Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Croydon said:
    Bradley Dack wanted by Ipswich
    Looks like one of them teenage Twitter account rumours, unless you’ve seen something I haven’t of course.  Personally can’t see Ipswich going for him they’ll be looking at bigger fish considering his injury record.  
  • Redhenry said:
    Gutted with that if true...
    So true funny how it seems 
  • shirty5 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Gutted with that if true...
    So true funny how it seems 
    Give it a rest tone
  • I appreciate all these players linked are only rumours, but if Dack going to Ipswich, Stockton going to Burton Albion etc come to fruition, I would say it’s a good indicator to seriously lower expectations until the takeover is complete.  
  • cabbles said:
    I appreciate all these players linked are only rumours, but if Dack going to Ipswich, Stockton going to Burton Albion etc come to fruition, I would say it’s a good indicator to seriously lower expectations until the takeover is complete.  
    I don’t think we were ever in for Stockton, and nor was any decent league 1 team as he’s ended up at Burton after being linked with some other poor league 1 teams in January.

Dack going to the championship also isn’t really an indicator of our budget/expectations. Most players will choose to play in the championship over us 

• Scoham said:
    Cawley promises signings before Welling.

Before the takeover not welling.  
  • edited June 2023
    Scoham said:

Cawley has changed his tune then - Wasnt he saying the opposite just last week about us signing players prior to a takeover being done?

As for Cole Stockton to Burton its an odd one - He was never really linked with big clubs last year either

Actions scream louder than words, maybe Burton have offered more attractive terms, but the fact that other clubs (Derby need a replacement for McGoldrick) around us etc. havent shown interest either in signing him... Makes me think that they're not impressed enough with his all round ability
  • Scoham said:
    Cawley promises signings before the takeover completes.

We knew that don't need RC to tell us .. PS and TS been saying it for weeks 
  • Sponsored links:

• barstool said:
    I would rather have Miles Leaburn than Cole Stockton 
    Stockton may have been decent cover though to replace Miles in the last 20mins of a game.

Perhaps that's why he wasn't interested... If we were ever...
  • Scoham said:

Cawley has changed his tune then - Wasnt he saying the opposite just last week about us signing players prior to a takeover being done?

As for Cole Stockton to Burton its an odd one - He was never really linked with big clubs last year either

Actions scream louder than words, maybe Burton have offered more attractive terms, but the fact that other clubs (Derby need a replacement for McGoldrick) around us etc. havent shown interest either in signing him... Makes me think that they're not impressed enough with his all round ability
    All my learning is through this site but wasn't it reported he is a trouble maker with an attitude?

could be why more attractive clubs haven't shown an interest
  • Also elsewhere, Lincoln sign keeper  Lukas Jensen from Burnley on a free.

Did ok on loan at Accrington last season, and at 6'6 passes the Charlton Life height test.
  • Has Stockton ever been linked with a club down south?
  • Scoham said:
    Cawley promises signings before the takeover completes.

We knew that don't need RC to tell us .. PS and TS been saying it for weeks 
    Then shouldn't they start actioning those words?

I've been saying for years, not weeks that I would like to see mila kunis and Natalie Portman shower together. Doesn't mean I'm going to make it happen
  • Sponsored links:

• Surprised that Cole Stockton has only got a 2 year deal at Burton considering he's the best striker in the world. But seriously, the obsession with him has to be one of the weirdest ones on here in a long time. He has had one proper goalscoring season in his career. he's 29. He had an absolute pig last season and covered up for it a bit by going on a spree in the last 4 games when it was too late to help his team much. He has 80 career league goals and more than a quarter of them were in one season, a season which he then couldn't repeat. If you compare his record to anyone it would be Nicky Ajose, and as I remember that turned out very well for us. It really does speak volumes that instead of going to a promotion-pushing team he's signed for a club that knowingly picked up Oshilaja, McGillivray, Kirk and Lavelle. Best of luck to him.
    A bit surprised he didn't join the Saudi exodus on £3m a week.
  • Cole Stockton is such a good signing for Burton, will really help them survive another year in league one comfortably I imagine, fair play 
  • shirty5 said:
    Cole Stockton to Burton Alb ???
    Confirmed on a 2 year deal. Fair play to Burton 
    Guaranteed 3 goals against us next season!
  • Surprised that Cole Stockton has only got a 2 year deal at Burton considering he's the best striker in the world. But seriously, the obsession with him has to be one of the weirdest ones on here in a long time. He has had one proper goalscoring season in his career. he's 29. He had an absolute pig last season and covered up for it a bit by going on a spree in the last 4 games when it was too late to help his team much. He has 80 career league goals and more than a quarter of them were in one season, a season which he then couldn't repeat. If you compare his record to anyone it would be Nicky Ajose, and as I remember that turned out very well for us. It really does speak volumes that instead of going to a promotion-pushing team he's signed for a club that knowingly picked up Oshilaja, McGillivray, Kirk and Lavelle. Best of luck to him.
    I was a pretty big advocate for us trying to sign him.

