Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Scoham said:
    MrBurns said:
    Cheltenham have signed a forward today. I expect movement in the next week or two. It could just be a bowel movement though. 
    Rob Street from Palace. Should open a Path for us to sign May.
    Not more puns. Please don’t go down that road.
  • mart77 said:
    Harness confirmed at MK Dons
    MacGillivray has just signed for them today as well - Wonder if they want anymore Charlton rejects

Already got three of them
    Big Mac, Harness , Gilbey  just DJ and Lavelle to go . Throw 90 year old Dean Lewington into the mix and they will storm the league.
  • The way I am looking at it is there are a couple of targets that are decent bets, Dack and May. When one of them goes somewhere else, I will be concerend. It isn't a question on whether I think these are the right players or not but more that I think they are on Holden's list and if we don't get them something could be wrong.
    I really think Dack is a risk tbh couod be another Arter
  • Given the timescale of the takeover, and the fact that we will be dependent on the outgoing Sandgaard to finance any deals - I think we may be about to witness the most underwhelming CAFC transfer window of all time. 

We are going to bring in some truly, truly crap players. Of that I have no doubt.
    No .. same targets will be worked on with or without the takeover makes no diff at this time .. the only change when the takeover happens middle  of July is the new owners will increase the budget for the final weeks of the window 
    It's not hard to increase the budget from nothing though is it.

And come mid-end of July all the better players would have been snapped up.

Glad I'm not buying a ST as the new season will be even worse than the last one. A real relegation 

Relegation ?? you supporting Stevenage next season  … good luck I shall be supporting us at the other end of the league .. 
    I admire your optimism. 

Last year was bad. But this season we need more players than we did  this time last year

we need around 10-12 new players. Some can be loans & some can be squad players to fill in some gaps. 

However, we need 4 or 5 mainstays that will play 40+ league games next season. 

2 strikers (as we really only have 1 at the moment)

A winger to replace JRS

A midfield dynamo to create things  & unlock defences (Alan Barry Bannon)

Central defenders to replace Innis & Hector. 

So I ask again @RonnieMoore......what's happened to.Alfie May. We were all told last week that he was having a medical & would he unveiled shortly afterwards. Not having a pop mate but you have been so sure there is going to be incomings I'm wondering what the hold up is. 

Just because it’s not announced does not mean it not happened , but your right the delay seems strange two other reasons perhaps something come up in the medical or Cheltenham want to get a replacement in before they let him
    leave ..like a loan signing that was agreed yesterday the player in question as taken a short holiday should be announced on July 1.

Transfer market does not start properly until teams return for pre season we see it every year 
    Hopefully we will be big players in the market with the new owners wanting to make their mark once the EFL gives the ok in the next 2/3 weeks. 

ha, ha. A loan signing was agreed yesterday but the player has now gone on holiday? 
    Not how business works folks
  • arny23394 said:
    Croydon said:
    Valley11 said:
    If we need two strikers and one is May, what about Matty Taylor as back up? 33 now but always liked him and now a free agent after being released by Oxford. 
    That really would be accepting that League One was our level 
    Maybe but ive always thought he was effective and we did get promoted with Josh Parker
    That’s because the majority of our team were good enough to play in the championship. 
    We did get relegated literally tge year after with largely the same team
  • arny23394 said:
    Croydon said:
    Valley11 said:
    If we need two strikers and one is May, what about Matty Taylor as back up? 33 now but always liked him and now a free agent after being released by Oxford. 
    Maybe but ive always thought he was effective and we did get promoted with Josh Parker
    That’s because the majority of our team were good enough to play in the championship. 
    No we didn’t.  We lost, Bauer, Bielik, Aribo, Dijksteel and Taylor played less than half a season.  That XI who won the play offs would’ve survived comfortably.  
    Yes but we brought in Lockyer, Gallagher and Taylor played way mpre than half a season. The idea that the team was signiticantly worse is wrong
  • Sponsored links:

• arny23394 said:
    Croydon said:
    Valley11 said:
    No we didn’t.  We lost, Bauer, Bielik, Aribo, Dijksteel and Taylor played less than half a season.  That XI who won the play offs would’ve survived comfortably.  
    Yes but we brought in Lockyer, Gallagher and Taylor played way mpre than half a season. The idea that the team was signiticantly worse is wrong
    Taylor only played 22 league games 
  • arny23394 said:
    Croydon said:
    Valley11 said:
    It was a lot worse.  Our play off winning team would have spanked our most regular team in the relegation campaign.  And Taylor didn’t play “way more than half a season” he played 22 games.  

• arny23394 said:
    Croydon said:
    Valley11 said:
    We only had Gallagher for the first half of the season
  • Our most played XI by appearance 19/20:

Phillips
    Matthews
    Lockyer
    Pearce
    Sarr
    Purrington 
    Pratley
    Cullen
    Oshilaja
    Doughty
    Bonne

18/19:

Phillips
    Solly
    Dijksteel
    Bauer
    Sarr
    Bielik
    Pratley
    Aribo
    Cullen
    Reeves
    Taylor
  • Scoham said:
    MrBurns said:
    Cheltenham have signed a forward today. I expect movement in the next week or two. It could just be a bowel movement though. 
    Rob Street from Palace. Should open a Path for us to sign May.
    Not more puns. Please don’t go down that road.
    Avenue got better things to do?
  • Fair enough i didnt google was just remembering from memory
  • felix_31 said:

This is just embarrassing 
    RC not as up to date with his comments as he once was remember only few weeks back he said TS had not signed the paperwork when everyone else said he had .. few days later he admitted it was signed 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2023
    felix_31 said:

RC not as up to date with his comments as he once was remember only few weeks back he said TS had not signed the paperwork when everyone else said he had .. few days later he admitted it was signed 
    Well that's convinced me.
    Cawley has been replaced by RonnieMoore as our source of knowledge. 

🧐
  • Fair enough i didnt google was just remembering from memory
    👍🏻 
    Roland’s biggest blunder IMO.  He didn’t have to balls to go all in after Wembley, we really could have had a crack at promotion again.  
  • felix_31 said:

Not true, some people were saying it has happened, or was about to happen, a week or so before it did. RC was only a few hours behind @DubaiCAFC who was the first to say it was done on the actual day. Bear in mind Rich needs confirmation before he can say something like that prior to putting it out there.
  • According to Reams, we haven’t actually made a bid for Alfie May.
  • edited June 2023
    Croydon said:
    Valley11 said:
    It really is, though, sadly.  I don't think we can pretend it is a temporary dip any more.
  • Surely something has to happen for us soon….Sess coming back on a perm free transfer would be a good start. We must be able to get that over the line with our “increased transfer budget”.

We need players like Sess to be back training next week to ensure he’s fit & ready for the new season kick off.
  • edited June 2023
  • nagAddick said:
    According to Reams, we haven’t actually made a bid for Alfie May.
    He said he was having a medical last week!
    As I mentioned earlier in the week, I don’t actually think we are interested in him.