Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• We're doomed 
  • I was with a Wimbledon supporter last night. I mentioned cosgrove and he laughed.

he was lazy at Wimbledon and lacked effort
  • The irony is we could do with Jaydon Stockley right now. When he was playing alongside Washington he had a very good goal return. Garner insisted on playing him as a lone striker and it certainly wasn't his game, but I reckon he would've thrived alongside a partner like May. 
    Surprised this got 14 likes, because whatever the question, Stockley wasn’t really the answer. He had a spell when he first joined us when every time he headed the ball it went it, no matter what the angle; but he was never going to replicate that when the next season began. His scoring stats were also enhanced by a few tap ins in pizza trophy games. 
    And after his injury he became less mobile, and he was never that quick to start with. I honestly think we’ll never get anywhere if we don’t aim higher than the likes of Stockley as a key striker. He basically isn’t very good, and certainly not good enough if you want promotion. Just my opinion of course. 
  • Have we actually signed a player while Andy Scott has been in charge of transfers I can only recall him selling players. 
  • Croydon said:
    JamesSeed said:
    On a more positive note, Dabo looked excellent yesterday v. Wigan. He put it two low crosses from the right straight to the feet of players in the box (neither of which we converted of course) and looked decent defensively as well. 
    And Ladapo was quite a live wire on the left. He and CBT would be a double handful, with one on the right, or they could rotate, taking the pressure of CBT a bit.
    We need to sign a winger, not rely on another youth player. We need to develop our players property rather than just throw them in the deep end. 
    Ladapo was on the wing yesterday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes, you’re right, I always get over excited watching the U21s. Wigan weren’t great defensively, so much easier to shine. But our Ladapo is one to keep an eye on (I hope). 
  • Croydon said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Croydon said:
    JamesSeed said:
    On a more positive note, Dabo looked excellent yesterday v. Wigan. He put it two low crosses from the right straight to the feet of players in the box (neither of which we converted of course) and looked decent defensively as well. 
    And Ladapo was quite a live wire on the left. He and CBT would be a double handful, with one on the right, or they could rotate, taking the pressure of CBT a bit.
    We need to sign a winger, not rely on another youth player. We need to develop our players property rather than just throw them in the deep end. 
    Ladapo was on the wing yesterday. 
    Yes, but that's Ladapo from our youth team not the Ladapo.

Just because he looks lively in an u21 friendly doesn't mean he's ready for League One football. 
    If we put him on the bench will it mean his older brother is more likely to sign for us? (I think they are brothers right?) 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    there is only 1 more game before the window closes, you could say 2 as the Fleetwood match is on 2nd Sept, surely it is better to wait and get the best partner for May rather than rush in this week and buy a second rate one, also Leaburn can only be 2 or 3 weeks away from playing. 
    This is the same for other positions better to wait a week and get the best available, but of course if the SMT aren't bothering then that is far more serious.
    I agree to a degree that it's better to wait and get the players you want.

But not in the case of a squad player striker.  The minute Leaburn came off against Welling they needed to get an adult striker through the door quickly.  

Even if it was someone like Wickham or Martin on a 6 month contract.

I get the fear of being lumbered with players you don't want but you don't have to give everyone multi year contracts.  You could reassess in January.

You need a minimum of 4 strikers if your playing with two.  Leaburn, Kanu and Campbell don't take up squad spaces, nor count towards FFP, so that sort of balances out that Aneke does.

Yes wait for the right people to pay fees and give longer contracts too but that doesn't mean you have to leave yourself short.
    I think it’s become clear they don’t want to sign a squad striker. The plan is May backed up by Kanu to play alongside Leaburn or the new striker. Aneke coming back would be a bonus and give us five strikers.

Would be happy to be wrong of course.
  • Have we actually signed a player while Andy Scott has been in charge of transfers I can only recall him selling players. 
    4 players 
  • Need to sign a commanding CB.
  • mendonca said:
    Does anybody know if Hector suffered an injury towards the off-season? At the moment, it looks like every single party to the deal is coming off worse.
    He got a knock in pre-season. I still think we are better off sticking with him and hoping he improves with more games
  • wmcf123 said:
    Over 3 weeks since the last transfer announcement, surely something has to be announced today, even if it's just a PL loan. 

