Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Ferryman said:
    So is the general consensus that we’re clearly not signing anyone worth getting excited about due to TS still being in charge.  And then when we do finally get taken over we have no clue what the budget is and everyone else around us will have started signing decent players by then anyway?  
    That doesn't makes sense to me though. Why spend £12m or whatever it is, knowing you need to cover £7-8m losses in year 1 and then be behind the curve in transfers. Surely (or I hope) there is a clause in the contract allowing transfers to be made, otherwise the take one doesn't make sense
    I find it strange that we've had a fans forum and that burning question is still not answered. 
    Like your thinking👍 So many questions still unanswered from that Thursday evening?
  • Let’s face it. Chuks after his enforced break plus the summer plus a full pre season should be fit for the opening game. If he can’t be fit for that then I’m doubtful he’ll ever be fit.
    yeah but what about 2nd game?
  • Is there life after bloody Alfie May...🥱
    No that's it.
  • Redhenry said:
    If the takeover takes too long, can't see us getting the May deal over the line.
    Agreed, he might want to join but with no guarantees I think he’ll go elsewhere. 
    Has he actually said the words “I want to join Charlton “ and it’s been quoted somewhere?
    Was in the SLP app
  • Redhenry said:
    If the takeover takes too long, can't see us getting the May deal over the line.
    Agreed, he might want to join but with no guarantees I think he’ll go elsewhere. 
    Has he actually said the words “I want to join Charlton “ and it’s been quoted somewhere?
    I don’t believe so and I never said he did. But it’s been widely reported he’d like to move back to Kent so we’re an obvious choice on that basis. 
    I wasn’t suggesting you said he had, just asking the question. Where has it been widely reported he wants to move back to Kent, have I missed a link quoting the interview?
  • edited June 2023
    Redhenry said:
    I don’t believe so and I never said he did. But it’s been widely reported he’d like to move back to Kent so we’re an obvious choice on that basis. 
    I wasn’t suggesting you said he had, just asking the question. Where has it been widely reported he wants to move back to Kent, have I missed a link quoting the interview?
    I can’t find any link either from the South London Press
  • Looks like Tyler Burey is joining those League One giants, Oxford United.
  • Looks like Tyler Burey is joining those League One giants, Oxford United.
    Looks okay, but your comment about him not having a footballing brain put me off a bit.  We’ve already got Blackett Taylor that is all pace and little end product (imo), could be a clone of him.  

• Oxford and Bolton looking at James Beadle on loan. 
  • Sponsored links:

I can believe that, Bolton lost James Trafford who was one of their best players last season. 
    I can tell you categorically that Bolton are not looking at Beadle on loan. They're signing Nathan Baxter.
  • Here we go again...mid June, a couple of weeks to pre season!!!!!
  • Oxford look to be doing some decent business
  • edited June 2023
    There’s going to be a pack of around eight or nine clubs fighting it out at the top. At this point I don’t think we are anywhere near being part of that group. We need a significant increase in not only numbers but in real quality to get into that group. I think in reality it’s already looking like a long shot. 
    Don’t worry hopefully we will get two or three in now but takeover due to be completed start of Aug .. still gives us a month to really show our intentions 
  • edited June 2023
  • There’s going to be a pack of around eight or nine clubs fighting it out at the top. At this point I don’t think we are anywhere near being part of that group. We need a significant increase in not only numbers but in real quality to get into that group. I think in reality it’s already looking like a long shot. 
    Bang on the money, I am not seeing or hearing anything to suggest anything other than another mid table finish 
  • edited June 2023
    There’s going to be a pack of around eight or nine clubs fighting it out at the top. At this point I don’t think we are anywhere near being part of that group. We need a significant increase in not only numbers but in real quality to get into that group. I think in reality it’s already looking like a long shot. 
    Don’t worry hopefully we will get two or three in now but takeover due to be completed start of Aug .. still gives us a month to really show our intentions 
    I think August is fine for getting in some PL loans but targets where we need or are prepared to pay a fee it’s far too late. Can’t see May, Cheltenham or his agent waiting until then. I also think that the bulk of the quality free agents will also be snapped up by that time. Most clubs will want the core of their squads tied up by the time pre season and training camps are underway. We’re behind already. It’s retrievable but not if this takeover drags out until when you’re suggesting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cole Stockton to Burton Alb ???
    Disappointing if I’m honest. If May doesn’t happen for us I would have thought Stockton would be next on the list. 
    Disappointing if I’m honest. If May doesn’t happen for us I would have thought Stockton would be next on the list. 
    Different types of striker though, we might have alternatives to May in mind who are more similar in style.
  • Redhenry said:
    Really can't be arsed to search, but i said the same thing and somebody sent a link of the link :)
  • Bradley Dack wanted by Ipswich
  • Croydon said:
    Bradley Dack wanted by Ipswich
    Sounds more realistic than him coming to us 
    Confirmed on a 2 year deal. Fair play to Burton 
  • Gutted with that if true...
  • Redhenry said:
    Gutted with that if true...
    It’s true, on the Burton website.