Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• It's a cynical view but it may not be a complete coincidence that news of our interest in/offer for Alfie May broke just before the expiration of the Phase 1 Season ticket deadline on 2 June. 

Given that EFL players will be reporting back for pre-season training in around a week's time, the club need to get their skates on, although the idea of Sandgaard funding transfers seems rather far fetched, unless there's some kind of price adjustment formula agreed with the prospective new owners.
  • Even if the takeover is all ratified next week , I'd only expect a couple loans and maybe a free agent signed for Welling. Might see a few trialists at this rate. 
  • When did it get this shit?
  • Do normal run clubs have trialists?  Trialist just reeks of can’t get a contract anywhere else to me.  
  • I understand the players report back tomorrow.

As it stands this is what we likely look like:

Maynard Brewer

Egbo Lavelle Ness

CBT Dobson Fraser Payne Mitchell

Leaburn Campbell

Subs

Woolacott
    Elewere
    Chin
    Mc Grandles
    Henry
    Aneke
    Kanu

Not picked, Kirk DJ

Supplemented with elevated young players.

• seth plum said:
    I understand the players report back tomorrow.

Maynard Brewer

Egbo Lavelle Ness

Leaburn Campbell

Subs

Woolacott
    Elewere
    Chin
    Mc Grandles
    Henry
    Aneke
    Kanu

Not picked, Kirk DJ

That starting XI makes me feel unwell.  
  • Is this the lull before the storm? Are we to be becalmed, cast adrift once more in the sea of mediocrity for next season? The next little while should answer these and more, questions like WTF''s going on?  We need an incoming player or two to signal something.

Enjoying Ronnie's posts. Think I'll help myself to a large dollop of whatever he's been having. I'd love him to be right! 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• A lot of people knock Ronnie but to be fair, he has well over twice as many lols as I have. I wish I had his ability to make people laugh.
    Look and learn 
  • edited June 2023
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    nagAddick said:
    According to Reams, we haven’t actually made a bid for Alfie May.
    He said he was having a medical last week!
    As I mentioned earlier in the week, I don’t actually think we are interested in him. 

Do you know if we are close to any targets? 
    Few things are close, but who's targets are a different matter!
    So, Storrie’s recent account on who is doing what was nonsense based on your understanding Dubai? What an absolute loads of b@ll@cks if so. Do these clowns never learn?
    If you for one minute believe PS is lying to the fans please have a lay down … Holden picking the players he wants which is right , PS and SG then take up the negotiations with agent club and hopefully player and TS and the new owners sign it off … no TS does not pick the players etc why would he when he pays others to do that job . 

Respectfully, I was asking @DubaiCAFC a question based on what he shared based on his sources and that question still stands, whether I need to lay down afterward or not? Cheers 
  • seth plum said:

Maynard Brewer

Egbo Lavelle Ness

Leaburn Campbell

Subs

Woolacott
    Elewere
    Chin
    Mc Grandles
    Henry
    Aneke
    Kanu

Not picked, Kirk DJ

There will still be some on here that think it just needs one or two more, and so and so could be better this season. 
  • Crowning achievement of banjo boys tenure, beaten to a player by the Jills...

New lows, new lows!
  • cabbles said:
    seth plum said:

Maynard Brewer

Egbo Lavelle Ness

Leaburn Campbell

Subs

Woolacott
    Elewere
    Chin
    Mc Grandles
    Henry
    Aneke
    Kanu

Not picked, Kirk DJ

There will still be some on here that think it just needs one or two more, and so and so could be better this season. 
    Some cracking players there. I think it just needs one or two more, and Aneke might be better this season! He's been injured for far too long you know! 😉
  • seth plum said:

Maynard Brewer

Egbo Lavelle Ness

Leaburn Campbell

Subs

Woolacott
    Elewere
    Chin
    Mc Grandles
    Henry
    Aneke
    Kanu

Not picked, Kirk DJ

Is Aneke there to collect the towels?
    Only an eternal optimist could imagine he is match fit
  • golfaddick said:
    I think people should chill out and just wait to see what transpires. We, as fans, have no say in the takeover & 99% of us had no clue who any of the major participants were before xmas. No point stressing over things that you have no control over. 

I'll will pass judgement once players are signed & a squad has been assembled. Until then there are 3 golf Majors & an Ashes series to be played. 

Sit down, put the tv on & have a beer. 

25 likes he got for this post.
    Since I wrote that post we've had 2 of the 3 Majors and the 1st Test match.

Not 1 signing. 

As I said, I'll pass judgement once a squad has been assembled but by then the clocks would have gone back & xmas would have just been & gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would be extremely surprised if May ends up at Gills. If not Charlton surely another league 1 club would get him. 
  • Scoham said:

He's still a contracted player till 2024, so he can keep stum until then if he want's...🤷‍♂️
  • edited June 2023
    Crowning achievement of banjo boys tenure, beaten to a player by the Jills...

New lows, new lows!
    Perhaps Holden doesn't want him and we are not losing out on him .
  • The delay in transfers might have something to do with the takeover being very close to be completed could be as early as July 1st …and they have told Holden to look for better targets 
    So did Alfie May have his medical or not ?  I see you still haven't answered this one. 

But perhaps he did & we've now told him that we dont need him as we are looking at better players.

Hard lark this ITK business. 
  • Done deal

We have signed Teresa  May
  • CH4RLTON said:
    I hope someone gets a good interview with Holden Tomorrow as , he isn’t the kind of manager to pull punches or cover things , i get we will get a better idea of the truth from him 
    He surely must be feeling very frustrated by now. He said he had been promised a decent window which I think we can all safely assume it’s not going to be. You do have to question the mood of the squad tomorrow when they return as the player pool have shrunk with no replacements if I was one of the players that has the interest from other clubs I would be onto my agent double quick telling them to get me a move
  • DA9 said:
    Cawley has said we haven’t bid for May, and Dubai has said Holden doesn’t want him (or words to that affect)
    So based on that, if true, how are Gillingham beating us to his signature ?
    I’m not say if we have put a bid in for him or not as nobody knows however I’m struggling to see why Holden wouldn’t want him it’s not as if we are going to have a long list of names to choose from is it