Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• BigDiddy said:
    Perhaps we should save our money for a big push in the January transfer window.
    When we are 15th in the table?

Is that our 'plan"
    The promotion push.
  • I’ll stick my slightly unpopular opinion out there.  It is as much the midfield that is the concern, we replace the defenders every season and we still leak stupid goals at home to stupid teams.  

For two and bit seasons we’ve been absolutely shocking in the middle, we can’t retain the ball for love nor money.  I’ve lost count the amount of little teams that have rocked up to the valley (Accrington, Morecambe etc) and pinged it round the middle of the park far to easily, the defence would be tested a lot less and therefore the risk of mistakes would be reduced massively if this was improved.  

We still only came third with Cullen, Bielik and Aribo so the standard required is way way off at the moment, but the reality is that’s the quality that is needed.  Will Camara and Taylor be good enough?  I’ve no idea at this point, we have to give them time of course, but of the view misfiled is a huge issue.

Are "stupid"  teams those with lesser reputations historically? If not, who are they, except for us?
  • Best form of defence is attack.....we need a top striker to play alongside May....
  • BigDiddy said:

Is that our 'plan"?
    It might be to be cautious until the the new management have a better understanding of what's needed to transform the Club into a successful one, but at the moment it looks more like the plan is to stick our most promising young prospects into the shop window, albeit because of the injury situation. Incomings desperately needed.
  • Sponsored links:

• supaclive said:
    swordfish said:
    BigDiddy said:

Is that our 'plan"?
    It might be to be cautious until the the new management have a better understanding of what's needed to transform the Club into a successful one, but at the moment it looks more like the plan is to stick our most promising young prospects into the shop window, albeit because of the injury situation. Incomings desperately needed.
    They have been involved since DECEMBER 2022!

Holden was their man
    They oversaw the January window 

I'm sure Dean kept them up to date for the 2 months they fell out with TS!

They should bloody well know very well what we need.

9 points lost already.

They did not oversee January window and all budgets were set by TS and had to be signed off by TS … new owners have had control for just two weeks 

they were ready 4 weeks ago but it was the women’s team that held up the sale for another two weeks 
    21st July 2023 as per Companies House = 4 weeks
    Fact 😉
  • supaclive said:
    swordfish said:
    BigDiddy said:

Is that our 'plan"?

Holden was their man

9 points lost already.

They did not oversee January window and all budgets were set by TS and had to be signed off by TS … new owners have had control for just two weeks 

they were ready 4 weeks ago but it was the women’s team that held up the sale for another two weeks 
    Do you believe the shite you type?

https://www.charltonafc.com/video/player/0_66nqkuvp
  • supaclive said:
    swordfish said:
    BigDiddy said:

Is that our 'plan"?

Holden was their man

9 points lost already.

I'm not just talking about the playing side though, and I'm only speculating as to why we've not seen more happening there, where the shortcomings are apparent to us all.

A new structure is in place to oversee all aspects of Club administration and it's going to take time to get us in better shape to progress.

I'm not trying to offer excuses for them, but to understand why we're seeing little evidence of improvement as yet. I haven't given up hope, but downgraded my expectations for this season and think play offs are the best we can hope for, and only then if we see significant movement in what's left of the window.
  • Uche Ikpeazu, free agent being looked at by Wycombe, QPR, Sheffield Weds and Huddersfield. Surely should be one we are in for even if it will be difficult with championship competition 
  • Lock me up and throw away the key, but I have a feeling we are all gonna be surprised with some good acquisitions come 1st September...can't reveal source but you can thank me later...🙄
    What year ?
  • edited August 2023
    Lock me up and throw away the key, but I have a feeling we are all gonna be surprised with some good acquisitions come 1st September...can't reveal source but you can thank me later...🙄
    What year ?
    ...silly boy..🙄, what year are you currently in...
  • Sponsored links:

• NabySarr said:
    Uche Ikpeazu, free agent being looked at by Wycombe, QPR, Sheffield Weds and Huddersfield. Surely should be one we are in for even if it will be difficult with championship competition 

Would fit the bill if we wanted an experienced physical centre forward. Think he's recently been playing in Turkey. 
  • Strange nobody from the club has said anything about Dabo? 

I know, I know, it's all a plan so Man City/ Real Madrid don't snatch him, but an update be nice.
  • BigDiddy said:
    So from reading all this, I deduce our problems are in goal, central defence, full back, midfield, out wide, upfront, set pieces, tactics, management, coaching and the owners.

Bodes well doesn't it
    Only a few tweaks !

Put it this way, I am not getting my 1986 Full Members Cup beenie hat out, ready for a trip to Wembley in May...
  • BigDiddy said:
    So from reading all this, I deduce our problems are in goal, central defence, full back, midfield, out wide, upfront, set pieces, tactics, management, coaching and the owners.

Bodes well doesn't it
    Only a few tweaks !

Put it this way, I am not getting my 1986 Full Members Cup beenie hat out, ready for a trip to Wembley in May...
    We're going up automatically you say?
  • there is only 1 more game before the window closes, you could say 2 as the Fleetwood match is on 2nd Sept, surely it is better to wait and get the best partner for May rather than rush in this week and buy a second rate one, also Leaburn can only be 2 or 3 weeks away from playing. 
    This is the same for other positions better to wait a week and get the best available, but of course if the SMT aren't bothering then that is far more serious.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    NabySarr said:
    Uche Ikpeazu, free agent being looked at by Wycombe, QPR, Sheffield Weds and Huddersfield. Surely should be one we are in for even if it will be difficult with championship competition 

Would fit the bill if we wanted an experienced physical centre forward. Think he's recently been playing in Turkey. 
    We have a few turkeys here now.
  • there is only 1 more game before the window closes, you could say 2 as the Fleetwood match is on 2nd Sept, surely it is better to wait and get the best partner for May rather than rush in this week and buy a second rate one, also Leaburn can only be 2 or 3 weeks away from playing. 
    This is the same for other positions better to wait a week and get the best available, but of course if the SMT aren't bothering then that is far more serious.
    Noticeable that Scott, our recruitment saviour has said f*** all, it'd be s*** anyway, but the communication is shocking.

Funny that the only cobblers we hear is from a prick that has no day to day involvement.

I preferred it when squirrel face was opening her beak.