:

Any sign of any rumours? Had a horrible dream last night we need 4 or 5 more and there were only 10 days left....

That's not a dream mate, that's a fact...🤷‍♂️
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:

Can picture it now... A dejected Andy Scott sits in front of the camera. He says how disappointed we are that we didn't get a few more across the line, but now we're looking towards a busy January....
    Don’t forget that we will have a look at any out of contract players that are still available after the window! They might be fit before January too if we are lucky 
  • AFC Wimbledon want in excess of £1.2m for Iraq striker Ali Al-Hamadi due to sizeable sell-on clause owed to his old club Wycombe. 

• AFC Wimbledon want in excess of £1.2m for Iraq striker Ali Al-Hamadi due to sizeable sell-on clause owed to his old club Wycombe. 

He’s missed 2 penalties tbf which would equal around 1.5 of the xG. Second half of last season it seemed like he couldn’t miss so does look like a bit of a return to the norm this season and a reminder why you probably shouldn’t pay 7 figures for a player that has had one purple patch of form 
  • Southbank said:
    Now that Kanu is scoring we have 4 strikers on our books.
    Chuks really is not an option and Kanu needs a loan (appreciate he's scored a couple already - but still needs a decent loan spell)
  • NabySarr said:
    AFC Wimbledon want in excess of £1.2m for Iraq striker Ali Al-Hamadi due to sizeable sell-on clause owed to his old club Wycombe. 

He’s missed 2 penalties tbf which would equal around 1.5 of the xG. Second half of last season it seemed like he couldn’t miss so does look like a bit of a return to the norm this season and a reminder why you probably shouldn’t pay 7 figures for a player that has had one purple patch of form 
    Agree it’s too early to be spending much more than a few hundred thousand on the guy but he did have a very good six months for a team that couldn’t buy a goal previously.

I would’ve liked to see how he performed this season but it looks like it’s getting harder and harder these days to wait - clubs have all these additional underlying metrics available which can help make informed decisions over a smaller sample of games.
  • Chunes said:

If this happens, I guarantee they'll blame it on the takeover dragging on for too long and not having a full summer window. 
  • Billy_Mix said:
    Greenwood is available!?
    really not funny
    there can be no appeasement for violent coercive behaviour
    finding humour in sexual assault is abominable
    as I do not read social media the only thing I know above the guy is that charges were dropped and so to my limited old fashioned knowledge he is innocent 
    also Billy is suggest you note the ! and ? in my original remark