If nothing else, the squad must need a bit of a boost from a new face, never mind the fans, as I'm sure they're getting concerned. 
    Maybe Sandgaard has sold to a load of chancers 
    That’s out of order, there’s no need for  that.

I mean the maybe at the start.
  • Sponsored links:

4 players 
    Why do we look a lot worse than last season, then?

They should be honest and say ……”we will not push for top 6 this year because we want to rebuild the  whole squad - it may take 2-4 windows”  I would understand that and it would show honesty.

All we got was another arrogant prick on the radio, boasting it large and then doing nothing.

I think they are clueless, plotless and potless, They will probably bring in a few last minute additions and we may well pick up form and a bounce back. But unless there is a massive change, nothing much will improve and I doubt Holden will be here at the next window.

Bumbling along the road to nowhere, in my opinion 

• wmcf123 said:
    Over 3 weeks since the last transfer announcement, surely something has to be announced today, even if it's just a PL loan. 

If nothing else, the squad must need a bit of a boost from a new face, never mind the fans, as I'm sure they're getting concerned. 
    Maybe Sandgaard has sold to a load of chancers 
    That’s out of order, there’s no need for  that.

I mean the maybe at the start.
    Give them a chance !
  • NabySarr said:
    mendonca said:
    Does anybody know if Hector suffered an injury towards the off-season? At the moment, it looks like every single party to the deal is coming off worse.
    He got a knock in pre-season. I still think we are better off sticking with him and hoping he improves with more games
    Looks half asleep 
  • NabySarr said:
    BigDiddy said:
    Have we actually signed a player while Andy Scott has been in charge of transfers I can only recall him selling players. 
    4 players 

They should be honest and say ……”we will not push for top 6 this year because we want to rebuild the  whole squad - it may take 2-4 windows”  I would understand that and it would show honesty.

All we got was another arrogant prick on the radio, boasting it large and then doing nothing.

I think they are clueless, plotless and potless, They will probably bring in a few last minute additions and we may well pick up form and a bounce back. But unless there is a massive change, nothing much will improve and I doubt Holden will be here at the next window.

If they’d actually said that there would be riots on Floyd Road. 

It might take time but they can’t say we’re not pushing for top 6, how are the players going to be motivated if that’s the message coming from the top? 
    Pushing for top 6, there's a lot of work to be done so it may take 2-4 windows to put together a complete squad that can cut it in the Championship. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    NabySarr said:
    BigDiddy said:
    Have we actually signed a player while Andy Scott has been in charge of transfers I can only recall him selling players. 
    4 players 

It might take time but they can’t say we’re not pushing for top 6, how are the players going to be motivated if that’s the message coming from the top? 
    Pushing for top 6, there's a lot of work to be done so it may take 2-4 windows to put together a complete squad that can cut it in the Championship. 
    Dazzler21 said:
    NabySarr said:
    BigDiddy said:
    4 players 

Dazzler21 said:
    NabySarr said:
    BigDiddy said:
    4 players 

I think if it takes that long then the 'list of needs'  would alter dramatically. Kanu, Leaburn, Ness, Asiimwe, Anderson and Elerewe would all be established first team players, if we haven't been tempted to sell them. Thomas, Fraser, Dobson, Hector, and May would be gone. On the plus side, Aneke would have one year left on his contract, Kirk, DJ and Payne would be history. Some of that future I quite like but as usual the future relies on our owners having some plan to replace and progress. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    The irony is we could do with Jaydon Stockley right now. When he was playing alongside Washington he had a very good goal return. Garner insisted on playing him as a lone striker and it certainly wasn't his game, but I reckon he would've thrived alongside a partner like May. 
    Surprised this got 14 likes, because whatever the question, Stockley wasn’t really the answer. He had a spell when he first joined us when every time he headed the ball it went it, no matter what the angle; but he was never going to replicate that when the next season began. His scoring stats were also enhanced by a few tap ins in pizza trophy games. 
    And after his injury he became less mobile, and he was never that quick to start with. I honestly think we’ll never get anywhere if we don’t aim higher than the likes of Stockley as a key striker. He basically isn’t very good, and certainly not good enough if you want promotion. Just my opinion of course. 
    isn't he up with what was a good Championship/League one Striker in Marriott and didn't they have from January also? How's that going for him? 20 Games, 3 Goals, 3 Assists