Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Berylson RIP

Comments

• Options
    Very Sad. He seemed a very good owner and decent person. I live in Massachusetts and have been looked for any local news online and there is nothing. RIP.
  • Options
    I just found he was in an accident after his Range Rover hit a tree where I live here on Cape Cod. That is tragic. RIP and condolences to the family. 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Very Sad. He seemed a very good owner and decent person. I live in Massachusetts and have been looked for any local news online and there is nothing. RIP.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12266971/Millwall-club-owner-John-Berylson-70-killed-horror-car-crash-town.html
  • Options
    He has done a great job at Millwall and obviously a highly respected man. 

Very sad news condolence's to his family.   
  • Options
    clive said:
    ct_addick said:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12266971/Millwall-club-owner-John-Berylson-70-killed-horror-car-crash-town.html

Life is so precious and fragility is never far away. Matthew Harding at Chelsea and Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha at Leicester in helicopter crashes and now John Berylson in a car accident.
    Hard to understand the randomness of life and death in accidents.
  • Options
    Top man and a truly great chairman. RIP John B.
  • Options
    Sad and shocking news in equal measure. 
    I think it's a cruel twist of fate that John didn’t live to see Millwall join the Premier League, which, on a personal level, would have been a just reward for his approach to owning the club.
    It's good to hear from the Millwall fans on here that his family members have an interest in the club and wish to continue their father's work.
    Rest in Peace,  John.

• Options
    Very sad news. 

My Millwall season ticket holding former colleague always spoke very highly of him.
  • Options
    clive said:
    ct_addick said:

Life is so precious and fragility is never far away. Matthew Harding at Chelsea and Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha at Leicester in helicopter crashes and now John Berylson in a car accident.
    Hard to understand the randomness of life and death in accidents.
    Only chatting yesterday to a friend of ours who was at Leicester that day....RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP...I still can't believe this is true..I have to admit to having a big soft spot for the Lions due to family loyalties and I am gutted for his family and the club. My sincere condolences to his family. 
  • Options
    Very sad, RIP
  • Options
    He has done a great job at Millwall and obviously a highly respected man. 

Very sad news condolence's to his family.   
    I think the way he went about it that's got him the respect his got
    He never went in there invested shit loads of money expecting to happen over night & sacking everyone because it never
    His allowed them to improve season by season sticking with his word 
    You can see why the manager & players respond the way they do & why the fans Loved him
  • Options
    Really sad news, seemed like a model owner. RIP
  • Options
    RIP 
    Proper owner. And there aren't too many of those about these days.

• Options
    Such a weird feeling.

For me, our biggest rivals, hate the club, and hate the fans (not individuals obv). He's brought them stability and was steering them to great things leaving us quite far behind.

Yet, I honestly feel gutted to hear this news. I hope his family and the Millwall fans find some comfort in the fact even us lot are upset by this.

Yep, I think it's a measure of the man that even fans of his club's local rivals are paying their respects in numbers here. Perhaps part of it is the recognition that he seemed to be exactly the kind of owner we've been crying out for since the Prem days - not apparently into it for his own self-aggrandisement or self-enrichment, not trying to prove his weird theories about networks, just putting his money where his mouth was to gradually build the club up. But also comments from people who have had direct dealings with him make him sound like a properly decent man, who will be very much missed.
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP from Blackpool 
    Respect @MillwallFan and @Big_Bad_World
  • Options
    RIP 
    Proper owner. And there aren't too many of those about these days.

Exactly this, so many owners in it now to leech off the clubs or for their ego, and he seemed the opposite of both - quiet, sensible, and willing to back it up with funds.

Seemed a good guy, and that's a tragic ending.

RIP.
  • Options
    An owner all fans can respect and Millwall can be very proud to have been associated with. A rarity in club ownership these days. RIP and best wishes to all who knew him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Terrible news. The sort of owner that we could only dream of. Hopefully the new owners can make that dream come true.
  • Options
    A owner all football fans would be proud of for their club
    RIP  
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    I wonder if the fans from both clubs could do some sort of tribute at the preseason game on the 25th July? If 'we' thought it was a good idea I could email Charlton or contact Tracey L directly to float the idea.

@MillwallFan and any other Millwall fan on here what do you think?
    I think taht would be a great idea. I imagine Millwall will want to do something special - he was a huge part of the club recently, but it would be nice if at least we could nominate someone from thefanbase/club (maybe Tracey leaburn?) to lay a wreath in the centre circle before the match. 
  • Options
    I wonder if the fans from both clubs could do some sort of tribute at the preseason game on the 25th July? If 'we' thought it was a good idea I could email Charlton or contact Tracey L directly to float the idea.

@MillwallFan and any other Millwall fan on here what do you think?
    I think taht would be a great idea. I imagine Millwall will want to do something special - he was a huge part of the club recently, but it would be nice if at least we could nominate someone from thefanbase/club (maybe Tracey leaburn?) to lay a wreath in the centre circle before the match. 
    Maybe some of The Upbeats could accompany her?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I’d imagine Millwall would want to acknowledge it but surely likely to save most of their tributes for the first league game where there’d be a bigger crowd.
  • Options
    I'm really proud of this thread. When I saw the news my first thought was "I really hope some dickhead Charlton supporters don't ruin this." It's nice to see amongst what sounds like an awful tragedy.