Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Photos of Football Stadiums around the world

1234568»

Comments

• These are terrific 
  • February this year a group of us did three games in two days in Italy:

Como v Parma

Juventus v Frosinone

Milan v Lookman’s Atalanta

Como looks a nice little ground.

Is Dennis Wise still out there?
    Como was nice - torrential rain that day mind. Wise is/was Director of Football. Fabregas technically assistant manager as he doesn’t have the right qualifications but looked very much in charge.

San Siro may be the best ground I’ve ever been too. Amazing. 
  • February this year a group of us did three games in two days in Italy:

Como v Parma

Juventus v Frosinone

Milan v Lookman’s Atalanta

Como looks a nice little ground.

Is Dennis Wise still out there?
    Como was nice - torrential rain that day mind. Wise is/was Director of Football. Fabregas technically assistant manager as he doesn’t have the right qualifications but looked very much in charge.

San Siro may be the best ground I’ve ever been too. Amazing. 
    I’ve done San siro this year, was class 

also doing Como next week, Vs Verona 

• Lugano Vs Servette the other week in the Swiss super league… played in a stadium reminiscent of a cross between the withdean and priestfield (albeit with slightly prettier surroundings)… yet Lugano featured in the champs league qualifiers losing narrowly to mourinhos fenerbahce… hard to swallow when you see a team playing at that level from a tiny town with no fans and a budget stadium whilst we are in League One… 
  • SVV Ulm vs FC Nuremberg - just before a mad 95min - 2 pens, a red card, throw in some crowd violence and a winner for Nuremberg it had it all! 
  • I have flights and hotel booked for Milan derby start of Feb. Anyone have any preferred ticket sites that I can trust?
  • I have flights and hotel booked for Milan derby start of Feb. Anyone have any preferred ticket sites that I can trust?
    Maybe easier said than done for the derby but I would try and get tickets via the official club ticket websites if at all possible. 

The game I went to (admittedly AC home to Empoli so not the same demand!) I bought tickets via the AC website for 20 euros off a few weeks before. Met an English couple stood near me and the girl had treated her fella to a weekend away with tickets to the game as his birthday present but had bought them off viagogo or stubhub for well over 100 quid each… 
    Maybe easier said than done for the derby but I would try and get tickets via the official club ticket websites if at all possible. 

The game I went to (admittedly AC home to Empoli so not the same demand!) I bought tickets via the AC website for 20 euros off a few weeks before. Met an English couple stood near me and the girl had treated her fella to a weekend away with tickets to the game as his birthday present but had bought them off viagogo or stubhub for well over 100 quid each… 
    Yeah ticket sites are saying about £150 but I’m dubious with them. 
  • Sponsored links:

Yeah ticket sites are saying about £150 but I’m dubious with them. 
    In fact I just checked the tickets I got were just 14 euros … mad. Had to register for AC ticket website. 

Would recommend that area I went up the top terza blu”, great view of stadium and right behind the loud fans albeit miles from
    pitch. 
    We bought all our tickets direct from each club. Just have to be alert and know which days they’re going on sale.

• Loved the internal bar where you could have a beer and watch game still through window, particularly welcome in Feb
    Nightmare getting to the toilets there mind!
  • I'm going to Galatasaray v Elfsborg next month, has anybody been there for a game who can give how the experience is out there and what the transport links are like.
  • I'm going to Galatasaray v Elfsborg next month, has anybody been there for a game who can give how the experience is out there and what the transport links are like.
    Hi mate, I went to Galatasary V Besiktas last season. Was a good game and great experience, the ground is nice but its miles out of central Istanbul, a proper by the motorway jobby, traffic in Istanbul is pretty horrendous and it took ages going out there by car, I reckon go with public transport which looks easy enough in theory but I think not quick either and very packed too. 

I found the atmosphere at the game a bit weird / maybe not as amazing as I had expected/ some people talk about with Turkey.

Gala Vs Besiktas is a huge derby and the 2nd biggest match in Turkish football behind the Fenerbahce game so was a massive game and the buzz around the stadium and the city beforehand was great. The atmosphere at the beginning in particular was class but it sort of died down and it felt a little forced/choreographed to me somehow, less natural and spontaneous than some of our atmospheres for example, and when Gala scored a late winner to go 2-1 the stadium didn't seem to go quite as crazy as I thought it might. I think the fact that they are essentially a Muslim country and therefore don't have a huge drinking culture can probably affect it a bit, ultimately whilst it has it's downsides I think boozing does help our atmospheres... 
  • Badger said:
    Went to Sligo Rovers v Galway United on Saturday night, Sligo won 2-0. 

Attending this evening’s game against Dundalk.
    Hi mate, I went to Galatasary V Besiktas last season. Was a good game and great experience, the ground is nice but its miles out of central Istanbul, a proper by the motorway jobby, traffic in Istanbul is pretty horrendous and it took ages going out there by car, I reckon go with public transport which looks easy enough in theory but I think not quick either and very packed too. 

I found the atmosphere at the game a bit weird / maybe not as amazing as I had expected/ some people talk about with Turkey.

Gala Vs Besiktas is a huge derby and the 2nd biggest match in Turkish football behind the Fenerbahce game so was a massive game and the buzz around the stadium and the city beforehand was great. The atmosphere at the beginning in particular was class but it sort of died down and it felt a little forced/choreographed to me somehow, less natural and spontaneous than some of our atmospheres for example, and when Gala scored a late winner to go 2-1 the stadium didn't seem to go quite as crazy as I thought it might. I think the fact that they are essentially a Muslim country and therefore don't have a huge drinking culture can probably affect it a bit, ultimately whilst it has it's downsides I think boozing does help our atmospheres... 

From what I have seen in the past, thousands get to the game a long time before kick off, was that the case?

Well under 100 Elfsborg expected to be there btw.