Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Redhenry said:
    thenewbie said:
    We don't need Cosgrove to score goals, we need him to win/hold up the ball so that May can score goals (and hopefully Leaburn too once fit). 

It wouldn't be super exciting as signings go but it makes sense to me.
    I don’t want a striker that doesn’t score goals thanks 🤣
    This. If we are going for a big lump, I would expect him to take the kicks from
    defenders, hold the ball up etc to allow may to be a pest. I would expect 35 goals from a partnership like this with the big man chipping in with 12-15 with May getting the rest 
  • Redhenry said:
    thenewbie said:
    We don't need Cosgrove to score goals, we need him to win/hold up the ball so that May can score goals (and hopefully Leaburn too once fit). 

It wouldn't be super exciting as signings go but it makes sense to me.
    I don’t want a striker that doesn’t score goals thanks 🤣
    But who said he doesn't score goals? That's just not accurate. He scored 8 goals last season playing mostly as an impact sub and was the champions' 4th highest goalscorer. Yann got 12 in 2011/12 playing more than twice the minutes Cosgrove did. Hayes wasn't prolific either, but they both helped supply BWP to get 22 goals and contributed to the team with more than goals. If people think we're going to be playing two strikers who score 20 goals each then they're going to be very disappointed, it's just not realistic.
  • Take a bow, lads
  • I get why people are negative about cosgrove as a player like that on loan is still exactly the same type/level of player we would of gone for under TS and Gallen etc

I think people me included were hoping under this new lot for finally abit of money being spent and proven quality being brought in to show some ambition 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Don’t think so .. we would never been able to afford him 
  • sam3110 said:
    If Cosgrove replicates his scoring last season with us, and plays the remaining 42 games, he'll get 10 goals. 

If he's signed to be alongside May, who has scored 20 goals and 23 goals in the last 2 seasons, and he replicates that too, that's the 30-35 goals between them!

So you want them to do exactly what they did separately last season, together, but apparently that's not good enough?! 

Some right bollocks spouted on here recently, mostly by people who don't actually bother looking how players have done and just jumping on the "he's shite" bandwagon
    Another maybe 10 goals from Leaburn, if CBT can match last season that's another 8-10. Campbell II can hopefully add anywhere between 5-10 more. There's definitely enough goals in there IF we can stop dropping daft errors and giving away cheap goals.

If we end up needing 2-3 goals a game then yes we're in trouble. But tighten things up defensively and start actually holding leads and we should see a difference without needing multiple 20+ goal scorers.
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:
    Today’s South London Press
    Spotted shirty5.  How the fuck will we get rid of that dog dirt?
  • Must be a couple of boot sales the weekend two for one
  • FWIW last season May played up front with Nlundulu first half of the season, and Keena second half. They scored 10 goals between them. He got 20. They were both physically stronger players with a bit of height. 

I have no idea how well Cosgrove will do if he comes here, but I'm not so dismissive of him as some seem to be
  • shirty5 said:
    The same as January when we loaned the pair of them out along with Lavelle and McGrandles. 

Bar Lavelle who’s left, would not be surprised to see the 3 of them loaned out once again. 

No one with any sense is going to want any of them on a permanent deal with the wages they are on. 
  • sam3110 said:
    If Cosgrove replicates his scoring last season with us, and plays the remaining 42 games, he'll get 10 goals. 

If he's signed to be alongside May, who has scored 20 goals and 23 goals in the last 2 seasons, and he replicates that too, that's the 30-35 goals between them!

So you want them to do exactly what they did separately last season, together, but apparently that's not good enough?! 

Some right bollocks spouted on here recently, mostly by people who don't actually bother looking how players have done and just jumping on the "he's shite" bandwagon

Fair point, and I hope if he signs that you're right (or he scores more than 10!).

But to be worried about the fact that few of the fans of his previous clubs rate him at all isn't unreasonable.
  • sam3110 said:
    FWIW last season May played up front with Nlundulu first half of the season, and Keena second half. They scored 10 goals between them. He got 20. They were both physically stronger players with a bit of height. 

I have no idea how well Cosgrove will do if he comes here, but I'm not so dismissive of him as some seem to be
    Height and strength is something we need in a striker, but also more mobility than a traditional target man like Stockley. How do those two compare when it comes to pace?
  • shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    The same as January when we loaned the pair of them out along with Lavelle and McGrandles. 

Bar Lavelle who’s left, would not be surprised to see the 3 of them loaned out once again. 

No one with any sense is going to want any of them on a permanent deal with the wages they are on. 
    Both had poor loans though, so that’s why there is little interest. I suspect both will go at the end of the window as our demands on the loan club paying wages drop further. 

We will end up paying them quite a bit to play for someone else so we might even just decide to keep them in case of an injury crisis 
  • Until we have a midfield that keeps possession, sets the tempo and controls games we will continue to Charltonise any forward that comes in.  
  • sam3110 said:

Depends on his role in the squad but it would be more than that based on minutes played. He obviously is good at making an impact off the bench but there's 3,780 minutes left to be played this season and he got 8 goals in 1,307 minutes, which isn't far off a third of the available minutes remaining. He's not going to get 22+ goals but he's shown an ability to score a surprising amount in limited minutes so if he gets a run in the team replicating last season's form he'd be looking at a fair bit more than 10.
  • Sponsored links:

• I expect Kirk and DJ will get loans at the end of the window when clubs are desperate to get any old crap in. 
  • I think I know who I'd rather have.
  • Scoham said:
    sam3110 said:
    FWIW last season May played up front with Nlundulu first half of the season, and Keena second half. They scored 10 goals between them. He got 20. They were both physically stronger players with a bit of height. 

Height and strength is something we need in a striker, but also more mobility than a traditional target man like Stockley. How do those two compare when it comes to pace?
    Nlundulu I'd say was a bit pacier from the limited highlights I've seen of him. Keena was more plodding, and at 6 foot whilst bigger than May wasn't a full blown target man, more like a Josh Davison type I reckon
  • John Jules seems to be going to Derby.

We are the only quoted team for Cosgrove now 
  • thenewbie said:
    sam3110 said:

Another maybe 10 goals from Leaburn, if CBT can match last season that's another 8-10. Campbell II can hopefully add anywhere between 5-10 more. There's definitely enough goals in there IF we can stop dropping daft errors and giving away cheap goals.

If we end up needing 2-3 goals a game then yes we're in trouble. But tighten things up defensively and start actually holding leads and we should see a difference without needing multiple 20+ goal scorers.
    How you going to get them all in the same team?  I don't disagree that Campbell could get 10 goals in a season, if he played most of the games.  
  • What is Cosgrove's fitness, injury and preseason situation? Any geeks out there follow.
  • sam3110 said:
    Scoham said:
    sam3110 said:

Nlundulu I'd say was a bit pacier from the limited highlights I've seen of him. Keena was more plodding, and at 6 foot whilst bigger than May wasn't a full blown target man, more like a Josh Davison type I reckon
    We have to consider if them having some pace is what helped get the best out of May. He might not be as effective alongside a slower striker who can’t press alongside him, take over from running the channels or in behind when he drops deep etc.
  • sam3110 said:
    Scoham said:
    sam3110 said:

Nlundulu had a bit of nastiness about his game aswell. Watched him at the away game against Lincoln and I felt bullied Innis which isnt easy to do in fairness. 
  • shirty5 said:
    Sadly that comes as little surprise 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    How is he only 33?
    Some players seem to have been around forever.

Martyn Waghorn, who's also 33 and now at Derby, joined us on loan back in 2008!