Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    CafcWest said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Whole time Martin Sandgaard is still involved, Holden isn't going to get the players he wants! 
    Storrie is quoted as saying that MS is still doing the data analysis but isn’t part of the decision making process.  Holden will ask MS for the data on a target and that will be used as part of the decision making process.
    MS is having a say on the transfers.. Holden has given a list of players he would like, and they keep coming back with different players that MS has in the black box.. This won't change until takeover is complete. 

It won't stop us signing players, but maybe the ones that is top of Holden list.
    Sounds like excuses to me. Feels like we are going to be left short and they will just blame it all on Sandgaard. Should have been quicker buying the club or at least should have put their own people in place once the SPA was signed, they did it in January so why not now? Storrie and MS shouldn’t have key roles in recruitment, why was Andy Scott not brought back in straight away so the new regime could have their own man on recruitment? 
    The man that bought us Penny , Killkenny and Kane in January 
    I think it’s quite harsh to judge someone on a window where they didn’t own the club yet. They showed they were good at shifting the deadwood which we definitely need to do again. I’d rather have Scott who is experienced than Storrie (experienced but not in recruitment) and Martin still significantly involved 
    The same situation now though isn’t it ? 
  • edited June 2023
    NabySarr said:
    There are rules in place that prevent prospective new owners from having any financial influence on a club before a takeover is official. It’s Sandgaard financing any deals or nothing at this stage. All this talk of The new lot having their own men in place and wheeling and dealing is pie in the sky.
    But apparently they did exactly that in January? So what’s the difference now? According to Methvens briefings, they funded January with a deposit and we all know they had Rodwell, Warwick and Scott working for the club 
    A non refundable deposit is money that belongs to the owner. Rodwell, Warwick and Scott were employed by Sandgaard. They had to have been.
  • NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    CafcWest said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Whole time Martin Sandgaard is still involved, Holden isn't going to get the players he wants! 
    Storrie is quoted as saying that MS is still doing the data analysis but isn’t part of the decision making process.  Holden will ask MS for the data on a target and that will be used as part of the decision making process.
    MS is having a say on the transfers.. Holden has given a list of players he would like, and they keep coming back with different players that MS has in the black box.. This won't change until takeover is complete. 

It won't stop us signing players, but maybe the ones that is top of Holden list.
    Sounds like excuses to me. Feels like we are going to be left short and they will just blame it all on Sandgaard. Should have been quicker buying the club or at least should have put their own people in place once the SPA was signed, they did it in January so why not now? Storrie and MS shouldn’t have key roles in recruitment, why was Andy Scott not brought back in straight away so the new regime could have their own man on recruitment? 
    The man that bought us Penny , Killkenny and Kane in January 
    I think it’s quite harsh to judge someone on a window where they didn’t own the club yet. They showed they were good at shifting the deadwood which we definitely need to do again. I’d rather have Scott who is experienced than Storrie (experienced but not in recruitment) and Martin still significantly involved 
    The same situation now though isn’t it ? 
    Quite possibly, but with the SPA signed the takeover is a lot more likely, and as it’s a summer window we are more attractive. In January we were miles off the play offs so that impacts who you can bring in
  • Kane Wilson is an absolutely outstanding signing. Hasn't quite worked for him at Bristol City but that's one hell of a way to fill the hole left by Bradley going back to Liverpool. 
  • Don't care who we sign, so long as we start with a full squad. If, Holden has given his backing to whoever signs, then I'm OK with that.

I knew nothing of Rak Sakyi last term and he's got to have been the best player at the club in years. Age, experience and reputation mean nothing when they step over that white line. It's doing the job that they have been given to the best of their ability is all I care about. 

New blood please, whoever is pulling the strings. 