In a perfect world, I would have had us going for both him and Alfie May. Leaburn (provided he stays) is still arguably not quite ready for a full season (30+starts) and we are woefully lacking in cover up front. Stockton impressed me on both occasions at The Valley in the past two seasons and I think another 10-13+ goals in a decent side would have been fine - he scored one less than Leaburn last term, Additionally, his hold up play is solid and relatively intelligent for this league, and he is a natural goal scorer. When you take out JRS and Aneke (who cannot be relied on at all), there's a chronic lack of goals in the current squad and players that can stand up to the rigour of a full season.

He's no Mendonca-esque messiah, but he's good enough in this league as one of a two up front (and/or off the bench) and he's been scoring consistently in part of a pretty woeful Morecambe team. With only one fit striker as things stand, he'd be fairly high up my list unless we had better plans. With no Stockley and, despite being an idiot I'm glad we're rid off, no Bonne, all our eggs feel like they are in the Alfie May basket right now. Even then, we probably need at least another solid L1 striker if we are as ambitious as we claim.

Happy to be wrong about this and he disappears into obscurity at Burton, but I still feel he's got 1-2 decent L1 seasons left in the tank. Would have done a job imho.
  • Don’t worry Lyle’s still available 😉
  • kodfish said:
    Don’t worry Lyle’s still available 😉
    In a heartbeat
  • kodfish said:
    Don’t worry Lyle’s still available 😉
    In a heartbeat
    Alongside Karlan
  • th0rryy said:
    Surprised that Cole Stockton has only got a 2 year deal at Burton considering he's the best striker in the world. But seriously, the obsession with him has to be one of the weirdest ones on here in a long time. He has had one proper goalscoring season in his career. he's 29. He had an absolute pig last season and covered up for it a bit by going on a spree in the last 4 games when it was too late to help his team much. He has 80 career league goals and more than a quarter of them were in one season, a season which he then couldn't repeat. If you compare his record to anyone it would be Nicky Ajose, and as I remember that turned out very well for us. It really does speak volumes that instead of going to a promotion-pushing team he's signed for a club that knowingly picked up Oshilaja, McGillivray, Kirk and Lavelle. Best of luck to him.
    I was a pretty big advocate for us trying to sign him.

In a perfect world, I would have had us going for both him and Alfie May. Leaburn (provided he stays) is still arguably not quite ready for a full season (30+starts) and we are woefully lacking in cover up front. Stockton impressed me on both occasions at The Valley in the past two seasons and I think another 10-13+ goals in a decent side would have been fine - he scored one less than Leaburn last term, Additionally, his hold up play is solid and relatively intelligent for this league, and he is a natural goal scorer. When you take out JRS and Aneke (who cannot be relied on at all), there's a chronic lack of goals in the current squad and players that can stand up to the rigour of a full season.

He's no Mendonca-esque messiah, but he's good enough in this league as one of a two up front (and/or off the bench) and he's been scoring consistently in part of a pretty woeful Morecambe team. With only one fit striker as things stand, he'd be fairly high up my list unless we had better plans. With no Stockley and, despite being an idiot I'm glad we're rid off, no Bonne, all our eggs feel like they are in the Alfie May basket right now. Even then, we probably need at least another solid L1 striker if we are as ambitious as we claim.

Happy to be wrong about this and he disappears into obscurity at Burton, but I still feel he's got 1-2 decent L1 seasons left in the tank. Would have done a job imho.
    But that's the thing isn't it, he might have done a job. We shouldn't be looking to sign players who might do a job when we have two senior strikers, one of whom is legendarily unfit and the other is 19 years old. If we're playing 2 up front we need two proper strikers in. May is a good choice, Stockton is just off the back of a terrible season and, again, has had one good season in his entire career. Stockton had 4 goals by mid-April this season. That is horrendous for a number 9. Him piping up to get 7 in 4 at the tail-end when his team already had too much to do to survive is a massive example of some stats giving a false impression of a player's overall season. He scored a goal every 590 minutes before his big pointless finish. We would be very firmly out of play-off contention by then if he did the same for us. This is the problem with judging players based on how they do against us; we're terrible at defending and make average players look great.
    I agree with your assessment that we need May and another, but we should be looking to sign a player who is actually good, not one who had a bad season for a team that got relegated from League One. Signing ok squad players every season is why we have a team of ok squad players but very few players who are actually promotion material. We need to be trying to get in better
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Good signing. 

The Beadle rumour was in the paper so maybe just agent talk. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Good signing. 

The Beadle rumour was in the paper so maybe just agent talk. 
    Beadle linked to Oxford now, think he will end up somewhere in league 1