Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just Stop Oil protestors.....

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    vandalism pure and simple. Just bang them up until they pay for the clean up. Scum.
    So no protest is allowed in your eyes then? 
  • Options
    not if it's against the law surely, otherwise there would be anarchy ?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    vandalism pure and simple. Just bang them up until they pay for the clean up. Scum.
    You don't have to vandalise property in order to protest. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    yes, peaceful one's that don't affect other peoples lives or cause wanton vandalism. 
  • Options
    I have absolutely no problem with this. They should go for the houses of parliament next - chuck some orange paint during PMQs or something - how about blocking the traffic to and from downing street as well. 

Didn’t someone do this with purple dye a while back?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    That’s criminal damage. You reap what you sow if you want to protest if you can all it that, in that manner 
  • Options

Well people will get passionate about their causes, not that it justifies vandalism.
  • Options
    I expect spray painting like that is unlawful.
    I imagine the protesters fully expect legal sanctions, they’re not trying to hide but putting their liberty where their mouth is as it were.
    Perhaps clogging up the underfunded courts system is part of it.
    They wasted a good opportunity to write a slogan with that spray paint.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    yes, peaceful one's that don't affect other peoples lives or cause wanton vandalism. 

What successful protest has ever been peaceful, with zero affect on anyone else's life? The paint they use comes off easily with water. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I expect spray painting like that is unlawful.
    I imagine the protesters fully expect legal sanctions, they’re not trying to hide but putting their liberty where their mouth is as it were.
    Perhaps clogging up the underfunded courts system is part of it.
    They wasted a good opportunity to write a slogan with that spray paint draw a massive cock and balls
    EFA
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not read any comments so coming in ignorant here.  

But blocking the road is fuckin annoying, kicking someone in the head is scum bag behaviour and you deserve your day in court.  
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Croydon said:
    'Please protest where it matters and leave the public alone.'

'No, no, not like that!' 

Some people are never satisfied until protests are outlawed. 
    Blocking roads - illegal
    Entering the field of play (Wimbledon etc) - illegal
    Criminal damage (paint spraying) - illegal

We don't need to outlaw these protests because they are already illegal, and that has been the case far longer than JSO have been around.

There is such a thing as lawful protest. Its not hard to work out.
    Sitting at home and not complaining about the status quo it seems like. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Croydon said:

'No, no, not like that!' 

Blocking roads - illegal

We don't need to outlaw these protests because they are already illegal, and that has been the case far longer than JSO have been around.

Yes, but some activities of JSO and other protest groups weren't 'illegal' prior to the passing of the "The Public Order Act 2023" though, which gave law enforcement agencies in the United Kingdom greater powers to prevent protest tactics deemed "disruptive" such as those used by climate protesters. It has been reported elsewhere that fossil fuel industry lobbyists exerted influence on the Government to clamp down on the likes of JSO, as done via this Act.

• Options
    edited July 2023
    I do hope everyone complaining about these illegal protests weren't part of the mob that threw pigs onto the field of play during the Roland years. 

Football (Offences) Act 1991

• Throwing of missiles onto the playing area or into the crowd - s.2
    - It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to throw anything at or towards—

(a) the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, or

(b) any area in which spectators or other persons are or may be present,

without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove).

Would be very hypocritical now wouldn't it? 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Na i wasn’t there.

FWIW the paint up the building an running on at Wimbledon don’t really bother me, crack on. I just don’t agree with the stopping traffic like they have done.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I do hope everyone complaining about these illegal protests weren't part of the mob that threw pigs onto the field of play during the Roland years. 

Football (Offences) Act 1991

• Throwing of missiles onto the playing area or into the crowd - s.2
    - It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to throw anything at or towards—

(a) the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, or

(b) any area in which spectators or other persons are or may be present,

without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove).

Would be very hypocritical now wouldn't it? 
    Tbf from the back of the east stand mine landed no where near the playing surface. Might of caught some unsuspecting person in the head who was sitting in the first few rows. No wonder my cricket career never materialised. 

Edit:just re read the law. As it ended up in the crowd I would still be in trouble. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Are you now saying those pigs weren’t actually flying ?
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Croydon said:

'No, no, not like that!' 

Blocking roads - illegal

Yes, but some activities of JSO and other protest groups weren't 'illegal' prior to the passing of the "The Public Order Act 2023" though, which gave law enforcement agencies in the United Kingdom greater powers to prevent protest tactics deemed "disruptive" such as those used by climate protesters. It has been reported elsewhere that fossil fuel industry lobbyists exerted influence on the Government to clamp down on the likes of JSO, as done via this Act.

I'm pretty certain that criminal damage was illegal prior to 2023. As was blocking the highway. As was running on the pitch...

I don't think the Government needed fuel industry lobbyists to influence the act...
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    swordfish said:
    Croydon said:

'No, no, not like that!' 

Blocking roads - illegal

I'm pretty certain that criminal damage was illegal prior to 2023. As was blocking the highway. As was running on the pitch...

I don't think the Government needed fuel industry lobbyists to influence the act...
    Well I didn't say they weren't did I, but the act was passed in response to the recent activities of protest groups, so I quoted it because of its relevance. 

Caroline Lucas clearly believes that the Government listened to the fuel industry lobbyists in passing the Act having seen that  ExxonMobil provided funding to the think tank (Policy Exchange) which persuaded the Government to legislate against Extinction Rebellion activists. Open Democracy investigated. Here's what they found.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/policing-bill-policy-exchange-exxonmobil-lobbying/
  • Options
    As I previously said, if an individual feels helpless in light of the climate emergency, instead of some blaming China, others saying we’re all doomed, others in denial altogether, in a ‘what did you do in the war daddy and mummy?’ scenario one answer could be ‘I had little power and influence to help darling, but I did my bit by stopping eating meat’.
    To me it seems such an easy simple thing to do in order for individuals to make a genuine contribution in helping the problem.
    ’But I like/love meat’ I hear people say, but in the next breath they say they agree with JSO (or other environmental activists) but not their methods. Perhaps if people agreed that much they could take action by moving to a plant based diet as a way of making a personal effort.
    A cheaper and easier thing to do straight away than saving up for an electric car.
  • Options
    quite a headline 
  • Options
    I love my meat (insert joke here) but seriously considering trying to switch to plant based meat alternatives, as I’ve got to do something or my moaning about the damage we are doing is hypocritical. Does anyone have any products / plant based products websites they can recommend, if you’ve switched from meat products?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!