Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Photos of Football Stadiums around the world

On my travels I’ve now tried to visit famous or not so famous football stadiums. Ím sure there are quite a few of you that have seen many stadiums by following England or just popping over to Europe for the odd game or two. How about posting your snaps?

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2023

Malta’s national stadium 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Lyngby Denmark
  • Options
    Great photos @Solidgone.

Plenty of good chat in the groundhopping thread but great to see photos like these. Keep them coming. ill post some of my own later on.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Were there actually games on at any of these stadiums? - there's a lack of supporters in these photos, except one.  Were these stadium tours?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

I took the exact same photo yesterday.

Malta national stadium from the balcony next to Mdina castle.
  • Options

Malaga at home to Celta Viga. Ten minutes before kick off.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:
    Solidgone said:

I took the exact same photo yesterday.

Malta national stadium from the balcony next to Mdina castle.
    You might have been in my friend’s restaurant Coogi’s. 
  • Options

outside Levski Sofia

View towards the home end at Levski 

Sorry about the poor quality.  Photos don't do it justice as to how dilapidated it really is, weeds growing through the concrete  like the old East Terrace.
  • Options
    edited June 2023

Fortuna Dusseldorf home to FSV Frankfurt (2nd division game)

View across the fifty or so FSV Frankfurt fans in the far corner who bothered to make the trip.

The stadium holds about 50,000 and was half full.  It has a retractable roof and is in the middle of nowhere, like a lot of the new German stadiums.  Nice walk back along the Rhine if you have a spare hour and a half.
  • Options

Mainz stadium, another out of town stadium.

Mainz at home to Augsburg

Augsburg  supporters (away end).  I wanted Augsburg to win once I heard the Mainz team come out to You'll Never Walk Alone (as did Club Bruges and Dortmund).  I was also impressed by Augsburg's highly choreographed Germanic chanting and air punching.

• Options
    Solidgone said:
    Lyngby Denmark
    Did you do this with Charlton?
  • Options

Mendizorrotza- Deportivo Alaves - October 22
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    milo said:

Mainz stadium, another out of town stadium.

Mainz at home to Augsburg

Augsburg  supporters (away end).  I wanted Augsburg to win once I heard the Mainz team come out to You'll Never Walk Alone (as did Club Bruges and Dortmund).  I was also impressed by Augsburg's highly choreographed Germanic chanting and air punching.

Have not done this one, but ticked the old Mainz ground for a play-off game in '88 whilst watching England in the euro's.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Boca Juniors Buenos Aires - Both Boca and River Plate originally played in Red and White. Apparently, the first ship that sailed down the river plate Boca would chose their colours of the flag. It happened to be a Swedish ship hence the blue and yellow. Those colours always reminded my of Bloomfield School rugby shirts in my day.
    Fantastic ground, do they allow away fans in now?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Boca Juniors Buenos Aires - Both Boca and River Plate originally played in Red and White. Apparently, the first ship that sailed down the river plate Boca would chose their colours of the flag. It happened to be a Swedish ship hence the blue and yellow. Those colours always reminded my of Bloomfield School rugby shirts in my day.
    Not when I was there just over a year ago.
  • Options
    Yes. The match was the only spoiler of my time in Copenhagen. I did manage to see a Copenhagen play but no photos.
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    Solidgone said:
    Solidgone said:
    Not when I was there just over a year ago.
    A shame, I gather it was common in Buenos Aires.
    There are loads of great grounds there, Racing and Independiente to name just two.
  • Options

The Pelé museum is a must do if anybody is in Santos.

• Options
    Lechia Gdansk

• Options
    FC Valerenga