Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Could it be that New Zealand defender that plays in Ireland?
  • so we don't now think 1 of these players is may ?
    May is a Kent boy isn’t he ? I would have thought he’d probably be aware of what a full Valley was all about ?

Ironically wouldn't May have been in that Donny squad that lost at The Valley in the photo Deano sent a player? 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Waiting for Ronnie to confirm don't forget...🙄
  • The full Valley picture implies that it’s someone who isn’t that familiar with us, so I’m guessing it’s not Sessegnon and Banks he’s talking about. Although either one could be the second player.
    I can just see it now 

Holden: “the player I showed a picture of pulled out of the move when he realised it was only a sell out Valley because it was the You Tube game and has dived decided to enhance his career by joining The Sidemen”
  • Burstow anyone ? We do love an ex player link don’t we !!

• Has he progressed in that 18 month period? Because he wasn't good enough to start every game in League 1 when we sold him
  • I’d take Burstow all day so long as we’ve an experienced one lined up also.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Don’t like the Burstow talk, it puts in my mind loaning him opens the way for Leaburn to leave.
    I think Leaburn offers more.
  • It's like we have our own centre of gravity – players may leave, but they'll inevitably come back.
    Hotel california cyndrome. 
  • seth plum said:
    Don’t like the Burstow talk, it puts in my mind loaning him opens the way for Leaburn to leave.
    You’d find it hard to find anyone who disagrees. No chance Burstow would have made the impact Leaburn did last season if he played the same amount.
  • Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    Don’t like the Burstow talk, it puts in my mind loaning him opens the way for Leaburn to leave.
    You’d find it hard to find anyone who disagrees. No chance Burstow would have made the impact Leaburn did last season if he played the same amount.
    Plus it also slows Miles's development, having a loanee ahead of him.
  • I have never been in the know on players so this is a first for me. I heard today that Charlie Kirk wants to stay at Charlton as he is desperate to prove himself. The source is about as good as it gets.
    This season really is make or break for him here.
  • He could come good in the right system but are we going to play that system? Even then I'm not convinced 
  • I have never been in the know on players so this is a first for me. I heard today that Charlie Kirk wants to stay at Charlton as he is desperate to prove himself. The source is about as good as it gets.
    With due respect he’s probably got no better options
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d be open to giving Kirk another chance if we have bring in a left footed left back, he has a niche 
  • cfgs said:
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    But it wouldn't though, as Burstow wouldn't be able to play the Leaburn role. 

On the other hand, if we played 2 up top, they could play together
  • cfgs said:
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    But it wouldn't though, as Burstow wouldn't be able to play the Leaburn role. 

On the other hand, if we played 2 up top, they could play together
    But I think we would need an experienced forward as well, then it could be 3 into 2. Chelsea would expect him to play.
    We heard that last year too. Doesn't matter how hard you try, if you're not good enough - you're not good enough
  • I’d be open to giving Kirk another chance if we have bring in a left footed left back, he has a niche 
    As a number 10, is his only feasible position, imo. I called him potentially a budget Riquelme last season, in a moment of supreme generosity
  • Sessegnon would be a mistake imo. He obviously has a knee injury which was being nursed throughout the season. Another Solly 
    But he was going under the knife this summer 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Waiting for Ronnie to confirm don't forget...🙄
    I did say don’t think RC connections at Charlton are what they were that’s twice he backtracked within a few days .. after printing a story 
  • AndyG said:
    DA9 said:
    AndyG said:
    DA9 said:
    Cawley has said we haven’t bid for May, and Dubai has said Holden doesn’t want him (or words to that affect)
    So based on that, if true, how are Gillingham beating us to his signature ?
    I’m not say if we have put a bid in for him or not as nobody knows however I’m struggling to see why Holden wouldn’t want him it’s not as if we are going to have a long list of names to choose from is it
    Totally different argument, he’s the manager, he identifies the players he wants, who knows what he has up his sleeve.
    He’ll live or die by his choices 
    True but he can identify whoever he likes if nobody is willing to sanction the funds then it’s a waste of time. I might be just on a negative downer at the moment but I suspect we won’t be signing anyone until the last knockings and they will be cheap players desperate for a contract and they will be announced as the 2nd coming as per usual with this second rate snake oil salesman 
    Wasn't it said months ago that the methven/ Friedman consortium wouldn't be splashing the cash, it would mostly be freebies & loans. Things can change of course but if we have lots of investors taking a small percentage what is the likelihood that we will be spending the cash needed to bring in the players needed for a promotion challenge ?
    We heard that last year too. Doesn't matter how hard you try, if you're not good enough - you're not good enough
    100% this ! 
    Enough is enough seems a nice lad and had his troubles since being here
    but he has had enough chances and the basics like working hard, tackling, tracking back he just doesnt do and being so lightweight really winds me up

Its time to move him on however much he might want to stay