Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just Stop Oil protestors.....

Couldn't find a specific thread on this, although there is one where we debated the traffic problems they've been causing. 

I really really hope that they get decked by a member of the public very soon. Ran onto the playing area at Lord's last week & have twice stopped play at Wimbledon today. 

Can you imagine if they were football fans doing this. General Public wouldn't be so nice then would they.

Aaargghhh. Please lock them all up !!

Comments

• Options
    No doubt they'll be on the track again at a Silverstone too 
  • Options
    Cnuts...
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Say what you like about them, I wish I had as much luck in ticket ballets.

Have you tried the Coliseum Box Office in St Martins Lane?  ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    we've had our disruptive demos recently .. I don't recall too much bad press or many Addicks fans getting nicked
  • Options
    edited July 2023
  • Options
    They have a right to protest, they’re not physically harming anyone and I’m not necessarily against their cause. You have to raise the profile of any campaign (just like Charlton fans have done) and doing it at nationally televised sporting events is a pretty good way of doing it. Quite impressive campaign organisation really if you look at it objectively.

Awful security at these events mind and did lose my support a bit by targeting the wicket at Lords. 

Take the point with football fans though, we’d be labelled as hooligans. 
    we've had our disruptive demos recently .. I don't recall too much bad press or many Addicks fans getting nicked
    That wasn’t the comparison I was making. 
    OK, deleted the quote to save any comparison confusion 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They have a right to protest, they’re not physically harming anyone and I’m not necessarily against their cause. You have to raise the profile of any campaign (just like Charlton fans have done) and doing it at nationally televised sporting events is a pretty good way of doing it. Quite impressive campaign organisation really if you look at it objectively.

Awful security at these events mind and did lose my support a bit by targeting the wicket at Lords. 

If it any consolation I don’t think you would be classed as a hooligan
  • Options
    Keep getting these premium tickets... Got oil money written all over it.. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Let’s hope so!
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    You wait.  One of the silly cnuts will get killed in one of these stunts.  You watch the usual suspects climb out of the woodwork to defend the fuckers!

NOT you Golfie.
  • Options
    People need to be more pragmatic.

If you really want to point the finger, aim it at the BBC, Sky and all the broadcast and press outlets.

This thread by it's very nature is feeding the clicks.

• Options
    I read that a woman ran onto Epsom race course and got killed by a horse so people will go to any lengths to promote their cause
  • Options
    I find it odd how much they target working class people. Stopping plumbers and truckers from going to work is disgraceful.
  • Options
    I support the just stop oil protesters and wouldn’t mind them running on the pitch at Charlton. So why would I stop them running on any tennis court? Or cricket pitch for that matter? as usual first world problem ….
  • Options
    Boom said:
    sam3110 said:
    Let’s hope so!
    They were lucky last year there was a big shunt on the first corner so it was red flagged otherwise it would have been nasty 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Lock the lot of them up for a couple of weeks, and feed 'em bread and water...
    Any support they could have had is lost the moment they disrupt peoples free time, their cause may have been high profile at the start, but now it is boring and just a pain in the arse, and what's more it won't make a jot of difference to the powers that be, oil will still be drilled for until a better more sustainable source of energy is widely available...
  • Options
    All funded by someone who made her fortune from Getty Oil.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I support the just stop oil protesters and wouldn’t mind them running on the pitch at Charlton. So why would I stop them running on any tennis court? Or cricket pitch for that matter? as usual first world problem ….
    Exactly,  but can they score goals though bj?
  • Options
    Exactly,  but can they score goals though bj?
    How tall are they?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Hal1x said:
    All funded by someone who made her fortune from Getty Oil.

They arrest these people need to start locking them up, or sending them to Rwanda where I think they have a few spare places at the mo.

• Options

They are vandalising other peoples property. They have closed roads which have caused people to miss appointments. I would say they are hurting people 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!