But this was the fundamental problem at the start of the 2021/22.  We signed a load of players who floated around our league but the majority weren’t good enough.  Who we sign is everything, we have some cracking youngsters coming through we all know that, it’s the experienced players who compliment them.  
  • NabySarr said:
    Bolton are signing Kane Wilson from Bristol City. Them, Oxford and Pompey are the early movers while we are behind. Still early days and time to catch up but I would maybe even have Bolton favourites or at least up there for automatic promotion now they’ve replaced Trafford and Bradley pretty well 
    Another good signing for them, I'd agree they're probably the current favourites for me. 
  • Thank goodness for the rest of league one, or there would be nothing to talk about on this "rumours" thread...🤔
  • Sponsored links:

• Derby bring in Joe Ward from Peterborough. Solid wide option for them. 
  • Departing Charlton Athletic goalkeeper Nathan Harness is set to join League Two side MK Dons sources have informed The Real EFL.
  • MarcusH26 said:

Derby bring in Joe Ward from Peterborough. Solid wide option for them. 
    An inter L1 move though, so if he improves one promotion rival, it presumably also weakens another.
  •  Dan Crowley joins Notts County. Yes they're a big club, but surprised he's dropped a division
  • MarcusH26 said:

An inter L1 move though, so if he improves one promotion rival, it presumably also weakens another.
    Peterborough going for a Youth first policy apparently , trying to bring down the average age. 
  • Given the timescale of the takeover, and the fact that we will be dependent on the outgoing Sandgaard to finance any deals - I think we may be about to witness the most underwhelming CAFC transfer window of all time. 

We are going to bring in some truly, truly crap players. Of that I have no doubt.
  • MarcusH26 said:

Would have been a player on my list of targets. Both him and Kane Wilson who's going to Bolton are top wingbacks in this league. 
  • Given the timescale of the takeover, and the fact that we will be dependent on the outgoing Sandgaard to finance any deals - I think we may be about to witness the most underwhelming CAFC transfer window of all time. 

We are going to bring in some truly, truly crap players. Of that I have no doubt.
    No .. same targets will be worked on with or without the takeover makes no diff at this time .. the only change when the takeover happens middle  of July is the new owners will increase the budget for the final weeks of the window 
  •  Dan Crowley joins Notts County. Yes they're a big club, but surprised he's dropped a division
    I noticed him last season against us, he stood out as the best player for the first hour (although that's not difficult).

That's some claim mate!

I fear it is a valid one though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    Form an orderly queue…the rush to watch a disjointed, rudderless club with yet another dithering summer transfer policy will be overwhelming, I’m sure. 

This is the mythical extra commercial revenue - watch it fly off the shelves 

No .. same targets will be worked on with or without the takeover makes no diff at this time .. the only change when the takeover happens middle  of July is the new owners will increase the budget for the final weeks of the window 
    It's not hard to increase the budget from nothing though is it.

And come mid-end of July all the better players would have been snapped up.

Glad I'm not buying a ST as the new season will be even worse than the last one. A real relegation scrap. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Form an orderly queue…the rush to watch a disjointed, rudderless club with yet another dithering summer transfer policy will be overwhelming, I’m sure. 

I'll have ten!

My details.

Mr Fuckwit Gullable wankchops
    Go do one Avenue
    Banjohater
    North-Fucking-way
    BO1 lOX
    Did you used to play for Derby County in the premier League?
  • Kips said:
    Valley11 said:

I'll have ten!

My details.

Mr Fuckwit Gullable wankchops
    Go do one Avenue
    Banjohater
    North-Fucking-way
    BO1 lOX
    Did you used to play for Derby County in the premier League?
    Me big bruv Paulo...
  • MarcusH26 said:

Peterborough going for a Youth first policy apparently , trying to bring down the average age. 
    They are also skint 
  • Harness confirmed at MK Dons
  • edited June 2023
    Given the timescale of the takeover, and the fact that we will be dependent on the outgoing Sandgaard to finance any deals - I think we may be about to witness the most underwhelming CAFC transfer window of all time. 

Lol, don't take that tone with me simpleton. 
  • This has been the busiest start to a summer transfer window for years (outside of the Valley). All the promo contenders have started their summer rebuilds bar us and Peterborough.

…if we can still get away with calling Charlton ‘Promo contenders’