Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just Stop Oil protestors.....

1293031323335»

Comments

• Options
    I think this is a perfect area for the Lib Dems to capitalise on. If the other parties aren't, they can sweep up a lot of votes in my opinion, a real wedge issue. 

It would definitely tempt me to vote for them, although I can't see myself voting for anyone other than Starmer as it stands. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    When there is a realisation across the country that something needs to change, but a million people vote that way and only get one MP, the ballot box argument loses it’s potency.
    Arguably it is one in 40 people who bother to vote (Green) but it gets them very little in return.
    (see also UKIP)
    To add spice that destructive Farage was invited to tell his lies across loads of media outlets over and over again where Caroline Lucas hardly got a platform to tell the truth.

What puts people of voting for the Green Party is some of the other batshit stuff that they believe in. If they just stuck to environmental policies, that would be fine, but they also espouse the kind of batshit beliefs that you would expect from members of the Students Union.
    They get a lot of votes overall. So some voters aren't put off.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    seth plum said:
    When there is a realisation across the country that something needs to change, but a million people vote that way and only get one MP, the ballot box argument loses it’s potency.
    Arguably it is one in 40 people who bother to vote (Green) but it gets them very little in return.
    (see also UKIP)
    To add spice that destructive Farage was invited to tell his lies across loads of media outlets over and over again where Caroline Lucas hardly got a platform to tell the truth.

What puts people of voting for the Green Party is some of the other batshit stuff that they believe in. If they just stuck to environmental policies, that would be fine, but they also espouse the kind of batshit beliefs that you would expect from members of the Students Union.
    Even if they were to perform amazingly well next time out and end up with more than one MP, I doubt they'll be invited to form part of any coalition Govt, so their 'batshit' policies (rejection of nuclear perhaps?) wouldn't see the light of day anyway, so I don't see that as a reason not to support them and send the clearest possible message that you want the climate change crisis addressed. That's my thinking anyway.

I agree that the current system renders them an irrelevance to whoever prevails at the polls.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    “They’ve probably been paid by the daily mail’

That really is their go too line isn’t it, they’re obsessed with that paper.
  • Options
    As this thread has veered massively into HoC territory, it's probably best if you continue the discussion over there. I suggest this thread:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!